IGNORED

Norwich City v CITY Official Matchday Thread

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

2-0 loss with Bentley MOTM incoming

That would be quite a result with 45 still to go.

Never mind though, plucky show from the non-league side.

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

2-0 loss with Bentley MOTM incoming

That would be quite a result with 45 still to go.

Never mind though, plucky show from the non-league side.

It was plain for all to see that the side that got a result against Preston was not the right one to go with here.

I raised my eyebrows when I saw the side, surely we needed to go with a 3-5-2? Norwich have lined up the same way all season.

The thing is, Holden had the personnel to do it tonight, and worryingly thought this was the best line up and system to get a result. Bit of an embarrassment that this is on Sky to be honest.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Norwich are bloody brilliant. But this is so poor. The space they have is ridiculous.

What makes it even more annoying is the times we did some good stuff and got balls in the box the Norwich defenders have done excellently too.

They passed around us in the last game and they’re doing the same tonight . Why haven’t we learnt from the last time we played them ?

A real bug bare of mine is comments like its Norwich what do you expect? 

Then the same people defend us when we look awful against the poorer teams in the league. Comments like we can't just expect to beat teams. They want it as much as us blah blah blah. But we can expect to lose against the better teams in the league? 

You could tell after 5 minutes where this game was going. So bored of this club. Haven't bothered with Robins TV for weeks now, and now questioning why I bothered tonight.

First half in a nutshell....we have been completely outplayed. Norwich have dominated all over the pitch with far too much time and space, we are fortunate it’s only 1-0. On the few occasions we’ve had the ball we’ve lacked ideas and quickly lost the ball. 
At half time the gulf between a top of the table team and us is painfully being demonstrated. Reminds me of when we’ve played Premiership teams in cup games.

Archived