IGNORED

Informative Sky Commentary

TomThumb84

As a previous poster has alluded to our strike force is pretty woeful. I really can't get excited by any of them.

Martin needs service

Diedhiou needs service 

Wells is petulant, played out of position or out wide and is clearly not enjoying his Bristol City experience.

Semenyo hasn't scored a league goal.

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Still getting my head around our CEO telling a Sky commentator that we’re happy to let our £5.3m top scorer for the past two seasons leave for free, about 5 months since his last public appearance

And the fact that our Head Coach knows nothing about it.

31 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I took from it that Fam either signs or leaves for free, as “his value on the pitch will be worth it”.

Unable to attract a better striker if sold in other words.

Astounding strategy.....lost for words.

24 minutes ago, Olé said:

Also said we were bringing in a loan player which heard nowhere else. If anyone has wondered where Mark Ashton is, he's been gas bagging with the Sky commentators at Carrow Road.

In respect to Fam, I do get it - deliberate leak, and blatantly so. 

For player and agent message is current offer is final and negotiations over, for interested clubs in January message is up your bids or we'll see his contract out. It's to generate a reaction.

It maybe, it’s from a position of complete weakness.

16 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Holden saying there is no truth in us bringing in loan signing

Unless Sky have misquoted Ashton you couldn’t make it up

Expects a very quiet window

I sense with recent interviews that Holden is slightly going against Ashton.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Astounding strategy.....lost for words.

It maybe, it’s from a position of complete weakness.

I sense with recent interviews that Holden is slightly going against Ashton.

I agree - just some wisps of smoke

I did say I wondered whether DH may have more balls than Johnson and speak up

You have to think the walls are closing in on Ashton slowly

If SL doesn’t start to identify who and where the problems lie , and act , then with due respect, he ends up with what he deserves

Maybe Jon will get a grip ............ ????

4 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I shall look forward to the next time Sky decide to show us live for the next update on our contract and transfer policy and activity.

Maybe if Mark Ashton is feeling really chatty whoever is commentating for Sky next time may be able to give us some info on our injuries.

I thought that. In a minute he's going to tell us Walsh and Williams are back next week . . . didn't quite happen but more interesting than the match. 

Just now, Robin Wood said:

Has nobody thought Fam doesn't give a hoot and won't sign won't leave and will walk away the end of the season to a nice new contract elsewhere god forbid he breaks a leg because he won't be staying here

what a horrible thing to say, wish an injury on one of our own players. What makes it worse is your wishing it on one of our top goal scorers this season whose won us 9 points aswell as our top goalscorer for the past two seasons. 

Just now, Robin Wood said:

Has nobody thought Fam doesn't give a hoot and won't sign won't leave and will walk away the end of the season to a nice new contract elsewhere god forbid he breaks a leg because he won't be staying here

It’s a good point - agents talk. Why would a club spend £2m on him from us when they can get him for free in 5 months and load up his wages with transfer fee saved? Fammy win, New club win, City lose.

Dumbfounding how we have allowed this to happen. Plus he’s sat on the bench for most of the season!!

2 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

what a horrible thing to say, wish an injury on one of our own players. What makes it worse is your wishing it on one of our top goal scorers this season whose won us 9 points aswell as our top goalscorer for the past two seasons. 

He's not…

5 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Far from his biggest fan but his effort and performance was streets ahead of 9 others tonight.

We should have never let his contract get to this stage

For various reasons we should have traded him 12-18 months ago

4 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I am sure he was not saying that. I think and hope he was implying that there is an element of risk there for Fam and nothing more.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Far from his biggest fan but his effort and performance was streets ahead of 9 others tonight.

I agree the elusive Mark Ashton probably working on new signings

When was it mentioned that we are hoping to bring in a loan player before the end of the window? I heard the bit about Diedhiou being allowed to run his contract down (infact I rewound it so I could record it as a mate wouldn’t believe me) and I heard Holden get asked about and refute claims about the loan player in his Radio Bristol interview. But I must have missed the bit on Sky....

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I think 12-18 months ago Mark Ashton was on his doomed obsessive “all eggs in one basket” quest for Eddie Nketiah and was blindsided by compiling another PowerPoint for Eddie and his representatives and Arsenal in order to get it over the line.

Twice.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

The only thing I can think of is that clubs have been sending us lowball offers for Famara and this is Ashton's way of telling clubs publicly make us a good offer or we're prepared to just keep him around.

Shouldn’t be like that tho. Should be keeping your strong players and the club should directly let the fans know and give some clarity regarding all the contract situation and injuries. That’s why we’re all so frustrated 

18 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I agree - just some wisps of smoke

I did say I wondered whether DH may have more balls than Johnson and speak up

You have to think the walls are closing in on Ashton slowly

If SL doesn’t start to identify who and where the problems lie , and act , then with due respect, he ends up with what he deserves

Maybe Jon will get a grip ............ ????

there’s only 1 thing he’ll get a grip of.........

his crayons

Just now, Finley_Smith10 said:

Shouldn’t be like that tho. Should be keeping your strong players and the club should directly let the fans know and give some clarity regarding all the contract situation and injuries. That’s why we’re all so frustrated 

Can't make Famara sign a new contract though, the commentator said (supposedly quoting Ashton) that we've put multiple offers in front of him, if he doesn't sign a new deal what are we supposed to do? 

4 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I think 12-18 months ago Mark Ashton was on his doomed obsessive “all eggs in one basket” quest for Eddie Nketiah and was blindsided by compiling another PowerPoint for Eddie and his representatives and Arsenal in order to get it over the line.

Twice.

That was Johnson - another exciting toy he’d spotted in Hamleys 

Johnson , as much as Ashton is to blame for the mess we are right now

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Can't make Famara sign a new contract though, the commentator said (supposedly quoting Ashton) that we've put multiple offers in front of him, if he doesn't sign a new deal what are we supposed to do? 

Think whatever this Ashton situation is regarding him speaking to sky is a joke and needs to be cleared up. Sending the fans mixed signals if there isn’t enough 

@TomThumb84

Martin could be getting less effective, or he could be getting overplayed. Bit of both?

Aging players especially you need to manage well, even more so given he might have a medical condition or somesuch.

If you play someone like Martin into the ground, they will produce less, diminishing returns etc.

As for Diedhiou, fear we might lose him on a free.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Tomthumb84

Martin could be getting less effective, or he could be getting overplayed. Bit of both?

Aging players you need to manage well, especially given he might have a medical condition or somesuch.

As for Diedhiou, fear we might lose him on a free.

I agree re: Martin, but to then not recognise this and continue to play him is astounding from the management team.

I bet he did not expect to come here and be doing shuttle-runs between centre halves and full backs for 60 mins out of every 90.

Holden has not had a lot of luck with injuries, however our injury crisis is so huge that most of us have quite rightly questioned the club’s physical therapy/medical team. 

AS SUCH The thought that we might get a loan or two is not that out of left field.  We all heard the Sky Sports guy say as much.

Enter Dean Holden asked the question the answer was short and bitter NO  

Ok from a personal perspective I am still behind Dean Holden as I don’t see him as responsible for injuries (but is responsible to do the best with what he has)

The silence on any issue at our club is now deafening. Now is a good time to come out and let the supporters know something from the offices of both Chairman and the CEO  

Another snapped answer from Dean Holden to a reporter that was actually letting him off lightly (again) leads me to believe that there is a lot of tension behind the scenes to the point that the club has nothing positive to say to the supporters 

I don’t know anything like most but I can not think of another time where the club has been so closed with supporter relations  

If I gambled and I rarely do, but if I were to start I would have a tenner on a possible change at the top. To be clear I mean in ownership  

Archived