IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

On train ok. Crowded but not packed. Actually got a seat and it's chill. Certainly lot less busy than usual. Train started at Gloucester and going to Weymouth. I got on at TM. I expecting queues for the shuttle bus from Castle Cary but so far so good. 

Hope everyone else is going well too

Have fun everyone, last time I went was 81 with Hawkwind headlining. Did go a few years later but only on the Sunday. 
Always wanted to go back but never got round to it, and now the wife won’t go anywhere she can’t plug her hairdryer into. We go on family camping holidays as long as they rent cottages on the campsite ?

I’m off to see Reg tonight, hoping he mimes and don’t ruin Tiny Dancer for me. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

McCartney only playing a warm up at the bloody Cheese and Grain! Damn living to the north side of Bristol!

£25 as well! 

The Foo Fighters played there the year they played Glastonbury.

If there's a Glastonbury headliner you like, it might be worth hanging around in Frome just before the festival! 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Wednesday is defiantly an explore the site day.  Today some of the smaller stages/tents open along with the SE corner.  It’s all go tomorrow really. Absolutely knackered tonight and having a early one before the real action tomorrow.

In a site of in excess of 200k people who would I happen to bump into as I’m walking back to my tent but @RedM - have are the chances! 

It's all go tonight, judging by the amount of noise coming from Pilton. From my cottage, over the valley, it sounds like the Devil moving furniture around.

At the risk of sounding like a Disgusted Of Wells sort of local newspaper letter writer, there seems to be a bit of mission-creep among the festival operators from a three nights of noise to a five nights of noise scenario. I'm minorly peeved. 

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's all go tonight, judging by the amount of noise coming from Pilton. From my cottage, over the valley, it sounds like the Devil moving furniture around.

At the risk of sounding like a Disgusted Of Wells sort of local newspaper letter writer, there seems to be a bit of mission-creep among the festival operators from a three nights of noise to a five nights of noise scenario. I'm minorly peeved. 

Yup I can understand that. With travel situation this year it seems the vast majority arrived early. The site filled up and it was just people wandering around and exploring but yes there was a lot of overnight noise for the last two nights which would annoy the locals I expect.

Nice to see you @TomF, hope you enjoyed your pizza! Now for a busy few days!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yup I can understand that. With travel situation this year it seems the vast majority arrived early. The site filled up and it was just people wandering around and exploring but yes there was a lot of overnight noise for the last two nights which would annoy the locals I expect.

Nice to see you @TomF, hope you enjoyed your pizza! Now for a busy few days!

I think the Wednesday and Thursday noise and  traffic disruption issue is something the Eavises will have to address. Local councillors email inboxes are full of complaints, I understand.

For many years, the Festival has enjoyed majority public (and council) support in the area. But that's based on it being 3 days of disruption, not 5. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Heard some of Crowded House's set on the radio earlier. Sounded great and I'm not a huge fan of theirs.

They are fantastic live...nothing like they sound on record. So much better.

Paul McCartney was asked who the best song writer of all time was...his answer...Neil Finn of crowded House. 

Talking of McCartney...he's playing a warm up gig at the cheese and grain in Frome tonight. £25 a ticket. Sold out.

52 minutes ago, One Team said:

IDLES on now! 

Like a shot of adrenaline straight into the heart!

Need more of there music at the Gate and Danny Nedelko sung for Semenyo.

I bet @Shtanley is in that mosh pit!

I caught a bit and saw them do all you need is love.

The 10/15 mins I saw looked and sounded awful.

• Like 1