IGNORED

Sack Him.

Lenners

32 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I completely agree, unfortunately with the current climate it’s a shame it isn’t that easy.

I do genuinely believe that DH is just a stop gap between us recruiting a proven manager once everything that’s happening in the world becomes a lot clearer. I keep telling myself that Eddie Howe told us he wants a year off and we’ve filled the gap until then ??

A comforting thought!

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Do you actually read any of the , often longer intelligent and informative posts on here on a variety of aspects

(I’ll give @Davefevs, @Mr Popodopolous and a couple of others posts regarding finances as an example  - I’ve been around football for 50 years at various levels , and ok with figures - but their understanding which they then take time to post about to the education of me and many others, is at another level for me and most helpful , educational and informative)

There are others on here , for example , who have been involved , or have knowledge of recruitment at City or other professional Clubs

and overall there are some / quite a few excellent , intelligent , informed and astute posters on a whole host of directly related subjects IMHO

Can you not see the alarm bells or where we are consistently hitting buffers and stalling 

I don’t see you respond or debate with any of these posts , merely getting on your box over any questions or criticism of the club or those persons involved 

I think most of the posters are positive and well educated, well probably except for me when I have had a few. You missed one important point though and that is we are CITY SUPPORTERS and we have a right to express comments if they are correct or not and with out OTIB and some of us getting on our soap box in these troubled times what are we supposed too do.

There have been 2 notable periods of success under the owner. Garry J and Steve C. How would you describe both people and their teams ? Both big on man management and people skills, both created teams filled with hungry players with something to prove. Warnock, not our favourite person, but manages to work with the man management side to get results, and often very fast. ( half decent turnaround of Boro this season too)

Learn from the good examples not the bad. 

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

How melodramatic is that ffs? Its just an internet forum. 

There are many people who post bipolar comments - demanding sackings when we lose, and claiming Liam Walsh is Lionel Messi but the majority are fairly pragmatic - but they are not the loudest. Just avoid the forum for 24 hrs after we lose is my advice

But what will I do with my time  for the next three weeks :laugh:.

2 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

There have been 2 notable periods of success under the owner. Garry J and Steve C. How would you describe both people and their teams ? Both big on man management and people skills, both created teams filled with hungry players with something to prove. Warnock, not our favourite person, but manages to work with the man management side to get results, and often very fast. ( half decent turnaround of Boro this season too)

Learn from the good examples not the bad. 

Lots of players who play for Colin say he's the best man manager they've ever played for but not necessarily so hot on the tactics side of things.

Lest the OP forget Dean's having to work with the mountain of dross WeeLee left trailing in his wake.

If you're obliged to play the likes of Semenyo it's clear shots on target (or any or productive end product) will be as rare as rocking-horse.

He should at least be allowed to show his hand at season end showing who he would like to offload & we'll judge him on his intention then.

6 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Dean Holden needed the very best support around him , in all aspects to succeed 

I don’t think he has that and has also inherited somewhat of a mess of a squad and situation - a big ask

Dean Holden is a prime example of someone being promoted to one level above his ability (the Peter principle that people in large organisations are promoted to their level of incompetence). It's a great pity, as he seems like a decent bloke who's been thrown under the bus. Of course Coronavirus and a long injury list could prove to be his salvation.

Oh and Dean, standing with your hands in your pockets all the time, does not make you look "cool"  and in control, but rather accentuates the appearance of a rabbit caught in the headlights.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

But he is a winner

He is. His man management gets the best out of players and he only asks them to do what they are capable of. Players who feel that they can perform at the top of their game with no complications. He is the Manager that proves you can adopt relatively simple tactics and get results.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He is. His man management gets the best out of players and he only asks them to do what they are capable of. Players who feel that they can perform at the top of their game with no complications. He is the Manager that proves you can adopt relatively simple tactics and get results.

Would love him here

As many podcasts have stated, this season is more of a free hit for DH. Seems like we can tell he’s learning his trade.
Injuries have buggered everything up this season.

DH Plan B is Chuck 4 strikers on and hope for the best. Does make me question what the 2 experienced assistants are here for?  

Will be 10th-12th come the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Magicseason said:

Get rid of all the backroom staff, extra coaches and the rest of the circus

Brilliant your answer to fund it is to get rid of everybody else and incur costs in doing so - to then replace with a new coach and new coaching staff with no ******* income ?

Just now, Magicseason said:

And the alternative? Many more years of mediocre football

What bit don’t you understand?  The club has no income, has made a loss of £10 million will undoubtedly made a bigger loss next year and you want to sack everybody and bring in a new manager who will cost more and want his own back room team ? 

Whilst reading the Cardiff sacking Harris thread, I was interested in the betting and came across this list of managers, which i could have posted on that thread but thought it was also interesting to this one, particularly when some have asked who would you replace him with, I was surprised at the list and some of the names on there. 

Mick McCarthy
Previous Team: APOEL Left: 6 Jan 2021
Paul Cook
Previous Team: Wigan Athletic Left: 1 Aug 2020
Craig Bellamy
Previous Team: None  
Mark Bowen
Previous Team: Reading Left: 29 Aug 2020
Mark Hughes
Previous Team: Southampton Left: 3 Dec 2018
Tony Pulis
Previous Team: Sheffield Wednesday Left: 28 Dec 2020
Eddie Howe
Previous Team: Bournemouth Left: 1 Aug 2020
Danny Cowley
Previous Team: Huddersfield Town Left: 19 Jul 2020
Michael Flynn
Current Team: Newport County Time With Team: 3 years 8 mths 12 days
Mark Hudson
Previous Team: Huddersfield Town Left: 9 Sep 2019
Nigel Pearson
Previous Team: Watford Left: 19 Jul 2020
David Wagner
Previous Team: Schalke 04 Left: 27 Sep 2020
Nathan Jones
Current Team: Luton Town Time With Team: 7 mths 24 days
Joey Barton
Previous Team: Fleetwood Town Left: 4 Jan 2021
Darren Moore
Current Team: Doncaster Rovers Time With Team: 1 year 6 mths 11 days
John Terry
Chris Coleman
Previous Team: Hebei China Fortune Left: 15 May 2019
Ryan Lowe
Current Team: Plymouth Argyle Time With Team: 1 year 7 mths 16 days
Lee Bowyer
Current Team: Charlton Athletic Time With Team: 2 years 9 mths 30 days
Roy Keane
Previous Team: Ipswich Town Left: 7 Jan 2011
Derek Adams
Current Team: Morecambe Time With Team: 1 year 2 mths 14 days
Nigel Adkins
Previous Team: Hull City Left: 8 Jun 2019
Gareth Ainsworth
Current Team: Wycombe Wanderers Time With Team: 8 years 3 mths 27 days
Michael Appleton
Current Team: Lincoln City Time With Team: 1 year 4 mths 1 day
James Beattie
Previous Team: Accrington Stanley Left: 12 Sep 2014
Slaven Bilic
Current Team: Beijing Guoan Time With Team: 15 days
Tim Cahill
Sol Campbell
Previous Team: Southend United Left: 30 Jun 2020
Michael Carrick
Paul Clement
Previous Team: Reading Left: 6 Dec 2018
Josep Clotet Ruiz
Previous Team: Birmingham City Left: 8 Jul 2020
Robbie Fowler
Current Team: East Bengal Time With Team: 3 mths 12 days
Simon Grayson
Previous Team: Blackpool Left: 12 Feb 2020
Paul Heckingbottom
Previous Team: Hibernian Left: 4 Nov 2019
Ian Holloway
Previous Team: Grimsby Town Left: 23 Dec 2020
Vladimir Ivic
Previous Team: Watford Left: 19 Dec 2020
Slavisa Jokanovic
Current Team: Al Gharafa Time With Team: 1 year 7 mths 4 days
Henrik Larsson
Previous Team: Helsingborg Left: 23 Aug 2019
Grant McCann
Current Team: Hull City Time With Team: 1 year 7 mths
Martin O'Neill
Previous Team: Nottingham Forest Left: 28 Jun 2019
Phil Parkinson
Previous Team: Sunderland Left: 29 Nov 2020
Chris Powell
Previous Team: Southend United Left: 26 Mar 2019
Gus Poyet
Previous Team: Bordeaux Left: 17 Aug 2018
Karl Robinson
Current Team: Oxford United Time With Team: 2 years 9 mths 30 days
Stephen Robinson
Previous Team: Motherwell Left: 31 Dec 2020
Liam Rosenior
Current Team: Derby County Time With Team: 2 mths 7 days
Gary Rowett
Current Team: Millwall Time With Team: 1 year 3 mths
Marco Silva
Previous Team: Everton Left: 5 Dec 2019
Paul Warne
Current Team: Rotherham United Time With Team: 4 years 1 mth 23 days
Jonathan Woodgate
Previous Team: Middlesbrough Left: 23 Jun 2020
Michael Duff
Current Team: Cheltenham Town Time With Team: 2 years 4 mths 11 days
Paul Ince
Previous Team: Blackpool Left: 21 Jan 2014
Paolo Di Canio
Previous Team: Sunderland Left: 23 Sep 2013
Paco Jemez
Previous Team: Rayo Vallecano Left: 31 Jul 2020
Tim Sherwood
Previous Team: Aston Villa Left: 25 Oct 2015
Patrick Vieira
Previous Team: Nice Left: 4 Dec 2020
Steve McClaren
Previous Team: Queens Park Rangers Left: 1 Apr 2019
Alan Pardew
Previous Team: ADO Den Haag Left: 28 Apr 2020

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Just wondered whether if you were a Liverpool supporter you would be calling for Klopp to be sacked this morning?

The same Liverpool who had 27 shots, 6 on target, 72% possession and would win that game usually 9 times out of 10?

Good comparison mate.

Archived