IGNORED

Norwich City v CITY Official Matchday Thread

Gulf in class huge.

Yes yes yes, despite about 30% possession we limited their chances first 30 mins or so, well done...but....they had another gear and probably more.

3 big blocks and saves before the inevitable goal. Not unfair to say Norwich could be 4 - 0 up at half time.

Us on the other hand, look as likely to score as my ugly mate down Rixy's on a Friday night.

Still 1-0, so I guess this is the Championship and we'll still in it.

2 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

That would be quite a result with 45 still to go.

Never mind though, plucky show from the non-league side.

That would be quite a result with 45 still to go.

Never mind though, plucky show from the non-league side.

It does remind me of that sort of performance/attitude, just imagine if these two teams were in the same division.............

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Our tactics seem to be “punt it long to fam and Martin, if they can’t hold it up then....uh.....dunno”

Yeah - we are giving it away a lot in the full backs. Not sure if thats a deliberate tactic but if it is it really isn't working. Rowe and Hunt pass completion rate cant look good.

Tyreeq HNM and Antoine could give us a bit more drive and confidence. Norwich are an unusually good championship team but this is currently attack v defence. 

Id leave KP on for a bit but maybe change Haks and one of strikers. Def wouldn't go three at back.

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

It was plain for all to see that the side that got a result against Preston was not the right one to go with here.

I raised my eyebrows when I saw the side, surely we needed to go with a 3-5-2? Norwich have lined up the same way all season.

The thing is, Holden had the personnel to do it tonight, and worryingly thought this was the best line up and system to get a result. Bit of an embarrassment that this is on Sky to be honest.

It is reminiscent of the old LJ reactionary management. The type that said "We won, so we don't change anything." or "We lost, so where's my tombola?".

As you say it's really naive to think that a team that can play and beat Preston is the same way to play and get a result away to Norwich.

However, in Holden's defence - did we not play 352 at home v Norwich a few months back? When they schooled us 3-1 and Wells skyed his penalty? They tore us to pieces then as well so perhaps he thought "screw it, try something different tonight. Might work."

3 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

What an awful side city are to watch. Absolutely clueless. 

4 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

What an awful side city are to watch. Absolutely clueless. 

Have been for the last few seasons, since cup matches against Manchester side, how many game can you say have been enjoyable to watch?  Boring and predictable to watch, again, how many saves has their keeper had to make?

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Far better from us last game as we actually created quite a number of chances.

It would probably have been sensible to go with one up top and an extra midfielder in there. That would at least give them less space.

Only because they haven’t taken their chances tonight 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve only managed to watch about 10 minutes so far as I’ve just got in from work. From what I can see though, City are giving Norwich far too much respect. 

It’s all too easy for them. Get in their faces please boys...

This. 

I don't agree with all the posts saying we are poor or clueless. We just aren't getting enough of the ball. 

We are defending pretty well, but I think Palmer and Adelekun are leaving us too lightweight in midfield. 

Can't really blame the strikers when we are so rarely getting to that end of the pitch. 

I'd like to see Bakinson and possibly Massengo (based on Saturdays improvement) 

We need to get in their faces, at least disrupt their flow, even if they overcome that, then let's stop making it so easy for them. 

Lucky to only be 1 down. Norwich look quality, but we are still in it, if we can stuck into them more and push them further up the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Didnt expect to get a result tonite can take loosing but what is unaceptable is this type of gutless football with one tactic which is to hoof it to the front 2 one is imobile its dreadfull to watch painfull

At the risk of getting moaned at it's losing. And have you not got spell check?

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

You have to earn the right to play and we haven't but you have to credit Norwich also, they've been very good. 

Need to change something at HT.

We make every team look good, yet again we are embarrassingly bad in front of sky cameras, unfortunately we don't have a manager with enough nous to make a difference 

Archived