IGNORED

Informative Sky Commentary

TomThumb84

There's no leadership at the top and it's all being left to Dean Holden to take the flak. You can understand why he is a bit pissed off and would be snappy with reporters doing their jobs and asking probing questions. It's clear to me that the directive from the top is that Dean will have to make do with what he's got. There will be no incoming this transfer window.

11 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

To help us stay up?

Fires the goal that secures victory to seal our Championship status, and then waves goodbye, packs his bags and heads off to spearhead the attack for Neil Warnock’s Middlesbrough’s assault on the Division for the 2021-22 season. On a free.

52 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Unless loan player lined up if Fam manages to get sold after the pitch from Ashton to the Sky commentator to increase awareness of Fam’s availability.

No doubt at the time Mark Ashton was in full flow and all of the words were rolling into one from him in a display of engineering a piece of recruitment magic.

Maybe the commentator was blinded by this wordplay wizardry and delivered both pieces of information off script and in error.

This commentator makes up rubbish stories every single game he watches. It makes him think he's ITK, but in reality he's an idiot. I must have heard a story about Holden going on holiday with his Dad about 30 times from this guy. Pointless commentator, that's why Holden doesn't know anything about it, because the guys made it up.

The situation with Fam maybe that he's running his contract down, but Gary Weaver doesn't know this, he's made it up.

Just now, grifty said:

This commentator makes up rubbish stories every single game he watches. It makes him think he's ITK, but in reality he's an idiot. I must have heard a story about Holden going on holiday with his Dad about 30 times from this guy. Pointless commentator, that's why Holden doesn't know anything about it, because the guys made it up.

The situation with Fam maybe that he's running his contract down, but Gary Weaver doesn't know this, he's made it up.

Hmmmm.... ok, but brave to quote it as a result of a direct conversation and name Mark Ashton. Not sure I buy he has made it up!

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

There's no leadership at the top and it's all being left to Dean Holden to take the flak. You can understand why he is a bit pissed off and would be snappy with reporters doing their jobs and asking probing questions. It's clear to me that the directive from the top is that Dean will have to make do with what he's got. There will be no incoming this transfer window.

I agree. Its when you start adding a few things together. When there is a major announcement coming company’s go through a quiet period, in order to limit the information getting into the public domain. This smells of that to me!

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree. Its when you start adding a few things together. When there is a major announcement coming company’s go through a quiet period, in order to limit the information getting into the public domain. This smells of that to me!

theres a "rich" owner from across town who wants another club ?

The people “running” this club have finally shown themselves to be a busted flush.

The owner has failed to see the warning signs.

I think Holden is fighting for his job / head-coach career...and although he’s made mistakes of late, he’s been let down by those above him.

The financial signs have been there for 2 seasons.  They were hamstringing the club, now that hamstring is torn...the irony!

I see very similar signs to 8 or so years ago.  I don’t think Holden is to blame, that’s not to say he doesn’t have faults, but there’s a bigger picture here.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Holden saying there is no truth in us bringing in loan signing

Unless Sky have misquoted Ashton you couldn’t make it up

Expects a very quiet window

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Radio Bristol - They asked him if there was any truth in Ashton’s claim re loan player incoming

Holden was quite clear

As I said , unless Sky misquoted Ashton we are looking a laughing stock

Are you beginning to connect the dots Shelts. 
Surely it must be becoming clear to you now who runs the whole recruitment shebang. ?

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Are you beginning to connect the dots Shelts. 
Surely it must be becoming clear to you now who runs the whole recruitment shebang. ?

Time will tell Harry

But Ashton isn’t the only one to blame for where we are slowly heading (But due to his role must take a very big lump)

Johnson for all the ‘did a good job here’ crap is just as much to blame

And the Admiral who owns the ship and appointed his personal pet projects in key roles ultimately

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Time will tell Harry

But Ashton isn’t the only one to blame for where we are slowly heading (But due to his role must take a very big lump)

Johnson for all the ‘did a good job here’ crap is just as much to blame

And the Admiral who owns the ship and appointed his personal pet projects in key roles ultimately

He’s not 100% to blame, I’ll agree. I’ve always said that. But I’ve maintained for 5 years now, who’s in charge of the ins and outs. As Fevs has mentioned before, he’d have had more respect for LJ if he’d been more outspoken about it. Dean is either not so keen to toe the line, or is just not very good at the propaganda.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The people “running” this club have finally shown themselves to be a busted flush.

I think Holden is fighting for his job / head-coach career...and although he’s made mistakes of late, he’s been let down by those above him.

The financial signs have been there for 2 seasons.  They were hamstringing the club, now that hamstring is torn...the irony!

I see very similar signs to 8 or so years ago.  I don’t think Holden is to blame, that’s not to say he doesn’t have faults, but there’s a bigger picture here.

Do you honestly think we will go down to league one in years to come?

Sorry if said already...but worth adding the comment the commentator made about Ashton and Famara also included something along the lines of "It comes from the top...the owners have told them to let the contract run down if needed" or words to those effect IIRC.

We're all digging into Ashton, rightly so, but if true he's SL's puppet isn't he?

No way he's getting the sack.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

He’s not 100% to blame, I’ll agree. I’ve always said that. But I’ve maintained for 5 years now, who’s in charge of the ins and outs. As Fevs has mentioned before, he’d have had more respect for LJ if he’d been more outspoken about it. Dean is either not so keen to toe the line, or is just not very good at the propaganda.

He’s in charge (On SLs behalf ) of the purse strings and operating our extremely questionable recruiting set up but he hasn’t been choosing all the players Harry

The Ashton / Steve’s Project Johnson    has halted momentum and is showing for what it was

There’s some tension about and Steve and Son look to have some questions to ask decisions to make , or probably we will let things just rot a bit more

Right, I've not read through the thread so sorry if I repeat anyone.

Firstly, pathetic strategy . There are some players coming into the last few months of contract that should have ben tied up a year ago. Fam and Walsh for example, they would have been expected to have been a part of the team for the foreseeable future, why not tie them down to a contract with enough time to negotiate ?

Right, now that's off my chest;

I'd be surprised if Ashton said anything to the National Press that he didn't share with local, unless it's a ploy. So I see it as Ashton says we are happy for Fam to run his contract down and go on a free in the summer, we will get our value out on the pitch.

I translate that as, don't bother coming in with a stupid low bid, you will have to tempt us to sell. Could be a good play actually. Looks a though Fam isn't signing any time soon. People could think we are desperate for money and offer £250k. Ashton has preemptively told the to 'do one' so any bid will have to be big enough to force us to sell. Might actually bump the price up.

3 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Unless rectified, yes, a distinct possibility.

I dislike Ashton, but I do feel that that this is a combined SL/JL/MA/LJ legacy.  We don’t have a bad squad, but the wastage I’ve been warning about for two years.  Covid finances have helped surface that the family silver has been sold off against a horrendous increase in costs.  Unsustainable....The exact opposite of the strategy.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You really think DH is fighting for his job @Davefevs? I just don’t see City making a change in the current climate.

DH does come across as getting more and more “snappy” in his interviews though!

Reality is that I believe the squad on paper is good enough to challenge the top six but I don’t believe DH is right to maximise as/when he has all these players at his disposal.

Always thought that in giving him the rolling contract, it was on the basis of him steering us through the pandemic before we re-assess.

Time will tell...

5 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

realist Leeds, Portsmouth 

2 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Hmmm, I’m not sure, our squad is still strong albeit the shambles that goes on within the club 

don't leave your posts open ended.

Just now, Loosey Boy said:

You really think DH is fighting for his job @Davefevs? I just don’t see City making a change in the current climate.

DH does come across as getting more and more “snappy” in his interviews though!

Reality is that I believe the squad on paper is good enough to challenge the top six but I don’t believe DH is right to maximise as/when he has all these players at his disposal.

Always thought that in giving him the rolling contract, it was on the basis of him steering us through the pandemic before we re-assess.

Time will tell...

Yes, because Ashton will scapegoat him.

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

He’s in charge (On SLs behalf ) of the purse strings and operating our extremely questionable recruiting set up but he hasn’t been choosing all the players Harry

The Ashton / Steve’s Project Johnson    has halted momentum and is showing for what it was

There’s some tension about and Steve and Son look to have some questions to ask decisions to make , or probably we will let things just rot a bit more

And the incoming loanee which Ashton said we’re hoping to bring in, which Holden knew nothing about?? Tell me again who has final say? Who decides who comes in? 
Come on now Shelts - the dots are all there for you, stop drawing a wavy line around them. 

Archived