IGNORED

Sack Him.

Lenners

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Out of interest what do you think the real problems are?

I for one am not sure. Is there too much interference from MA ? Do we not like it when a coach tries to operate differently to what the board / Lansdowns want?

The problems to me are Management at the very top. What is the club identity? Is our recruitment consistent with a club identity? Does that identity go right through the club? Do we pass off serious issues that even the Manager has alluded recently to as just "plain old bad luck" without having a serious look into the issues and seeing if we can improve? Do we go for the best option available in every position off the pitch or do we stick to people we (i.e. Mark Ashton) know? Are we truthful as a club with supporters are are the club constantly feeding spin with the end game being the number of season tickets shifted? Do we have the balls, when things are going wrong, to explain our principles to the fans and stick to them or do we keep making minor adjustments until it all improves a little bit with the commulative effect of those changes leaving us in an unrecognisable position to where we were 18 months ago and then when things start going wrong again off we go again making more minor changes? Does our management stick it's head above the parapet and LEAD when things are going wrong or do they let the Manager take the flak, wait for an upturn in results and go all chirpy again.

If you can tell me where the LEADERSHIP is at the club I will reconsider all of the above. The underlying problems at the club really aren't Dean Holden's fault at all in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactomondo. Every business that has serious issues always starts at the TOP to rectify the problem. Accepting that it's Steve Lansdown's club and that won't change the other two constants at the top are his boy and Mark Ashton. If Hargreaves Lansdown started losing money hand over fist I'm sure Peter Hargreaves wouldn't fire the Office Manager and expect an upturn in performance. It isn't just the football team, it's the recruitment, the fitness/conditioning/medical side and if we accept that Steve Lansdown takes a more hands off approach these days then they all come under the control of one person ultimately. However sacking Mark Ashton isn't the answer to all our problems. The Owner does need to have a re-think imo about the way the club (i.e. him really) does things in all aspects. There are times when we come across as incredibly amateur in our approach...and Dean Holden is left holding the baby and taking the flak.

A good start would be seeing some evidence that we want to play a certain way, and that we have a plan to recruit players that will fit that way of playing. 

3 minutes ago, sludge said:

A good start would be seeing some evidence that we want to play a certain way, and that we have a plan to recruit players that will fit that way of playing. 

It's been said loads of times. Do we just buy players we think are good and shoehorn them into our systems or do we identify good players that we know will fit our systems before they even step foot inside Ashton Gate. There is plenty of evidence to suggest it's the former.

50 minutes ago, City_USA said:

With all due respect, it's not my job to find that person, that's down to MA and SL, with that being said, it's clear that we will never get someone with Houghton's class, however you can't tell me that there's no one outside England that would relish the opportunity to manage in the Championship that can inject some fresh ideas and play our players in their Best Positions and would be affordable. 

It’s Hughton ffs !!!!! How many times must you spell his name wrong ?! Perhaps that’s why he didn’t sign !! 

A disappointing performance tonight for sure. In truth we were never really in the game. The question then bounces....who is to blame. It's hardly the first time this season we've been utterly outplayed, but in DH's defence, injuries have played a cruel hand. Sack him? God no. He's only been in the job 10 minutes and we aren't going anywhere drastic this season. If (with a fit squad) it's still all falling apart at the seams, then maybe I'll change my tune but right now its time to back him not sack him

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The problems to me are Management at the very top. What is the club identity? Is our recruitment consistent with a club identity? Does that identity go right through the club? Do we pass off serious issues that even the Manager has alluded recently to as just "plain old bad luck" without having a serious look into the issues and seeing if we can improve? Do we go for the best option available in every position off the pitch or do we stick to people we (i.e. Mark Ashton) know? Are we truthful as a club with supporters are are the club constantly feeding spin with the end game being the number of season tickets shifted? Do we have the balls, when things are going wrong, to explain our principles to the fans and stick to them or do we keep making minor adjustments until it all improves a little bit with the commulative effect of those changes leaving us in an unrecognisable position to where we were 18 months ago and then when things start going wrong again off we go again making more minor changes? Does our management stick it's head above the parapet and LEAD when things are going wrong or do they let the Manager take the flak, wait for an upturn in results and go all chirpy again.

If you can tell me where the LEADERSHIP is at the club I will reconsider all of the above. The underlying problems at the club really aren't Dean Holden's fault at all in my opinion.

Think the injury crisis is baffling everyone and yes there has been no official communication to address our concerns. I think our recruitment policy pays off but not as well as say Brentford. Our identity on the field is well boring at times and this season shocking yet we sit in a decent enough position considering. Leadership is well......dunno. Didnt SL used to have these fans forums and nail out what's going on? Maybe rugby is now SLs number one passion and he has left the football in the hands of his son and MA.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

The injuries we have are ridiculous. Holden did get it wrong tonight, but I can't see how we can do much better than where we are in the league with the talent we are missing. 

In hindsight I think starting Palmer and Adelakun was just wrong........and Chris Martin stayed on the pitch about 97 minutes too long.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The injuries we have are ridiculous. Holden did get it wrong tonight, but I can't see how we can do much better than where we are in the league with the talent we are missing. 

Thing is managers can get it wrong but the players can still come through for them. I think some of them just couldn't be ******.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Thing is managers can get it wrong but the players can still come through for them. I think some of them just couldn't be ******.

The players do give 100%, no doubt about that, otherwise we wouldn't grind out the results we do get. We've won 11 times this season and lets face it we aren't a great side so the spirit is clearly there. The players just aren't as good as many make them out to be. Could they be doing better? Of course but lack of effort is not the reason imo.

13 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

It’s Hughton ffs !!!!! How many times must you spell his name wrong ?! Perhaps that’s why he didn’t sign !! 

Sorry teacher. How many lines must I write for you? BTW. Isn't one exclamation point the required punctuation? :laugh:

We played well at the weekend, so it was reasonable to keep an unchanged team.  At half time we were only one goal down to the best side in the division.  We then came out and played well for 15-20minutes without creating any clear chances, but we were knocked back by their slightly lucky second goal and didn’t have sufficient strength on the bench to turn it around.  Move on.

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We played well at the weekend, so it was reasonable to keep an unchanged team.  At half time we were only one goal down to the best side in the division.  We then came out and played well for 15-20minutes without creating any clear chances, but we were knocked back by their slightly lucky second goal and didn’t have sufficient strength on the bench to turn it around.  Move on.

Wow

Forget the Rose - we are going full on red red red specs

Being what you see as a ‘loyal supporter’ and selling your version may be admirable in your own book

But it sums us up as a Club and our performance tonight 

Did you used to write Johnson’s post match bluff ?

Its the players fault, its the managers fault, its MA`s fault, its the injury`s (Despite most of the injured players getting regularly slated on here) this club is controlled by one man who is responsible for its direction and its employees and therefore its losses or gains.

Until its decided to change the plan and/or its direction we will continue on the roundabout, bricks and mortar are a safe plan, football clubs are not if you have little to no exp in them, best to keep them risk free and nice and safe.........thats us.....for a while yet.

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I thought it was suicidal to play BOTH Palmer and Adelakun tbh and hindsight proved it. Norwich aren't Preston, the difference in quality is chalk and cheese. You can't play for 30 minute periods without the ball and succeed in this league against decent sides. You've got to be honest with yourself and look beyond the score at half time.....we should have been 4-0 down but for a great display by our keeper. We made the game too easy for the best side in the division, we could have competed better even if the result was the same.

I'm not advocating sacking Holden, my views on that are consistent BUT you do have to analyse what you are watching fairly and tonight was a poor performance even if 0-2 suggests a bog standard defeat to a better side than us.

1 hour ago, KeepUpLino said:

I disagree, they’re just sick of the garbage this club serves up year on year!! I actually feel for the fans who actually think this shits ok... I’m mean ******* hell!!! 

The accounts thread puts our position into sharp relief.

Tbh, we're a midtableish side and club.

Wage bill is midtable, amortisation maybe was, gates when fans were allowed were in and around midtable.

Plenty in and around this club just smacks of...in and around midtable.

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The players do give 100%, no doubt about that, otherwise we wouldn't grind out the results we do get. We've won 11 times this season and lets face it we aren't a great side so the spirit is clearly there. The players just aren't as good as many make them out to be. Could they be doing better? Of course but lack of effort is not the reason imo.

Yeah i agree I think we over hype some of our players but maybe thats our fault. We have at points over the last 3 season where we have been flirting or in the playoffs. Not sure I agree with effort being 100% but then again being played out of positions and disjointed set ups might be why they aren't quite motivated enough. I feel route cause is the injury crisis I really do. Some very important performers out some short term some long term has just made us less cohesive. Young players being thrown in and some players being burned out not surprising however as many keep pointing out some matches we can barely manage a shot on goal, string a few passes together winning individual battles etc. There must be questions being asked by shareholders about the conditioning of players, it would just be nice to be informed. It will come out eventually it always does. 

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I can't stand Colin, but I would take him at the moment to have a team set up correct with a bit of fight and a little entertainment.

Never thought I would sink so low 

Yes, I'd take a little entertainment right now. It's hard to find when our most exciting player is our keeper.............. and he's likely to be sold. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The accounts thread puts our position into sharp relief.

Tbh, we're a midtableish side and club.

Wage bill is midtable, amortisation maybe was, gates when fans were allowed were in and around midtable.

Plenty in and around this club just smacks of...in and around midtable.

I’d rather the Cotts era any day of the ******* week... what a season that was ❤️

26 minutes ago, leader said:

By the way what are the other two bringing to the table ???

They were brought in to give DH advice and help develop the younger players.

We don't know what advice they've given DH or whether DH takes that on board.

Improvements to players - Vyners done well this year, Bakinsons emergence, Semenyo has become a 1st team player. Haven't seen much of the kids on the bench to see if they are any good yet.

So in terms of that, probably more positive than negative.

23 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wow

Forget the Rose - we are going full on red red red specs

Being what you see as a ‘loyal supporter’ and selling your version may be admirable in your own book

But it sums us up as a Club and our performance tonight 

Did you used to write Johnson’s post match bluff ?

Congratulations.  Hope that made you feel better.

Archived