IGNORED

Are Forest fans calling for Hughtons head ?

davidoldfart

9 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

For all those who screamed for Chris Hughton would you swap places with Forest this morning .

Even the SKY presenters commented on the dire injury problems Dean has had to contend with, so be content with the fact that we are still 9th .

Take your point and, unlike many, I can't get too downbeat about last night in isolation. However it would be nice to see football like we played in that first twenty minutes against Preston on a semi-regular basis otherwise league position means very little to me. If that's all it's about I'll look on the internet and support the team from home instead when this Covid ends. We could be 6th, 9th, 16th or 23rd, if the football is crap then it's crap and that isn't what I want to see, personally, when I lay out my season ticket dosh. 

Am I missing the point?

Hughton took over Forest with 0 points and in the relegation zone.

Since then they've collected, I believe, exactly the same points as us (24) and are currently in better form than us in the last 6 games.

If both teams carry on with current form, we'll end up with 56, they 50. Not bad for Hughton given the head start.

Considering we were top of the table when he took over there and they in the relegation zone....not sure what else Forest fans would/could expect from him. I'm sure most are happy he's taking them the right way up the table.

33 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

For all those who screamed for Chris Hughton would you swap places with Forest this morning .

Even the SKY presenters commented on the dire injury problems Dean has had to contend with, so be content with the fact that we are still 9th .

I wouldn't say I was content. "Amazed" would better describe my thoughts.

Not a fair comparison imo. He walked into a totally new club & probably didn’t know any of the players. Dean already knew the players, the club, had 8 or so games last season in charge, a preseason, brought in his new staff, was able to get rid of players, bring in new players & in doing that seemed to drift away from young potential talent that was the way before to buying experienced players on potentially decent money. I would say that if they are both in charge next season, then you can make some sort of comparison. COYR 

2 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

Everything about the club/team and performances seems pretty dire at the moment.

We may as well go the whole hog, and submit a bid for Eric Dier (and after all the usual/previous name-dropping and raising of unrealistic expectations , we'll end up signing somoen like Arthur Ragamuffin from Stow-on-the-Wold Wanderers).

34 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Exactly why Holden was employed , a yes man and an easy scape goat for when shit hits the fan 

I don’t think he’s a yes man at all.  Is he naive to the way his role fits into the hierarchy of Bristol City FC and the importance of egos versus football?  Yes.

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Maybe not but Ashton told us that was his target, the same one that got Johnson fired... it would be strange if he was given more time.

Especially as I think we are currently playing even worse than Johnson teams. 

So they wouldn’t take the injury situation into account?  I’m sure the Board’s ambitions and targets would largely have been based on having a mostly fit squad.  Strange if they didn’t.

17 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Maybe not but Ashton told us that was his target, the same one that got Johnson fired... it would be strange if he was given more time.

Especially as I think we are currently playing even worse than Johnson teams. 

Johnson was given more than one season.  I cannot see the club getting into the situation where they sack a manager every season for failing to get to the playoffs.  Would be a mad strategy 

21 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So they wouldn’t take the injury situation into account?  I’m sure the Board’s ambitions and targets would largely have been based on having a mostly fit squad.  Strange if they didn’t.

How do you think they are taking this into account? Internal investigation?

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Johnson was given more than one season.  I cannot see the club getting into the situation where they sack a manager every season for failing to get to the playoffs.  Would be a mad strategy 

I expect johnson wasn't given a target of top 6 every season he was here. 

On the injury front only Vyner and Hakeeb what's his face I wouldn't call first teamers so yes there have been injuries but a very good number of players who are not performing are first teamers and fit.

20 goal striker is on the bench only to be brought on to play winger. 

Ashton very publicly told us Holdens job was to get city into the top six. He may well do that, but if he doesn't I don't see how performances we have seen this year warrant giving him another crack. 

Just my thoughts, appreciate others have different views.

5 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I expect johnson wasn't given a target of top 6 every season he was here. 

On the injury front only Vyner and Hakeeb what's his face I wouldn't call first teamers so yes there have been injuries but a very good number of players who are not performing are first teamers and fit.

20 goal striker is on the bench only to be brought on to play winger. 

Ashton very publicly told us Holdens job was to get city into the top six. He may well do that, but if he doesn't I don't see how performances we have seen this year warrant giving him another crack. 

Just my thoughts, appreciate others have different views.

I think he probably should go if there is no sign of progress but just trying to second guess what Ashton/Lansdown will do. 

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Yes. Leeds got it so wrong.

Archived