IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Officially cancelled. Tickets remain valid for next year.

No big surprise.

Yeah - I was waiting for the announcement really. Hoping some of the smaller festivals will take place later in the summer but I'm not convinced any of the major festivals will be confident they can go ahead in time for them to happen...

Festivals have everything against them regarding Covid haven’t they. The close proximity people are, both watching the bands and sharing facilities. The demograph of the attendees, mostly young and unlikely to be vaccinated by then. Travelling to get there would also be a challenge.

I’m not at all surprised as I said about the announcement, but mentally it was something to look forward to after a tough year. Least we know now and have tickets for next time, whenever that might be. 

Its really making me question if anything will ever be the same again. 

Great news.

For the fields, the trees, the hedgerows, the shrubs, the soil, the (just check my Green credentials and virtualclimatesignaling!) wild flowers, the insects, the rivers and streams, the cows, the birds, the reptiles, the critters, for every creature in that bit of glorious Somerset, and Somerset itself.

Thank corvid. Sorry @RedM.

Just now, Super said:

Couldnt they play in front of no fans?!

At times when I've been working at the festival, I've wandered around the Glastonbury site on the Tuesday after it has all been constructed but before the crowds are allowed in. It's one of of my favourite things in the world to see it all constructed there just waiting for everything about to start. In some ways. I actually prefer the anticipation to the festival itself...

Admittedly three years is going to be a ******* long time of anticipation, especially as I don't actually know if I'm gonna get to work it in 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

They’ve had an absolute nightmare with the IT systems tonight.. as a result it’s completely free to watch now

lnk.to/liveatworthyfarm

Paid to watch it and planned my evening around it. It was such a shambles and sacked it off after about an hour and a half of refreshing. The company who provided the streaming service seemed to be very new as they started the evening with very few followers and ended up with several thousands plus about 10k of abusive messages!

Edited by Coppello

2 hours ago, TomF said:

I wonder if they approached Glasto in first instance with the idea. It was a complete mess. It’s about time they stopped using shite like Drift and Seetickets 

Having a quick look at the statement that Driift released this afternoon, I get the impression they weren't making any money out of it and were using it to boost their profile. 

Yeah, they ****** up massively by using them. I can see Glastonbury haemorrhaging a lot of cash from this event at a time when their funds must be pretty depleted.

We got locked out for about an hour and a half before we could get in.

once we did managed to rewind and watch from start though. Quality of it was brilliant , shame all the tech problems ruined it for some tho.

apparently they are going to let bbc show most of it (or even more of it ) on Glasto weekend. So if anyone missed it they might be able to watch it then 

• Admin
41 minutes ago, TomF said:

Best of 1998 on BBC4 as well is absolute ?.

Weather less so ?

Watching with a box of Merlot, which seems to have developed a leak.  The 90’s programme on BBC2 before was decent, tomorrow at 9pm round up of 2000’s.  

Just hope some proper live music comes back soon…..

Some great older sets added to the iplayer this year. Fair play I thought they would have just used the same material as last year.

arcade fire 2007, queens of the Stone Age 2011 were two memorable ones I was at 

iggy pop 2007 is there too which I missed And regretted 

Idles 2019 is a must for anyone who likes Idles 

Glad to hear it bet you are chuffed.

also it isn’t that far away now so you can get really excited straight away.

Our group managed to pick up 1 for my mate who missed out in coach sale , then 8 for friends of friends this morning too.  Def seemed a bit easier than previous years. Guessing more tickets went back in the hat as everything has changed so much for a lot of people over 2.5 years 

Bit annoyed, we got tickets for 2020 obviously cancelled.

THe mrs couldn't make the re-arranged date in 2021 so had to give up her ticket - then it was cancelled. She can now make the re-arranged date, but has lost her ticket.

Seems a bit unfair that she lost her ticket because of a date that didn't take place and there was no option (that I saw) for people to re-purchase their ticket once it was postponed again

She missed out in the resale

On 28/03/2022 at 08:30, MarcusX said:

Bit annoyed, we got tickets for 2020 obviously cancelled.

THe mrs couldn't make the re-arranged date in 2021 so had to give up her ticket - then it was cancelled. She can now make the re-arranged date, but has lost her ticket.

Seems a bit unfair that she lost her ticket because of a date that didn't take place and there was no option (that I saw) for people to re-purchase their ticket once it was postponed again

She missed out in the resale

Sorry to hear that buddy, it's a kick in the teeth. Hope you get there next year.

13 hours ago, phantom said:

That of course really depends where you live 

I'll give you a clue...its not Hove ?

In fact, I'm going to be on a train travelling through Somerset to get to Brighton only to then get a coach back to Somerset the next day.

I'm not really complaining though! I'd have been willing to travel from Glasgow if those were the first tickets presented to me.

Ironically, my friend got through on Sunday and could have got me a general sale ticket but hey, it's just a privilege to go this year.

Having said all that.... Covid numbers out of control again!