IGNORED

Norwich City v CITY Official Matchday Thread

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Literally nobody has said that.

What has been said is that a shot performance and being well beaten by the top of the league doesn't mean we are now relegated.

It doesn't erase every positive performance in the clubs history.

We were bad tonight and no one has argued against that.

What people who are capable of perspective have said is "this was bad, but the world isn't ending" while the others who aren't are looking around for cyanide pills.

Whilst I would not put myself in bed wetting territory, you,ve got to look at our performances since Barnsley. There aren’t many positives to be had, and I would suggest that the performance trend in that of a relegation team. Our only saviour is the start we had which put points in the bag. I can’t see a game where we could guarantee 3 points right now, and I’d describe myself as optimistic.

Irrespective of our position in the league we are the most boring, unimaginative, toothless team in the division, I saw more spirited displays than I've witnessed in the past 3 years when we were bottom of the 4th division but never mind we've got the midfield power houses of Patterson and O'Dowda coming back soon

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I mean we can agree we played well enough against a leading league 1 side and Preston finally. Didnt expect to win tonight but yeah we did look a bit disjointed again but it goes back to players available and the injury crisis.

I think our problems run a bit more deeper and wider than that KW

Theres some dark clouds (Contracts etc) and big decisions looming 

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

And criticising a bad performance doesn't make you a betwetter.

Thinking we are now relegated because we lost to the best team in the division does.

If you look, there's a difference, so if your posts are closer to the first than the second then you don't need to give a shit about the posts rightly calling out the morons who make the ones in the second category.

If your posts are more like the ones who are actively pretending we have never played well in the last 5 and a half seasons,then you need to give your head a wobble.

Point taken

Holden did look a bit like a bloke who had just won a competition to be coach for the day.

I've no idea how he was trying to play, no idea about the subs he used, it all looked a bit random to me.

Relegation? No, progress, I'm beginning to seriously wonder.

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Whilst I would not put myself in bed wetting territory, you,ve got to look at our performances since Barnsley. There aren’t many positives to be had, and I would suggest that the performance trend in that of a relegation team. Our only saviour is the start we had which put points in the bag. I can’t see a game where we could guarantee 3 points right now, and I’d describe myself as optimistic.

I wouldn't say there's ever been a point since promotion where you could look at fixtures and point to a guaranteed 3 points, barring games in exceptional circumstances, like when Bolton were in the financial mire, that's the nature of this division,  regardless of our form.

8 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Sometimes you just got to say that across the whole park they were man for man better than us ? 
That’s why we were out played, and again Bents only really bright spark...saved us from a bigger defeat. Did  Krul even have a shot to stop of any note ?

They were good to watch...chasing shadows.

Sad when you respond to your own post ? but I would add it still really irks me when square pegs are put in round holes... I think most of us recognise that KP for  example would effective behind the forwards... not stuck out wide... playing central defender in the middle (Zak) and so on...  no wonder they looked so fluid and us clumsy.  Oh well. 

I still cannot fathom why Dean decides (when we are behind) to ensure all 4 strikers are on the pitch and therefore pushing our 2 most threatening/likely players out wide. Tonight for example we had zero creativity (3 shots all game and none on target) but yet he decides to take off our only creative centre midfielder (Palmer) and replace him for one player who he would probably provide service for in Wells. 

Losing the faith v quickly, don’t mind losing if we are giving it a go or generally playing good football but we are doing neither and I’m still baffled by Deans tactics/favoured formation 

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

I think our problems run a bit more deeper and wider than that KW

Theres some dark clouds (Contracts etc) and big decisions looming 

Yeah maybe pal, what will be will be im hoping we can just sort out our current issues whatever they are and get that feeling back where we enjoy watching our team.

That was complete and utter dog turd. Dont care who we are playing that type of performance is embarrassing at best. How they have the cheek to expect fans to pay to watch shite like that? You must be mad.

We are in the same league as them? Jesus christ. 

And with the announcements of losses again today. Its all to familiar and depressing. Blowing money on players that are just not good enough, while skrimping on the guy in charge that never knows what the hell he is doing. 

23 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I already told you why in the first post that I responded to you with, the one you haven't quoted.

Its a vastly different situation. 

I'm not convinced that 'vastly different' is valid. Unless you are saying it is not possible for us to lose a leading goal scorer through injury or something else.

Hull's GD at week 22/24 was about +4. Ours is -1. So our position is not bomb proof and we need significant improvements all over the park very quickly or we could face an uncomfortable end of season.

5 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Which year do you mean??

Anger? More like ignorance regarding anything to do with football. But they can get away with it on here because it feeds the negativity that is OTIB. 

Dissapointing result but no surprise really, with the bias towards these yo yo Prem outfits.

We are a very well run outfit, be thankful we are not like the most of the club's that are basket cases. 

However my main concern us the seemingly lack of desire with the players, that is down to one man really, and he has to improve...quickly. 

Players on easy street, sort it out Dean?

Going to stop watching this rubbish week in and week out, times as they are, we need something to lift and cheer us, and this ain’t it. After watching end up being depressed and it ruins the rest of my evening, yet again! Can Lansdown really be happy with standard of play, I’ve said before, blessing in disguise for Holden that there are no fans watching this.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I wouldn't say there's ever been a point since promotion where you could look at fixtures and point to a guaranteed 3 points, barring games in exceptional circumstances, like when Bolton were in the financial mire, that's the nature of this division,  regardless of our form.

Would you not accept that our form since Barnsley has been that of a team closer to relegation than top 6. Another game with ZERO shots on goal and a 20+ goal a season man playing on the wing. We’ll stay up because of our start and because Wycombe means that realistically there are only 2 relegation places to play for. We are just not an enjoyable watch anymore, even for a die hard like me.

27 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I understand all the frustration tonight but it doesn’t mean we are relegation bound. That’s just anger taking over.

Agreed. We have too many points to go down but next season with Holden in charge and the squad we have less Fam and who knows maybe Walsh is another matter.

Norwich will win the league this year, and have players that are top flight quality. I can think of at least 5, possibly more. Farke is a very good manager. Disappointing performance but if we were offered 3 points from Preston and Norwich...

Onto the cup weekend. COYR.

19 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

So we could play on for another 9 x 90mins and still not be expected to score a whole goal. Bleak

That is one way of looking at it yes. All of our "efforts" amounted to a 9% chance of scoring 1 goal. This is only one source of xG though, some others may be a little more generous (although form 3 shots off target no xG algorithm is going to give us much).

Norwich had xG of about 1.6 today, which is a pretty standard figure for a team hitting 14 shots, 6 of which were on target.

2 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

I'm not convinced that 'vastly different' is valid. Unless you are saying it is not possible for us to lose a leading goal scorer through injury or something else.

Hull's GD at week 22/24 was about +4. Ours is -1. So our position is not bomb proof and we need significant improvements all over the park very quickly or we could face an uncomfortable end of season.

We have conceded 26 goals from 24.

Hull had conceded 33 from 24 last season.

In January last season they sold Bowen and Grosicki, who between them were responsible via goals and assists for the vast majority of their goals.

So they had a worse defense than us, and got rid of 2 players who were directly responsible for 75%+ (no exaggeration) of their goals up to that point. 

Now I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you are being deliberately dishonest when you say you don't see the difference, because if you genuinely cannot then there is no point is wasting any more time in discussion with you.

Think the best word to describe where we’re at is ‘dysfunctional’. 

We're a mess, on and off the field. 

I just look at us tonight. Playing away to quality opposition with two target men attackers and a weak midfield, playing players out position, a gung-ho and naive 4 forwards at the end. It’s basic stuff. We’re playing dumb, not smart. 

No wonder the commentators say we lack belief. The players must be wondering what the hell is going on. 

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Norwich will win the league this year, and have players that are top flight quality. I can think of at least 5, possibly more. Farke is a very good manager. Disappointing performance but if we were offered 3 points from Preston and Norwich...

Onto the cup weekend. COYR.

Millwall away. Cup run over

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

We have conceded 26 goals from 24.

Hull had conceded 33 from 24 last season.

In January last season they sold Bowen and Grosicki, who between them were responsible via goals and assists for the vast majority of their goals.

So they had a worse defense than us, and got rid of 2 players who were directly responsible for 75%+ (no exaggeration) of their goals up to that point. 

Now I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you are being deliberately dishonest when you say you don't see the difference, because if you genuinely cannot then there is no point is wasting any more time in discussion with you.

Geeze you really need to learn social skills. Not sure who you think you are but all you do is come on here flaunting your ego and telling everyone how wrong they are and how right you are.

You need to relax mate because you are incredibly confrontational and its obviously causing you alot of stress.

28 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

mawson is the only real player we have back from injury,palmer and adelukun are only back because we had the under 23s making up the bench. we would have lost by a few more if pukki had been playing and we were at squad level 2-3 weeks  ago

Hang on, Pukki's replacement scored both the goals, so your argument doesn't really stack up.

6 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Would you not accept that our form since Barnsley has been that of a team closer to relegation than top 6. Another game with ZERO shots on goal and a 20+ goal a season man playing on the wing. We’ll stay up because of our start and because Wycombe means that realistically there are only 2 relegation places to play for. We are just not an enjoyable watch anymore, even for a die hard like me.

Yes, I accept we have been in bad form since the Barnsley game.

At no point have I suggested otherwise. 

We'll stay up because over 46 games we will have got more points than 3 other teams, be that Wycombe and 2 others or just 3 other teams.

Even in 2016-17 when we went 23 games in dire form we ended the season with close to top 6 form, and until November we were top 6.

The fact that in January that year we couldn't buy a win didn't mean we would stay in that form until the season ended.

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Geeze you really need to learn social skills. Not sure who you think you are but all you do is come on here flaunting your ego and telling everyone how wrong they are and how right you are.

You need to relax mate because you are incredibly confrontational and its obviously causing you alot of stress.

I'd be less confrontational if people weren't actively lying about things to start with.

I did give a far more polite to the person the first time I responded to them.

I even referred back to it the second time I responded to them. 

The fact they still ignored the pertinent points from it means I'm less inclined to respond politely the third time.

Archived