IGNORED

Big money Championship flops

Bassomylord

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55720216

Reading the above article makes you realise how much some clubs have spent on players and how much some of these big money signings have flopped massively. 

Cardiff signed Murphy for £11 million!!!! Crazy money. 1 goal in 10 (ok not a striker) and can't even get in the side.....imagine if we had shelled that much cash on a flop (glad we don't and glad we surely never will).

Can anyone think of any other examples of players signed for a big/huge fee that have flopped really badly? Thinking specifically clubs that are now in the championship.

49 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Ross McCormack for Aston Villa will take some beating. Of course he couldn't make training one time because his gate wouldn't open at the end of his drive...

£10-15mn wasted? 

Was surprised to see he at Aldershot in the National League now, having spent the entirety of last season without a club.

Will never forget the outrageous lob he scored against us for Fulham at Craven Cottage a few years ago which won their goal of the season. He then proceeded to put his finger to his lips to shush the City fans which wound everyone up a treat.

We had the last laugh though as Tomlin scored a beauty of a last minute free kick to give us a 2-1 win and cap one of my favourite ever away days, it was carnage in the away end when that went in!

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

I'd look outside teams with parachute payments and look towards Sheffield Wednesday's transfer for Jordan Rhodes, fee supposedly up to £10m and he's played around 61 games and scored 9 goals

If ever there was a player too good for L1 but bang average in the Championship......

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Was surprised to see he at Aldershot in the National League now, having spent the entirety of last season without a club.

Will never forget the outrageous lob he scored against us for Fulham at Craven Cottage a few years ago which won their goal of the season. He then proceeded to put his finger to his lips to shush the City fans which wound everyone up a treat.

We had the last laugh though as Tomlin scored a beauty of a last minute free kick to give us a 2-1 win and cap one of my favourite ever away days, it was carnage in the away end when that went in!

Yes, I was worried that the stand would collapse!

Archived