IGNORED

Norwich - Robins TV

Ashton Yate

Has anyone else received this email from the club advising that we can stream the Norwich game tomorrow on Robins TV for free as a season ticket holder? I understand that the homes games on Sky would be free to stream, as included within season ticket, but wasn't aware this also applied to away games. Will be happy if it is mind, as will save me £10 on a Now TV pass!

Screenshot_20210119-200243_Outlook.jpg

Yes I had the email. They also mentioned this at the end of the Robins TV programme on Saturday. It surprised me as well since, as you say, it was only home matches before (which kind of made sense given season tickets only cover home matches). So presume the rules have changed. Not complaining though - means my Dad can watch it for free (I have Sky). 

Just now, eardun said:

Yes I had the email. They also mentioned this at the end of the Robins TV programme on Saturday. It surprised me as well since, as you say, it was only home matches before (which kind of made sense given season tickets only cover home matches). So presume the rules have changed. Not complaining though - means my Dad can watch it for free (I have Sky). 

What was the deal for PNE away before Christmas? That was on Sky, as was Bournemouth earlier in the season.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What was the deal for PNE away before Christmas? That was on Sky, as was Bournemouth earlier in the season.

Those games were not available free. I think I remember paying £10 for the Bournemouth game and watching the Preston game on Sky. Looks like either the rules have changed, or they have decided to offer us this game as an extra bonus. Either way, it definitely looks like it is going to be available free of charge for season ticket holders. No need to register either, will just be automatically applied based on voucher code entered earlier in season.

41 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Just a reminder its a 6pm kick off. don't want anyone tuning in at 7.45 to find its nearly finished.

Also on Sky.

Sorry if it's been mentioned above, but then again it will be asked about 20 times between now and then anyway!!

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Also on Sky.

Sorry if it's been mentioned above, but then again it will be asked about 20 times between now and then anyway!!

Watching it live on Sky if you have access to it is the next best thing to actually being in the stadium. 

I decided a while ago to abandon Robins TV simply because of the lag which varies from 1 min to 90secs and now listen on RB with SkySports on mute. They show the goals fairly quickly. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Watching it live on Sky if you have access to it is the next best thing to actually being in the stadium. 

I decided a while ago to abandon Robins TV simply because of the lag which varies from 1 min to 90secs and now listen on RB with SkySports on mute. They show the goals fairly quickly. 

I remember the game where we scored after about 40 seconds, (Pato?). We scored before the game had even kicked off on Robins TV

26 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I've personally only watched 2/3 games on Robins TV as found the pre-game build up stuff a bit cringe-worthy and the match commentary was unbearable. 

Will stick to Sky me thinks.

Agree, Toby and especially Rene Gilmartin are absolutely dreadful.  If the game's not on Sky, or other TV/Stream, I watch Robins TV as a last resort.......but muted!

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Each to their own, I suppose, but I like him and find him most interesting and knowledgeable.

Me too. I thought some of his tactical insights and knowledge of the goings on behind the scenes are really interesting. For example, Gilmartin spoke about how when Kalas was made captain, the Czech took it upon himself to create a video compilation of all of the first team players' best moments, and then presented it to them as a bonding exercise. Really interesting, I thought.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Each to their own, I suppose, but I like him and find him most interesting and knowledgeable.

It's not the content,  he just doesn't stop talking continuosly ...on and on...and on. I don't think the actual match commentator got more than half a dozen words In. 

4 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Agree, Toby and especially Rene Gilmartin are absolutely dreadful.  If the game's not on Sky, or other TV/Stream, I watch Robins TV as a last resort.......but muted!

"We've got to move the ball through the turds a bit better." Really? I'd be having words with the dogs' owners mate.

Archived