IGNORED

19/20 accounts released

Fordy62

Probably would have been 750k-1m less with matchday revenue; and without having to refund season cards.

Moving forward it means that we are level for the last two accounts. I'm guessing the 20/21 accounts will be horrific. Hopefully the EFL won't be including this season in the projected FFPs for clubs, as would be totally unfair.

Also demonstrates how the parachute payments from the PL make this league so uncompetitive. All 3 relegated teams in the top 5 this season.

An overhaul of the whole system is a must now.

Just now, daored said:

And people say we don’t need a cup run this year because fans are in the ground. Any extra income despite how small thrifty tv revenue had to help 

The Millwall game is really important for us, particularly seeing as we're not looking like a good bet for the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, Wembley Excile said:

looking at 55-60m loss next year with no player trading. scary times. 

Not sure where you got that figure from?

Will be about half that i reckon. But still if you're only allowing £39m over 3 seasons, completely unsustainable.

28 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Thank goodness LJ developed all those players and sold at a profit in the previous financial year. A £10m loss when that pretty much includes none of the time spent without fans is not good.  Can only imagine what results will be in 12 months time 

but Ignore how much he spent on signings , wages etc 

Thats the spirit

1 minute ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Not sure where you got that figure from?

Will be about half that i reckon. But still if you're only allowing £39m over 3 seasons, completely unsustainable.

Also we get to write off COVID losses which will account for season tickets sales and match day income at least

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

We need to do a derby and Sheffield Wednesday...... Sell our ground to are holding company for £££££

Am I right in thinking these accounts would include AG as Bristol City Holdings owns Ashton Gate Limited?

In which case, selling the ground to an separate holding company would mean Bristol City Holdings wouldn't get the revenue from non-matchday usage, and I think also rent from Bristol Bears.

Signing of experienced players like Martin/Mariappa/Brunt will all have added a lot onto the wage budget. 

Other than Famara, I wouldn’t offer contracts to any of those up at the end of the year. I’m not certain on who’s OOC and who’s not, but got a fairly decent idea of who it is. 

..and that is another reason we took so long to appoint Johnson's replacement, then ended up going "cheap".

This set of accounts was always going to be crap, but then we won't be alone in that. 

With no fans potentially/likely until next season realistically, we're going to have to either get promotion, or do some absolutely outstanding business in the transfer market between now and the Summer, or face an even bigger loss next year.

Again though, we won't be the only club with accounts looking like this, and I agree that others may end up going out of business completely.

Meanwhile over in Eastville, Wally is still trying to find the beer matt with the figures on.....

31 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Also note the £10m loss includes the Webster sale.  We have sold nobody near that value since.  Those that want Lansdown out might want to think again 

You are using the fact that the club, ultimately run by Steve Lansdown, is losing money hand over fist as a reason to defend him? The mind boggles. 

26 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

People moaning about SL have no idea about how much it costs to run a club. He isn’t perfect but it’s a damn sight better than a lot of owners.

When there is a queue of investors to take over then no problem.

The question is: do you know how much it costs SL to run BCFC in the context of his overall wealth? We have run up a £10m loss in the 19/20 season. SL is worth around £1.72bn. That's 1,720 million pounds, and his wealth is increasing year on year. Suddenly that £10m sounds like a drop in the ocean, doesn't it? 

You are right, he is better than some owners, however his overall achievement at BCFC over the past 20 years versus his investment is well below par. 

Do you seriously think if BCFC went up for sale tomorrow there wouldn't be a healthy list of interested parties? I think there would be. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

SL is worth around £1.72bn. That's 1,720 million pounds, and his wealth is increasing year on year. Suddenly that £10m sounds like a drop in the ocean, doesn't it? 

Well that's okay then. Tight bastard that he is. Come one Steve - chuck us 50 Million please.

Its easy to spend other peoples money isnt it?

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Do you seriously think if BCFC went up for sale tomorrow there wouldn't be a healthy list of interested parties? I think there would be. 

Maybe you could ring round that healthy list looking for someone with a spare £200 million or so to give away to fund your dream?

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You are using the fact that the club, ultimately run by Steve Lansdown, is losing money hand over fist as a reason to defend him? The mind boggles. 

The question is: do you know how much it costs SL to run BCFC in the context of his overall wealth? We have run up a £10m loss in the 19/20 season. SL is worth around £1.72bn. That's 1,720 million pounds, and his wealth is increasing year on year. Suddenly that £10m sounds like a drop in the ocean, doesn't it? 

You are right, he is better than some owners, however his overall achievement at BCFC over the past 20 years versus his investment is well below par. 

Most clubs lose money. Lansdown is financing an ambition to get to the top flight.  You are clearly a lot cleverer than me so maybe I’ve got it wrong but we lose a massive amount of money every year unless we sell players and are an established mid table championship club with no real sign of going bust. 

Are you saying Lansdown should be managing us towards profit and challenging for promotion? Seems ambitious and unrealistic but as I say, please educate me 

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Well that's okay then. Tight bastard that he is. Come one Steve - chuck us 50 Million please.

Now you're being silly. I am simply putting the losses the club makes in the context of Steve's wealth. 

Some more context for you, his wealth has increased by around £500m since 2015. These are numbers that bring him unimaginable wealth in comparison to most of us. He could give away 75% of his wealth and still afford to run City. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don’t doubt there would be, I would just have reservations about how good an owner they’d make, how many would view us as a play thing to try and getting into the premier league for their own gain so to say. 

10 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I don’t want to put words in kids mouth , so here’s my take on one aspect where we waste money.

scouting/ recruitment

The article states the players we made a profit on . It doesn’t however state the millions wasted in our scattergun recruitment process . We don’t have a philosophy of play and recruit to it , ie Brentford , Swansea . The amount of players we’ve bought we didn’t need is ridiculous. One example, signing Palmer & szmodics a few weeks apart with no idea how we would play them. 

Archived