IGNORED

Sack Him.

Lenners

7 minutes ago, Lenners said:

Overreacting?

If it was a one off I would, we did this against Millwall, Rotherham, Reading and several others. It’s not a one off.

The club perhaps start to take notice once we’re back in grounds and the STs are nowhere near the previous 15k we had.

Some people won’t just lap up any old shite and clap.

Good, piss off somewhere else then.

It honestly amazes me the amount of people that have been content with this sort of performance that we’ve seen so often over last two years.

Is football not supposed to be entertaining? Can anyone point to one moment in that game that was even remotely exciting from our side of it? 

We need a breath of fresh air.

Just now, KeepUpLino said:

Let’s be fair here we could probably Appoint one of the fans in a lottery style comp, we could use LJ’s tombola.. we wouldn't do any worse would we?!

I’m not saying Dean is the answer , I don’t think he is. The club has no income coming in, losses reported today and if people expect dean and numpty Simpson and numpty Dowling to be replaced it isn’t going to happen. To then say howe to come in is insane 

What’s now worrying is that DH has “options”. They’re limited in part, sure, but he’s starting from having a very good GK and a good CH pairing. Outside of that, it’s how he sets up.

Today, we used 15 players with a reasonable level of experience, and had a 16th (Taylor Moore) on the bench. Not going to push it and say Max was an option.

Totally acknowledge the injuries, without starting the reasons why up again.

So, if you say his “definites” are Kalas, Bents, Mawson, he could perm 8 from the remaining 13 in any kind of formation. And again, acknowledge it worked well Sat but Norwich, as the commentary were at pains to state, overload the midfield so a 4-4-2 with Palmer wide was always risky.

He set up wrong. And, unlike prior, he didn’t have to.

The thing with LJ is he overthought sometimes. The thing with DH is he doesn’t think. If it worked one day he thinks it works the next - so he didn’t change it today (See also shoehorning Antoine in after Hudds to the detriment of overall shape)

What never works is the 4 strikers - madness (again, overloaded midfield) where you end up with an Ardiles Spurs gulf in the centre of the pitch.

I’m not saying he should be sacked on today. But there is massive naievity, no real tactical awareness and generally our only game plan is to rope a dope and nick a goal. I think that’s why he’ll go - probably by season end. I just don’t see any signs of progression here and the negative setup is totally against our club principles.

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Again at what cost with no income coming in? 

With all due respect, it's not my job to find that person, that's down to MA and SL, with that being said, it's clear that we will never get someone with Houghton's class, however you can't tell me that there's no one outside England that would relish the opportunity to manage in the Championship that can inject some fresh ideas and play our players in their Best Positions and would be affordable. 

2 minutes ago, Lenners said:

It honestly amazes me the amount of people that have been content with this sort of performance that we’ve seen so often over last two years.

Is football not supposed to be entertaining? Can anyone point to one moment in that game that was even remotely exciting from our side of it? 

got to be honest i cant remember the last time i was entertained, I think it would have to go back to wba at home,i think I'm quite level headed but I'm wavering now

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What a bunch of self serving, over opiniated, undeserving ***** some of our "fans" are.

Sorry, keep reading that, none of it makes sense, and that's ignoring the word that we can all work out. What is it we don't deserve for a start?

Just now, City_USA said:

With all due respect, it's not my job to find that person, that's down to MA and SL, with that being said, it's clear that we will never get someone with Houghton's class, however you can't tell me that there's no one outside England that would relish the opportunity to manage in the Championship that can inject some fresh ideas and play our players in their Best Positions and would be affordable. 

Ok , no income coming in yet sack dean and his coaching staff and replace with X. Whose coveting this ?

People saw the accounts today, how many championship level managers are going to be keen to walk into a club where they get told you probably won't be allowed to make many transfers for a time while watching your assets leave the club? Reason as to why we ended up with Dean in the first place perhaps was willing to take on a task no better manager would.

31 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Stop overreacting, top of the league.

performance not good enough and yeah the standard needs to definitely improve. However, we all expected a loss tonight. Wait till injuries back aswell as hopefully a couple loan signings soon and we should be alright 

Sod the injuries, we could at least look like a football team, we had a squad there tonight to at least give a decent show. The tactics from DH was really poor.

• Admin
34 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Stop overreacting, top of the league.

performance not good enough and yeah the standard needs to definitely improve. However, we all expected a loss tonight. Wait till injuries back aswell as hopefully a couple loan signings soon and we should be alright 

How many seasons have we been saying something similar...

15 minutes ago, Lenners said:

Agree with some of that

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Im glad it struck a chord. Norwich are the best team in this current league by several miles. Your hissy fit is frankly pathetic.

Struck a chord? I’m trying to think of something that I’ve ever read before that was as unfunny as your comment, and I can’t. 

I bet you’re a right laugh at parties.

Archived