IGNORED

Sack Him.

Lenners

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The accounts thread puts our position into sharp relief.

Tbh, we're a midtableish side and club.

Wage bill is midtable, amortisation maybe was, gates when fans were allowed were in and around midtable.

Plenty in and around this club just smacks of...in and around midtable.

That's fine if the message from the club isn't one of ambition, "top six" entertaining football.

I wish they'd just say that they are fine with mid to lower table and these kind of performances might be more palatable.

1 hour ago, Waffleflap said:

I'm just glad I hung up my season ticket 4 years ago. Its been shit bar the odd game, for far too long. I get the injuries but I think our style of play overall is awful at times.

Absolutely agree to this it's dire to watch and if we do play football it's lasts 15 to 20 mins a game.

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

That's fine if the message from the club isn't one of ambition, "top six" entertaining football.

I wish they'd just say that they are fine with mid to lower table and these kind of performances might be more palatable.

This this and this again. They just play us for absolute fools. 

1 hour ago, Lenners said:

Fair enough, I’m talking utter shit.

We haven’t had any of those games against Millwall, Norwich, Rotherham, Reading etc where we didn’t even manage to register 5 shots in over 90 minutes of football.

It was all in my imagination. 

I've been told loperamide works well for that sort of think but don't take it for too long as you'll no doubt have another explosive outburst.

What is funny is that with all this negativity here, and rightly so, you can just guess that inside the club things are rosy. Dean has us within a couple games of playoffs with plenty to play for. This is what happens when non football people run the club. The table says we have a chance. The overall performances over the year say we will fall away once again. As long as the Lansdowns can look at that table and see us 6-8 points off 6th place they will be happy. Been 3 years of playoff expectations from the owner himself but yet this is what we get season after season. 

Don't think he'll be going anywhere before the end of the season and, assuming we're safe, it makes no sense financially to get rid.

I've always said that I thought holden was a temporary appointment whilst we wait for the covid dust to settle. 

I've never been concerned about this approach, but I am very concerned about whether the powers-that-be are capable of knowing what to do next...

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Even if in and around midtable tbh, there can still be an entertaining style.

I don't know, I'm conflicted on a variety of issues- I accept financial implications due to Covid, accounts and being in and around midtable  this season- I also believe our style of play and perhaps our position would improve with much less injuries.

7 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Don't think he'll be going anywhere before the end of the season and, assuming we're safe, it makes no sense financially to get rid.

I've always said that I thought holden was a temporary appointment whilst we wait for the covid dust to settle. 

I've never been concerned about this approach, but I am very concerned about whether the powers-that-be are capable of knowing what to do next...

I keep reading about a temporary appointment, I can't believe this would be true, would they really do that and appoint 2 new coaches and talking of new coaches if Holden was sacked now it would be that pair that would take over without a shadow of doubt. ?‍♂️

41 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I keep reading about a temporary appointment, I can't believe this would be true, would they really do that and appoint 2 new coaches and talking of new coaches if Holden was sacked now it would be that pair that would take over without a shadow of doubt. ?‍♂️

My thoughts are more out of hope than anything else! And thinking that the club might (should) be doing as most other businesses are, keeping things tight during covid and using the time to prepare for leaner times ahead

Out of interest, do you know what contracts the 2 coaches are on? Is it 1 year rolling like holden?

9 hours ago, lenred said:

This this and this again. They just play us for absolute fools. 

You don’t have to believe it. If Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton say anything about the clubs ambitions I simply refuse to believe a word of it. Makes losing games a hell of a lot easier when you use your own judgement to determine we aren’t a top 6 side.

It’s a weak argument to say “I’m angry cos Stevie Boy promised me top 6” when the clear evidence is we are nowhere near it......a really weak argument. If you angry because Steve and Mark are a pair of bullshitters that’s an entirely different thing.

30 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You don’t have to believe it. If Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton say anything about the clubs ambitions I simply refuse to believe a word of it. Makes losing games a hell of a lot easier when you use your own judgement to determine we aren’t a top 6 side.

It’s a weak argument to say “I’m angry cos Stevie Boy promised me top 6” when the clear evidence is we are nowhere near it......a really weak argument. If you angry because Steve and Mark are a pair of bullshitters that’s an entirely different thing.

‘Play us for fools’ is a polite way of saying the same thing is it not? 

How is this Holdens fault?

He was set up to fail by an egotistical rich man who just needs to bide his time until the whole shebang is sold.

Where else would Holden get this chance.

Its a once in a lifetime job which he took, fully knowing he was totally incapable of doing it, but that the head-honcho could not care less.

Holdens only remit was to not get relegated.

If that was a real chance - he'd be gone.

It isn't so he stays until uncle Steve sells up and moves to be the 994th richest person on the planet.

The issue is with Lansdown, not Holden.

He took the money to have a good life after football. We would all do the same.

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

‘Play us for fools’ is a polite way of saying the same thing is it not? 

As long as you don’t believe the complete and utter crap that comes out of them (remember Stevie’s radio outburst of “breath of fresh air”?), even more so around season ticket sales time, it makes it a lot easier to deal with.

It’s just as annoying for those of us not seeing league position as the be all and end all and just wanting to enjoy a bit of relegation safe, entertaining football as the club can’t even provide us with entertainment on anything like a regular basis. First twenty minutes last Saturday really was a “breath of fresh air” but it was also an outlier.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

As long as you don’t believe the complete and utter crap that comes out of them (remember Stevie’s radio outburst of “breath of fresh air”?), even more so around season ticket sales time, it makes it a lot easier to deal with.

It’s just as annoying for those of us not seeing league position as the be all and end all and just wanting to enjoy a bit of relegation safe, entertaining football as the club can’t even provide us with entertainment on anything like a regular basis. First twenty minutes last Saturday really was a “breath of fresh air” but it was also an outlier.

Not sure where you’ve got the impression that the top 6 is a be all and end all to me, but I can assure you it’s not. I’m just pretty bored of the terrible football thats been on show, and as I said the way that we are treated as fans in a myriad of ways over the last few years.  

2 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Oh good grief. 

We lost, it happens. 

See my previous missive regards fans, expectations, sheer lunacy and conspiracy. 

Other fans of other teams, think that we're absolutely 'batshit' as a fanbase because of the way we act online and turn on anyone from the players upwards following each and every loss. They think it is toxic too and I've asked a fair few fans about it. 

Kneejerk overload, again, sigh 

Thats bullshit. Look at every clubs forum and it's the same. Go and have a look at Cardiffs for instance. I looked at Swanseas forum mid season last year and it looked like this right now.

I'd imagine you were one of the people that said our home form was so shit because the poor poor players were getting nasty words shouted at them from the scary fans? 

Thank good for Covid and empty stadium's eh? Improvement is clear for all to see ?

10 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Thats bullshit. Look at every clubs forum and it's the same. Go and have a look at Cardiffs for instance. I looked at Swanseas forum mid season last year and it looked like this right now.

I'd imagine you were one of the people that said our home form was so shit because the poor poor players were getting nasty words shouted at them from the scary fans? 

Thank good for Covid and empty stadium's eh? Improvement is clear for all to see ?

Good point Grim.........that particular myth has well and truly been put to bed. The fact we are all soiling ourselves over THIRTY FIVE MINUTES of decent football at the front and back end of last weekend's game says it all. The first 35 minutes of decent football we've played in how long?

10 hours ago, Sturny said:

I don't think DH deserves the sack just yet.

Even if they sack DH right now, do you really have faith they'll find the correct replacement? I don't, what other yes men options do they have? 

Yeah they undoubtedly have a list of likely replacements in mind and i have zero confidence in any of them being the right choices.. depressing.

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

It's not bullshit though if other fans have given their opinions. It's their views on us. Ive linked a few things to supporters of other teams and they think we're utterly deluded, time and time again. 

Full of rumour, hearsay, half truths and gossip, in the main its the forum equivalent of CT central, spurred on by lockdown boredom and half truths and mythologies that have built up over the years seems to be the main response

No idea what you're going on about fans shouting, but it does confirm my above point.

'Sack them, do this, MA is awful, Lansdown nepotism. Sack DH, Everyone isnt good enough. Everything was better in my day. We're going to be relegated. This is Millen andMcinnes all over again' 

are just some of the themes after one defeat. 

There's no discourse, just moaning shouting or this horrendous negative spiralling in effect time and time again. 

An anthropologist would have a field day here looking at somethings posted after a defeat, ditto the continued depressive nature of the board in the main. 

It's not about being happy clappy, but, seeing that used repeatedly as an almost slur on here and that being okay or alright about stuff is seen in a negative light is really disconcerting. 

It leads to a if you dont think we're crap you must be deficient mentality which encompasses literally all of the above and is a depressive trait. 

The board is depressed as in actually depressed in the main and is worth looking at on a larger scale. 

Do you actually read any of the , often longer intelligent and informative posts on here on a variety of aspects

(I’ll give @Davefevs, @Mr Popodopolous and a couple of others posts regarding finances as an example  - I’ve been around football for 50 years at various levels , and ok with figures - but their understanding which they then take time to post about to the education of me and many others, is at another level for me and most helpful , educational and informative)

There are others on here , for example , who have been involved , or have knowledge of recruitment at City or other professional Clubs

and overall there are some / quite a few excellent , intelligent , informed and astute posters on a whole host of directly related subjects IMHO

Can you not see the alarm bells or where we are consistently hitting buffers and stalling 

I don’t see you respond or debate with any of these posts , merely getting on your box over any questions or criticism of the club or those persons involved 

25 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Do you actually read any of the , often longer intelligent and informative posts on here on a variety of aspects

(I’ll give @Davefevs, @Mr Popodopolous and a couple of others posts regarding finances as an example  - I’ve been around football for 50 years at various levels , and ok with figures - but their understanding which they then take time to post about to the education of me and many others, is at another level for me and most helpful , educational and informative)

There are others on here , for example , who have been involved , or have knowledge of recruitment at City or other professional Clubs

and overall there are some / quite a few excellent , intelligent , informed and astute posters on a whole host of directly related subjects IMHO

Can you not see the alarm bells or where we are consistently hitting buffers and stalling 

I don’t see you respond or debate with any of these posts , merely getting on your box over any questions or criticism of the club or those persons involved 

I agree that some of the more interesting and better informed writing on City in the recent past has been posted on this forum...

...with lots of not so interesting and poorly informed stuff alongside it - of course. It's a football forum, people sound off.

I feel sorry for Dean Holden. Looks out of his depth. The club's stated aim is a top 6 finish and promotion in the not too distant future. Not a job I'd give to someone with zero track record of achieving such goals at any level in football management. I posted the same thoughts when Millen got the job...seems to me like groundhog day.

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I agree that some of the more interesting and better informed writing on City in the recent past has been posted on this forum...

...with lots of not so interesting and poorly informed stuff alongside it - of course. It's a football forum, people sound off.

I feel sorry for Dean Holden. Looks out of his depth. The club's stated aim is a top 6 finish and promotion in the not too distant future. Not a job I'd give to someone with zero track record of achieving such goals at any level in football management. I posted the same thoughts when Millen got the job...seems to me like groundhog day.

Yes , people also use it as a escape of their frustration but there really are some interesting , often sobering posts on here with a wide array of knowledge and understanding

There are a number of what I would say are reasonable, balanced , intelligent posters on here (Not knee jerk but analytical and measured) who , when they start to voice strong ‘concerns’ gives me a bit of an alarm bell ring

Dean Holden needed the very best support around him , in all aspects to succeed 

I don’t think he has that and has also inherited somewhat of a mess of a squad and situation - a big ask

Hes showing (IMHO) some flaws and cracks are showing , but he may learn quickly , but he’s got a big task on his hands to stabilise and then improve us 

38 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

When was the last time you felt good about coming on here, not expecting the worst or reading something else likely to cause a sigh or indignation, when was the last time you came off  here not feeling dread, anxiety and negativity. 

How melodramatic is that ffs? Its just an internet forum. 

There are many people who post bipolar comments - demanding sackings when we lose, and claiming Liam Walsh is Lionel Messi but the majority are fairly pragmatic - but they are not the loudest. Just avoid the forum for 24 hrs after we lose is my advice

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes , people also use it as a escape of their frustration but there really are some interesting , often sobering posts on here with a wide array of knowledge and understanding

There are a number of what I would say are reasonable, balanced , intelligent posters on here (Not knee jerk but analytical and measured) who , when they start to voice strong ‘concerns’ gives me a bit of an alarm bell ring

Dean Holden needed the very best support around him , in all aspects to succeed 

I don’t think he has that and has also inherited somewhat of a mess of a squad and situation - a big ask

Hes showing (IMHO) some flaws and cracks are showing , but he may learn quickly , but he’s got a big task on his hands to stabilise and then improve us 

My observation would be that Lansdown repeatedly relies on 'he may learn quickly'. (see Tinnion, Millen, arguably LJ if what was expected was a top 6 finish and promotion).

At any point in time there is an army of experienced football mangers out of work who don't need to learn on the job but have already proved themselves capable, or incapable. What should have happened is that the task ahead of the club in the coming seasons was identified and a manager recruited with a proven track record of delivery. Would have guaranteed nothing but would be better than hoping that one of the unproven might turn out alright...again!

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

My observation would be that Lansdown repeatedly relies on 'he may learn quickly'. (see Tinnion, Millen, arguably LJ if what was expected was a top 6 finish and promotion).

At any point in time there is an army of experienced football mangers out of work who don't need to learn on the job but have already proved themselves capable, or incapable. What should have happened is that the task ahead of the club in the coming seasons was identified and a manager recruited with a proven track record of delivery. Would have guaranteed nothing but would be better than hoping that one of the unproven might turn out alright...again!

I completely agree, unfortunately with the current climate it’s a shame it isn’t that easy.

I do genuinely believe that DH is just a stop gap between us recruiting a proven manager once everything that’s happening in the world becomes a lot clearer. I keep telling myself that Eddie Howe told us he wants a year off and we’ve filled the gap until then ??

Archived