IGNORED

Sack Him.

Lenners

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

People saw the accounts today, how many championship level managers are going to be keen to walk into a club where they get told you probably won't be allowed to make many transfers for a time while watching your assets leave the club? Reason as to why we ended up with Dean in the first place perhaps was willing to take on a task no better manager would.

Being honest - you could be talking about any club in this division there, absent the just relegated, and particularly post COVID for a period.

So, on that basis I disagree - I do think people would come. If you assume Prem is a different level, there are only 24 jobs “championship” managers can take and 21 have the same issues. It’s oversimplification to say otherwise. (Example: even Hughton at Forest hasn’t spent). Choice between being unemployed or a top “30” job? You’re quickly a forgotten man. It’d be taken.

The broader question, again, is whether DH is getting enough out of the squad. And let’s not forget this summer he (or Ashton) signed Brunt, Martin, Williams, Mariappa, Sessegnon, Mawson which wouldn’t have been unreasonable outlay/support

36 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Stop overreacting, top of the league.

performance not good enough and yeah the standard needs to definitely improve. However, we all expected a loss tonight. Wait till injuries back aswell as hopefully a couple loan signings soon and we should be alright 

We'll be waiting till Christmas for the injuries to return

40 minutes ago, Lenners said:

No shots on goal, again. It’s pathetic.

Sack him.

Tonight.

Sack him and leave it up to Stevie, Marky and Jonnie to find someone to replace him............that's been working well.

When are people going to wake the **** up and realise where the true problems at this club lie?

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Sack him and leave it up to Stevie, Marky and Jonnie to find someone to replace him............that's been working well.

When are people going to wake the **** up and realise where the true problems at this club lie?

I’m aware, and Ashton probably needs to go, but Steve Lansdown won’t be going anywhere in the short term future.

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You’re right: the constant struggles to avoid relegation; the lack of a decent cup run.  Shocking really.

Tbh, I don't see the point in sacking Holden but lets face it the football is shite and has been for three years. You can't defend it and you can understand the frustration of many who are fed up of watching games where we don't have a shot in anger. You have to look at both sides of the argument.

What you have to do is look at the constants in all of this and I don't see Dean Holden as being the constant.

I expected us to lose again tonight, Norwich are different class to us and really show how far off the PL we are. Holden’s not the right man, he never was IMO. But our problems go deeper than him. If he were to go tonight, I’d feel for him and for us - as we’d almost certainly get someone even worse. 

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Being honest - you could be talking about any club in this division there, absent the just relegated, and particularly post COVID for a period.

So, on that basis I disagree - I do think people would come. If you assume Prem is a different level, there are only 24 jobs “championship” managers can take and 21 have the same issues. It’s oversimplification to say otherwise. (Example: even Hughton at Forest hasn’t spent). Choice between being unemployed or a top “30” job? You’re quickly a forgotten man. It’d be taken.

The broader question, again, is whether DH is getting enough out of the squad. And let’s not forget this summer he (or Ashton) signed Brunt, Martin, Williams, Mariappa, Sessegnon, Mawson which wouldn’t have been unreasonable outlay/support

Well the question is would anyone have come who would have us higher than 9th missing the players we have? No doubt things could be better this season, but they could also be a hell of a lot worse.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yep

The  decisions and appointments , and thus the progression or otherwise , starts at the top

Jon playing at running a football club whilst Ashton smooches his ownnego

8 minutes ago, Lenners said:

Struck a chord? I’m trying to think of something that I’ve ever read before that was as unfunny as your comment, and I can’t. 

I bet you’re a right laugh at parties.

Ok mate don’t cry about it. I’m just some random on the internet that thinks you are talking utter shit

BTW Parties are not allowed.

Definitely not the right man for the club, footballs been awful for 3 plus years and my response was, no season ticket, no merchandise and no money in the club. I don’t like the way it’s being ran then and now. We will be ok this season thanks to a good start but next season could well be a relegation scrap. All the millions pumped in to the club for players, training facilities and the result on the pitch are getting consistently worse.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Yep

The  decisions and appointments , and thus the progression or otherwise , starts at the top

Jon playing at running a football club whilst Ashton smooches his ownnego

Exactomondo. Every business that has serious issues always starts at the TOP to rectify the problem. Accepting that it's Steve Lansdown's club and that won't change the other two constants at the top are his boy and Mark Ashton. If Hargreaves Lansdown started losing money hand over fist I'm sure Peter Hargreaves wouldn't fire the Office Manager and expect an upturn in performance. It isn't just the football team, it's the recruitment, the fitness/conditioning/medical side and if we accept that Steve Lansdown takes a more hands off approach these days then they all come under the control of one person ultimately. However sacking Mark Ashton isn't the answer to all our problems. The Owner does need to have a re-think imo about the way the club (i.e. him really) does things in all aspects. There are times when we come across as incredibly amateur in our approach...and Dean Holden is left holding the baby and taking the flak.

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Out of interest what do you think the real problems are?

I for one am not sure. Is there too much interference from MA ? Do we not like it when a coach tries to operate differently to what the board / Lansdowns want?

7 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Ok mate don’t cry about it. I’m just some random on the internet that thinks you are talking utter shit

BTW Parties are not allowed.

Fair enough, I’m talking utter shit.

We haven’t had any of those games against Millwall, Norwich, Rotherham, Reading etc where we didn’t even manage to register 5 shots in over 90 minutes of football.

It was all in my imagination. 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Did you not know who City playing?   Ermmm.......look at the top of the Championship table...........:cool2:

Come on no robbo top of the league can get beat or tested too. I think taking Preston match out of the equation performances have been similar to tonight have they not? Goal threat? Drive? Errors? whatever else ? 

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Well the question is would anyone have come who would have us higher than 9th missing the players we have? No doubt things could be better this season, but they could also be a hell of a lot worse.

A couple of hypotheticals there.

- We don’t know who would come in

- We don’t know, if they had come in during the summer, who they’d have signed

On that basis the question is a bit of a falsehood. I’m happy to survive this season and write it off. It’s got to me a lot of echoes of the McInnes season where we started well and turned to garbage on performances before results. We’ve not played well for some time and nicked games. Unless DH shows some signs of tactical awareness and intent to win games by the end of the season, that 9th will swiftly become 10th, 12th, 20th.

Not going down due to what’s on the board. But I genuinely cannot see signs of DH being the right man long term

1 minute ago, Lenners said:

Fair enough, I’m talking utter shit.

We haven’t had any of those games against Millwall, Norwich, Rotherham, Reading etc where we didn’t even manage to register 5 shots in over 90 minutes of football.

It was all in my imagination. 

Ok. So on the day we announced a financial loss - who would you put in charge within our budget to improve things? How much would you offer Fam to sign his contract? What players would you sell to balance the books?

Your hissy fit response to a loss to a far superior team is embarrassing. Deep breath fella. 

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Ok. So on the day we announced a financial loss - who would you put in charge within our budget to improve things? How much would you offer Fam to sign his contract? What players would you sell to balance the books?

Your hissy fit response to a loss to a far superior team is embarrassing. Deep breath fella. 

Are you mental?

Every club in this league reports financial losses, have you never actually looked at a set of football accounts before? Owners don’t buy Championship clubs to turn a quick penny for **** sake.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Out of interest what do you think the real problems are?

I for one am not sure. Is there too much interference from MA ? Do we not like it when a coach tries to operate differently to what the board / Lansdowns want?

The problems to me are Management at the very top. What is the club identity? Is our recruitment consistent with a club identity? Does that identity go right through the club? Do we pass off serious issues that even the Manager has alluded recently to as just "plain old bad luck" without having a serious look into the issues and seeing if we can improve? Do we go for the best option available in every position off the pitch or do we stick to people we (i.e. Mark Ashton) know? Are we truthful as a club with supporters are are the club constantly feeding spin with the end game being the number of season tickets shifted? Do we have the balls, when things are going wrong, to explain our principles to the fans and stick to them or do we keep making minor adjustments until it all improves a little bit with the commulative effect of those changes leaving us in an unrecognisable position to where we were 18 months ago and then when things start going wrong again off we go again making more minor changes? Does our management stick it's head above the parapet and LEAD when things are going wrong or do they let the Manager take the flak, wait for an upturn in results and go all chirpy again.

If you can tell me where the LEADERSHIP is at the club I will reconsider all of the above. The underlying problems at the club really aren't Dean Holden's fault at all in my opinion.

Archived