IGNORED

A Preston View of City on Saturday - really good read

Davefevs

For those that know the book and film, “The Boys from Brazil”, this sounds like “The Boys from Bristol"

Evil Doctor Menegelal, working at the BRI, has cloned Davefevs and sent the clones to all parts of England that have championship clubs, there to sign into the respective club’s forums. Once there they bide their time before starting a campaign of confusion,  by making  technically detailed posts with charts, diagrams, graphs and pictures which bamboozle fans and turns them into gibbering wrecks.

The PNE clone is just the first to have surfaced - you have been warned!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

From Oli (From the Finney Pod):

https://olioconnell.substack.com/p/bristol-citys-not-4-4-2?r=dyhmy&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy

All the things that normally get done to us, we did to Preston.

That’s a long winded way of describing what I’ve been posting for ages about formations being largely  irrelevant and it’s the fluidity of the team shape is what really matters.

37 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Sometimes the 'beautiful game' can be over complicated with analysis and jargon.....

Bill Shankley’s quote is "football is a simple game made complicated.by people who should know better"

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s a long winded way of describing what I’ve been posting for ages about formations being largely  irrelevant and it’s the fluidity of the team shape is what really matters.

An article excellently proving your groundbreaking theory that 4-4-2 is the foundation of every formation, as by moving just one player you can get any other formation I thought.

The fact you often manage to condense such articles into a single sentence is even more incredible, bravo!

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s not really.....it’s actually describing how City won the game and how it impacted Preston.  

When I read people say we’ll play 442 but it’ll become 451 without the ball, I would like to ask them how do they get back to 442 once back in possession, but I’m generally not that rude....nor do I think I have all the answers either.  I do love chatting / posting about this stuff though.

I put the post up for those people who like to read in depth stuff.  It’s not for everyone.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

10/10, I didn't expect someone to notice so quickly...I must try harder next time 

don't bother I always get that hamlet moment when I realize I've messed up. what I am trying to say despite a career spanning many years of typing , I still can't type  

Certainly felt it was more of a 4-3-3 at times- 4-4-2, not so much- maybe something between the two, but either way thought we had that excellent security Saturday?

Would I have liked more possesion? Of course but we came out dominant, 2nd half for 20-30 mins weathered what pressure there was, had their equaliser gone in when clipping the bar different game but it all felt fairly comfortable overall.

Didn't really see it as a 4-4-2 though.

This was a very interesting read but I’m not convinced it was about the match I watched. The fact that Preston controlled the game for long periods in the second half didn’t get a mention. It was really “a game of two halves” . Perhaps this didn’t full coverage was because to analyse it in detail Oli would have to have doubled the amount he wrote, and he had  just too much keyboard exhaustion to carry on 

On second thoughts it was a game of three thirds or possibly four quarters which would be far too difficult to analyse 

28 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This was a very interesting read but I’m not convinced it was about the match I watched. The fact that Preston controlled the game for long periods in the second half didn’t get a mention. It was really “a game of two halves” . Perhaps this didn’t full coverage was because to analyse it in detail Oli would have to have doubled the amount he wrote, and he had  just too much keyboard exhaustion to carry on 

On second thoughts it was a game of three thirds or possibly four quarters which would be far too difficult to analyse 

That depends on whether you believe that the team that has the ball is in control of the game. 

Archived