IGNORED

Kettering captain attacks ref & smashes up dressing room

Unan

I don't advocate a player putting a hand on a ref in any way, but why does the ref have the right to put his hand on a player? Ref puts his hand on the player and player swats it away so in this case the ref has caused the incident

• Admin
2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I don't advocate a player putting a hand on a ref in any way, but why does the ref have the right to put his hand on a player? Ref puts his hand on the player and player swats it away so in this case the ref has caused the incident

I don't agree, the referee has stopped walking toward the player.

The player walks into the refs face and then lightly slaps his side.

Referees are always raising their hands etc.

The player is looking at a lengthy ban for this 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Banned User said:

Can only assume this original tweet had more showing?

It's been removed now

But from footage shared above certainly wasn't aan attack on the referee 

16 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

The lights went out at the ground at one point, the second half then kicked off at 10:30.... game still going on

All very bizarre 

I wonder if the guy sent off is an electrician :ph34r:

20210119_231819.jpg

• Admin

Just realised who the player is that was sent off, his name is Michael McGrath and has a bit of previous for losing the plot. 

He got sent off at Hereford last year and started smashing windows in the dressing room and as a result police were called and he was detained. 

It sounds like he talked himself into problems with the referee and lost the plot. 

I'm wondering if the two incidents have become confused in the headline tonight? 

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

To be fair, my first couple of viewings of the footage had me believing that it was some small fellas playing on a snooker table or a Subbuteo pitch.  Think I'd better put this last bottle of cider back in the fridge.

Archived