IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

7 hours ago, TomF said:

Ouch, that's a long hike. I guess you can probably just walk out of the festival at the end of it and get picked up by someone thou ?

The resale this year seems odd.. everyone I know who wanted a ticket got one. Maybe the demand just wasn't there.. or people just couldn't afford it?  Would love to know how many went back on sale. 

Yeah don't worry, my return journey plans are easy and sorted. It's all good. I like an adventure.

OTIB meet up at the cider bus maybe...?

• The title was changed to Glastonbury 2022

I’ll be there. 

Managed to get a ticket in the resale for the 3rd year running? Unbelievable really.

I’m in good old Benidorm next week, followed by Barcelona the weekend after for a Stag do…. Then this!

Hectic

• Flames 1

Can’t wait to get back on the farm after the long gap since last time.

eagerly anticipating the full lineup drop so I can start working out the terrible clashes.

I have a ticket for Primavera Sound weekend 1 in Barcelona next week, never been before.  Hoping I might be able to catch some acts there to mitigate clashes at Glasto end of June.

that said I’m afraid to get too excited about either until I pass through the festival gates, just in case something scuppers me (covid/ Bristol airport / other). 

fingers crossed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Can’t wait to get back on the farm after the long gap since last time.

eagerly anticipating the full lineup drop so I can start working out the terrible clashes.

I have a ticket for Primavera Sound weekend 1 in Barcelona next week, never been before.  Hoping I might be able to catch some acts there to mitigate clashes at Glasto end of June.

that said I’m afraid to get too excited about either until I pass through the festival gates, just in case something scuppers me (covid/ Bristol airport / other). 

fingers crossed.

Primavera lineup always looks pretty decent, same with Mad Cool (though I've heard mixed things about that one). Always a good idea to head off any potential clashes with another festival ?. It's always one that we've considered so I'd be intrigued to hear what you think of it.

Just took a look actually.... Tame Impala, The National, The Strokes, Fontaines, Gorillaz.... that is a well strong lineup.

Edited by nebristolred

21 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I’m so excited for Macca.

Saw him a few years back now. I wanted to say that I have seen him so wasn't expecting much but he was on stage for 3 hours and it was well worth it. Hey Jude live sang by him is one of my highlights of live music. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

On 27/05/2022 at 17:27, RedorDead BCFC said:

Saw him a few years back now. I wanted to say that I have seen him so wasn't expecting much but he was on stage for 3 hours and it was well worth it. Hey Jude live sang by him is one of my highlights of live music. 

Like you I just want to say that I’ve seen one of the Beatles live!

Excited.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Like you I just want to say that I’ve seen one of the Beatles live!

Excited.

I have no insider knowledge or gossip, but I reckon you'll end up seeing two Beatles. There are usually surprise guests at Glastonbury shows and I bet McCartney brings Ringo out for at least a couple of songs.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

I have no insider knowledge or gossip, but I reckon you'll end up seeing two Beatles. There are usually surprise guests at Glastonbury shows and I bet McCartney brings Ringo out for at least a couple of songs.

Did Ringo make an appearance last time Sir Macca was at Glastonbury? 

I didn't think he did.

1 minute ago, Norn Iron said:

Did Ringo make an appearance last time Sir Macca was at Glastonbury? 

I didn't think he did.

I don't know, this feels like it's gearing up to be a celebration of Macca's career though so I'd expect something special.

But, I think Ringo is touring America while Glastonbury is on so I was completely wrong. ?

42 minutes ago, TomF said:

Literally the first thing I do when I get a full Glastonbury line-up is work out when Mik Artistik is playing! (Seven times so I'm easily going to catch him).

No majorly exciting surprises that I've seen in the line-up so far (I mean beyond what was already announced) but it's a very good line-up on the whole. 

On 30/05/2022 at 07:34, BS2 Red said:

You'll almost certainly see John Lennon too, if Macca's recent concerts are anything to go by

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

You'll almost certainly see John Lennon too, if Macca's recent concerts are anything to go by

John Lennon...................on stage at Glastonbury .........................with Paul McCartney?

Imagine!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Let it be, don't let me down because I've got a feeling something in my life came together yesterday. 

It's a long and winding road you are going down.

31 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I'm British and don't want to play this game, but maybe a Norwegian would

We'd better Get Back to the thread topic ASAP.