IGNORED

Are Forest fans calling for Hughtons head ?

davidoldfart

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Maybe not but Ashton told us that was his target, the same one that got Johnson fired... it would be strange if he was given more time.

Especially as I think we are currently playing even worse than Johnson teams. 

Ashton said it was the target, but wasn't as straight forward as play offs or fired and other factors would be considered. Can't think Holden will be sacked if we finish top 10 where he's had a lot of his key players missing for over half a season.

38 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

You really think that?

Thats the impression I got from Mark Ashton when he said the clubs target is a top 6 finish. But I don't know what to think conflicting messages come out of this club all the time. 

If he finished, 9th say, and our performances on the pitch had not improved significantly. I would expect the club not to take up the option on his rolling contract yes. 

7 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Am I missing the point?

Hughton took over Forest with 0 points and in the relegation zone.

Since then they've collected, I believe, exactly the same points as us (24) and are currently in better form than us in the last 6 games.

If both teams carry on with current form, we'll end up with 56, they 50. Not bad for Hughton given the head start.

Considering we were top of the table when he took over there and they in the relegation zone....not sure what else Forest fans would/could expect from him. I'm sure most are happy he's taking them the right way up the table.

When Hughton took over Brighton they where on course for relegation, he took them to safety but playing some god awful football. He then rebuilt the side over the next few years and turned them into at first play off candidates until he took them up with auto promotion playing great football.

He then managed to Keep Brighton up but went back to poor football, Brighton play great football now but could be in trouble this year..

Im missing the point too

Thats the impression I got from Mark Ashton when he said the clubs target is a top 6 finish. But I don't know what to think conflicting messages come out of this club all the time. 

If he finished, 9th say, and our performances on the pitch had not improved significantly. I would expect the club not to take up the option on his rolling contract yes. 

I think we should be improving on the position from when we get rid of Lee, otherwise what's the point in appointing a new manager to take us backwards.  We have possibly the best goalkeeper in the division and 2 best Centre backs so we have the players to succeed.  Saying that, if we finish outside of the top 6 again then we will be looking for a new keeper.  

For the zillionth time, a rolling contract does not get renewed/have an option ???

6 minutes ago, sludge said:

For the zillionth time, a rolling contract does not get renewed/have an option ???

In fairness, and I only found this out recently....it is not what many of us thought it was.

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/rolling-employment-contracts/

And if it is as Mike above writes, it shows a lack of faith from the board in the appointment of Dean Holden at the time.  Might’ve been sensible, but for a standout candidate, wonderful human, didn’t he deserve more.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness, and I only found this out recently....it is not what many of us thought it was.

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/rolling-employment-contracts/

And if it is as Mike above writes, it shows a lack of faith from the board in the appointment of Dean Holden at the time.  Might’ve been sensible, but for a standout candidate, wonderful human, didn’t he deserve more.

Well blow me. WOWS consider my neck duly wound in. 

If this is correct then what others on here have suggested may indeed be accurate - that Holden was only ever appointed with the intention of a more experienced and/or higher profile manager being appointed when normality resumes....

52 minutes ago, sludge said:

If this is correct then what others on here have suggested may indeed be accurate - that Holden was only ever appointed with the intention of a more experienced and/or higher profile manager being appointed when normality resumes....

@Davefevs coming in clutch ??

1 hour ago, sludge said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

47 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

@Davefevs coming in clutch ??

Not me that deserves credit, someone else posted it way back and I recall thinking what a load of tosh so googled something....but then forgot what I’d found....until tonight.

@headhunter you might be be interested in my previous post.

5 hours ago, M.D said:

When Hughton took over Brighton they where on course for relegation, he took them to safety but playing some god awful football. He then rebuilt the side over the next few years and turned them into at first play off candidates until he took them up with auto promotion playing great football.

He then managed to Keep Brighton up but went back to poor football, Brighton play great football now but could be in trouble this year..

Im missing the point too

Was a quicker turnaround than that, the season after taking over they finished 3rd, and then 2nd. Would’ve been top if we didn’t beat them final day.

I’ll be pretty shocked if Forest aren’t in the play offs next season at a bare minimum.

12 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Am I missing the point?

Since then they've collected, I believe, exactly the same points as us (24) and are currently in better form than us in the last 6 games.

If both teams carry on with current form, we'll end up with 56, they 50. Not bad for Hughton given the head start.

Considering we were top of the table when he took over there and they in the relegation zone....not sure what else Forest fans would/could expect from him. I'm sure most are happy he's taking them the right way up the table.

Remember when people would copy posts and just type "this"?  

Well, this ⬆️

But I'd add that Forest have had back scene problems for years now.

If it's anyone the fans are discontented with its the owner, just like they were with the Kuwaitis before him.

13 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

For all those who screamed for Chris Hughton would you swap places with Forest this morning .

Even the SKY presenters commented on the dire injury problems Dean has had to contend with, so be content with the fact that we are still 9th .

Which part of this post relates to the title of your thread?! And if you put your faith in anything Sky reporters say you will end up disappointed and frustrated - they haven't got a clue.

Your post/thread would have gained more credibility if you’d provided a link to evidence that Forest fans are calling for Chris’ head - oh, and as the forum’s resident pedantic pr*ck, I feel I should point out that in your thread title - it should read ‘Hughton’s’ - apostrophes are just amazing things! ??

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Dave... are you saying we’re getting Paul Cook? ? 

No, just saying that if it really is a one year “rolling” contract type as the article suggests, then when is the trigger date / period.  One for Geoff / Gregor to ask!

21 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

For all those who screamed for Chris Hughton would you swap places with Forest this morning .

Even the SKY presenters commented on the dire injury problems Dean has had to contend with, so be content with the fact that we are still 9th .

What an odd post. Both situations cannot be compared. Managers also fit certain clubs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Hughton may not have worked but given the platform had w great chance here. 

I look forward to this same sort of post being thrown up on the forum until Hughton has probably got Forest in play off contention within the next 18 months - having had the summer window or 2. 

12 hours ago, sludge said:

Let us pray. 

21 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Am I missing the point?

Not to mention he's done this without any of his players he wanted whilst Holden has worked with his squad for years now. 

Hughton is not an impact manager, he's a building manager, he takes his time to ensure he gets the best out of what he has to work with and then moulds what he has into what he wants. 

I'd take Hughton in a heart beat over Holden, Holden may be a nice guy but he's not a manager, he's a coach and one who is told what to do and he obeys. Hughton would offer us so much more than MA and Holden do, he'd sign players with purpose for his plan rather than MA buying players he thinks the coach needs and expecting him to mould them into a solid team. 

Our issue is something I've highlighted over and over again, we buy players to be put into a tactical system that they're not suited to. Yes, they are quality players but there is a reason we don't get the best out of players such as Wells, Palmer etc, it's because we don't build the tactics around the players strengths, we build our tactics and try to shoehorn the players into them. Hughton does quite the opposite, he looks at his tactics and tweaks them to compliment the players which is why he gets the best out of them, he then buys players that will suit the style the team are playing whilst adding a higher level of quality. 

We'll never be contenders for promotion with the set up we have, we don't need a coach, we need a manager who knows what he's doing and is given the position within the club to make important decisions, not be told MA will handle it... 

I thought that appointing Hughton guaranteed promotion.

Just a thought, we’ve had a horrible injury crisis, Covid has stifled the transfer market making it difficult to shift players, plus limiting funds to bring players in, the younger players are getting opportunities and developing, we are top half of the Championship.... How about actually supporting the Club and management team in these difficult times.

Archived