IGNORED

Norwich City v CITY Official Matchday Thread

4 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Palmer Martin Adeluken off

Semenyo Bakinson massengo on

Need to start winning a bit of the midfield battle and get up the pitch

Honestly don't get this Bakinson thing he's a liability give the ball away more than any player and has such a languid uninterested playing style...

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think you can put any system against them and they’ll pass around you.

If you go 352, they’ll go 2v1 out wide and if you push a CB wide to back up, they’ll exploit you in behind / more central.  They are a joy to watch, their midfielders run forward off of the ball with speed and purpose....not necessarily to receive the ball, but distraction minimum..

Essentially we need to be more aggressive and work harder.

Im pleased that we’ve tried to play a higher line.

If we are gonna chip balls into Martin and Diedhiou then the midfield need to commit to getting around them.

We need to keep the ball better, as Norwich are easily dragged out of position, suck the full-backs forward then channel for runner.  Might be better suited to Wells off of Fam.

Lots of work to do.

Catching up, this MDT is a fun read!!!

Absolutely this.

Just now, BCFC Richard said:

Not the best half - not really pressing them when in possession. Some ok moments, but definitely need to show more energy and intent. 

I don't think the performance was  good enough this half, but to those who are being all out doom and gloom - just remember this is one of the best teams in the league and looking elsewhere (non BCFC bias views) we haven't been quite as bad as some are making out.

BBC Live text feed:

"Bristol City have had to get through some periods of Norwich pressure but they've certainly shown enough to suggest they can trouble the hosts. Famara Diedhiou has held the ball up nicely at times but he does often look a tad isolated."

"They soaked up the early pressure but Bristol City have grown into this now. Kasey Palmer is putting himself about in midfield and the visitors are pressing Norwich relatively high up the pitch."

Norwich Forum:

"Quite a big an' brawny bustling side are Brizzle"

"Not sure whether Dhiedeou has signed a new contract at Brizzle but he'd be the kind of centre forward I'd like to see us get, real handful"

Not saying we have been great or even at our best, but not the disaster some are making out. 

We’ve been awful 

A couple of decent individual efforts but as a side we look like a L1 side against a Prem side

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

You’ve been lucky not to have seen it 

No I don't see it unless it on a stream like hesgoal, I usually, and don't ask me how he does it, get a commentary from RB, through his link.  If for some reason it's not working, I usually pay for the audio, which is from RB on the OS.  Still from reading the forum, it doesn't sound as if we are playing well.

Archived