IGNORED

FBC Live PODCAST 8.30 PM - we discuss Norwich [A] plus the club's latest annual financial report released today

headhunter

https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=xyEO6c7gupo 

Join us live tonight when we hope to be discussing a decent performance against the league leaders.

The club's latest financials are out today as well covering the year to May 2020 - what do they tell us. Ian's already been crawling over the numbers!

Did Dean make any changes from Saturday, who starred and who perhaps didn't? 

[Me, I'd take a point  - it would be a statement of intent for our prospects for the 2nd half of the season; on the finances, I think there is more behind the apparent apathy on renewing contracts than we might realise]

Naive game management by Holden with that starting line up against the league leaders.

Total surrender of the midfield. The amount of space allowed to get 2nd ball in from right for the goal was criminal

Adelakun, Martin, Palmer off - Bakinson, Semenyo & Massengo on

Fam doing OK

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Naive game management by Holden with that starting line up against the league leaders.

Total surrender of the midfield. The amount of space allowed to get 2nd ball in from right for the goal was criminal

Adelakun, Martin, Palmer off - Bakinson, Semenyo & Massengo on

Fam doing OK

Why haven’t our coaching staff learnt from the last time we played them? They ran the game last time , too much space to pick a pass , we’ve stood off defended deep and let them play - lucky it’s only one 

10 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

*I'm not a Sir. 

I did enjoy it, listened to the comments on RB too. I didn't really understand the finances bit but I'm sure @Davefevs will do a ppt! 

Apologies Max and I'm with you on the finances. Its better deferring to experts. 

I'm going to be positive and predict a win this Saturday. For City. Followed by a 5th Round victory at Plymouth or Sheffield United which delivers our  first FA Cup Quarter Final appearance since March 1974.

Forty seven years ago, with a three-day week and power cuts aplenty.

Times were just as shit back then!

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It was hard to decipher tbh, it was more Ian's idea of what was happening regarding a franchise model…

Ah, I need to listen then.  Dave Headhunter briefly mentioned Ian’s idea a few days ago, but I need to hear it in full.

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Apologies Max and I'm with you on the finances. Its better deferring to experts. 

I'm going to be positive and predict a win this Saturday. For City. Followed by a 5th Round victory at Plymouth or Sheffield United which delivers our  first FA Cup Quarter Final appearance since March 1974.

I was a kid then! Powercuts were exciting, my mum getting the candles out ready…those were the days!

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It was hard to decipher tbh, it was more Ian's idea of what was happening regarding a franchise model…

When he floated the idea that Steve could be looking to sell the club, I was about to say, "And knowing our luck the buyer would relocate us to Milton Keynes!"

52 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Yeah, but at least we were young! As a 15 year old I was just about to travel up to see City beat Leeds in one of the club's greatest victories of all time.

52 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was a kid then! Powercuts were exciting, my mum getting the candles out ready…those were the days!

The power cuts were exciting looking back, really memorable - fantastic atmosphere in our house with all those candles. The football was exciting too, smashing Milllwall at the Gate on a Tuesday afternoon, plus the fantastic Cup run in front of a packed Ashton Gate and a fearsome Elland Road. Our City team was full of determined battling heroes (not just to us youngsters) Great days indeed.

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yeah, but at least we were young! As a 15 year old I was just about to travel up to see City beat Leeds in one of the club's greatest victories of all time.

The power cuts were exciting looking back, really memorable - fantastic atmosphere in our house with all those candles. The football was exciting too, smashing Milllwall at the Gate on a Tuesday afternoon, plus the fantastic Cup run in front of a packed Ashton Gate and a fearsome Elland Road. Our City team was full of determined battling heroes (not just to us youngsters) Great days indeed.

Let's hope we can recapture some of that magic this weekend, Noggers, because the following tie is winnable too. We may not be able to attend the ties, but we can still cheer on the team from afar.

Here's to a repeat of the sounds of the 70s!

Lets face it, us fans need a lift.

23 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Weren’t they ever Nogs

Endless board games by candlelight and a City side full of character , and characters

My Dad took me to both Leeds games - Priceless , absolutely priceless memories - sends a shiver down the spine 

Not sure the Fire Brigade would have agreed though - hate to think how many fires those candles caused !! 

6 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Let's hope we can recapture some of that magic this weekend, Noggers, because the following tie is winnable too. We may not be able to attend the ties, but we can still cheer on the team from afar.

Here's to a repeat of the sounds of the 70s!

Lets face it, us fans need a lift.

The FA cup is also important for us from a financial perspective, obviously there won’t be gate money there will be TV revenue. Regardless of how little in the current climate and our losses recorded any extra income how to be gratefully received 

2 hours ago, daored said:

The FA cup is also important for us from a financial perspective, obviously there won’t be gate money there will be TV revenue. Regardless of how little in the current climate and our losses recorded any extra income how to be gratefully received 

Couldn’t agree more.

3 hours ago, daored said:

The Emirates FA Cup
Season 2020-21
Payments made from The FA's prize fund

Extra preliminary round  (184) £1,125 Losers receive £375
Preliminary round (160) £1,444 Losers receive £481
First round qualifying (116) £2,250 Losers receive £750
Second Round Qualifying (80) £3,375 Losers receive £1,125
Third Round Qualifying (40) £5,625 Losers receive £1,875
Fourth Round Qualifying (32) £9,375 Losers receive £3,125
First Round Proper (40) £16,972 Losers receive £5,657
Second Round Proper (20) £25,500 Losers receive £8500
Third Round Proper winners (32) £61,500 Losers receive £20,500
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £180,000
Quarter-Final winners (4) £360,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-Final losers (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000

Amounts are per club in each round. Numbers in brackets represent the number of winning clubs per round

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

The Emirates FA Cup
Season 2020-21

Amounts are per club in each round. Numbers in brackets represent the number of winning clubs per round

Won’t make much of a dent in the deficit !!

The TV money is more lucrative but it’s really hand down the sofa time 

Winning it would be handy ???

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

The Emirates FA Cup
Season 2020-21

Beating Millwall would set us up for a nice little earner. Big game.

Good discussion as always guys, but my god its a hard listen.  Dave, for goodness sake please update your internet and headphones. You are constantly cutting out and lagging behind the conversation and as a consequence always talking over everyone. 

I know you don't like people complaining about the quality but you are the host after all, at least have some modern equipment. 

Apart from that its excellent ?

6 hours ago, Paul Cheesey said:

Good discussion as always guys, but my god its a hard listen.  Dave, for goodness sake please update your internet and headphones. You are constantly cutting out and lagging behind the conversation and as a consequence always talking over everyone. 

I know you don't like people complaining about the quality but you are the host after all, at least have some modern equipment. 

Apart from that its excellent ?

I think he needs to go into another room....must have thick walls in his office.....either that or internet doesn’t work through padded walls ???

When he did it from another room it was perfect.

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he needs to go into another room....must have thick walls in his office.....either that or internet doesn’t work through padded walls ???

When he did it from another room it was perfect.

I was going to ask how it was recorded? Is it over Skype? It is quite difficult to follow when people talk over the others, can you see each other?

58 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was going to ask how it was recorded? Is it over Skype? It is quite difficult to follow when people talk over the others, can you see each other?

No audio only.

At some point I think we will test a method where we can see each other and put our hands-up when we want to speak / interject.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

it's so much easier. Either Zoom, Skype or something 

Those are indeed easy to use, but I would imagine it’s the hosting live to listeners / watchers that introduces the complexity.  One for Dave @headhunter

OSIB don’t run live.  @petehinton, @Shtanley did you ever consider live broadcast.  I know we used Skype when I appeared.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Those are indeed easy to use, but I would imagine it’s the hosting live to listeners / watchers that introduces the complexity.  One for Dave @headhunter

OSIB don’t run live.  @petehinton, @Shtanley did you ever consider live broadcast.  I know we used Skype when I appeared.

people do live events over you tube 

Archived