IGNORED

Jasper thompson

Banjo Island

Been watching city  home and away for the best part of 30 years with Jasper and my brother Rich ,had some top away days with the pair of them .Just a shame that neither of them have been able to go to games for the last 6 or 7 years due their wives not letting them go , henpecked at their age quite embarrassing reallyl 

19 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

Been watching city  home and away for the best part of 30 years with Jasper and my brother Rich ,had some top away days with the pair of them .Just a shame that neither of them have been able to go to games for the last 6 or 7 years due their wives not letting them go , henpecked at their age quite embarrassing reallyl 

Hi Jim, your brother Rich is a top lad also. Marooned in LM nowadays, but hear he loves it. Saw him down there just before COVID. You are right about the wives!

23 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

Last time I can recall seeing Rich and Jasper at Ashton Gate they were walking out at half time! Sound judgment as it happens for that particular game Jim but from what I see Jasp seems keener on a different team in red and white these days!

Last time I saw Jasper down AG was the 4-0 defeat to Brentford a couple of months before we went into lockdown - not a great advertisement to return. I think he was off to the US soon after that regarding the homelessness project so he clearly has his hands full.

Good news that he is well again, but for those of you who follow HBH, Rob, who did a huge amount of work with Jasper on the project looking after the site and cooking food for residents and for outreach, passed away suddenly a couple of weeks ago just as Jasper recovered.

They are raising money for a container in his memory:

https://helpbristolshomeless.org/rob/

On 20/01/2021 at 20:14, GasDestroyer said:

Heard the worrying news a few days ago. Sure he will pull through. If you know his background, you will know he is made of tough stuff.

First got to know Jasper in the 80s and will never meet a nicer Red. Top lad who is loved by many old skool City. Had some real laughs on away days with Jasper.

His clothes shop on Park Street was a class act back in the day. Once of the best dressed City lads. 

Get well soon Jasper.

It wasn’t Woodies was it mate? Seem to recall that was on Park Street and used to spend my coin there, that and Westworld further down. 

12 hours ago, One Team said:

It wasn’t Woodies was it mate? Seem to recall that was on Park Street and used to spend my coin there, that and Westworld further down. 

No, it was BS1, a bit further down the hill near the Ram. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Oops. Sorry. It was called Wired, not BS1. I think 

Maybe my memory is playing tricks but wasn't it simply called Jaspers? I was too young for any of the gear but used to pop in to buy mixtapes from the downstairs bit, unless I'm going mad.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Maybe my memory is playing tricks but wasn't it simply called Jaspers? I was too young for any of the gear but used to pop in to buy mixtapes from the downstairs bit, unless I'm going mad.

Yes

3 hours ago, Olé said:

You may be right mate. Did Wired come later? 

38 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

There was a shop on park row, in the early 90s, didnt last long, they could get any shirt in europe.

Wasnt easy in those days, was a few doors down from the skating shop on park row.

Was that Rollermania? That was a great shop. Used to do a morning paper-round from the old paper shop on the corner, now a Lebanese Grill I think. 

10 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Was that Rollermania? That was a great shop. Used to do a morning paper-round from the old paper shop on the corner, now a Lebanese Grill I think. 

Look round Rollermania, pint in the White Hart, cheese and onion pasty from Mountstevens, up to Cabot Hill for a smoke. Happy days.

35 minutes ago, Wolf Island said:

Look round Rollermania, pint in the White Hart, cheese and onion pasty from Mountstevens, up to Cabot Hill for a smoke. Happy days.

Don;t forget popping into Revolver Records on the triangle for the latest edition of the Bountyhunter! Those were the days! 

Archived