IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

9 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Heard some of Crowded House's set on the radio earlier. Sounded great and I'm not a huge fan of theirs.

Just watching that now.  They meant so much to me and my late wife because they sang Don't Dream it's Over which is the song we got together to.  And the name of my new scooter...and one of my next tattoos

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

Just watching that now.  They meant so much to me and my late wife because they sang Don't Dream it's Over which is the song we got together to.  And the name of my new scooter...and one of my next tattoos

Just caught up and watched their set on iPlayer. Fantastic performance.

But the kid who was dancing was the real star of the show! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Super said:

Might just be me but what's all the fuss around Billie Eilish? Is it because she is young?!

Haven't got a clue who she is ,or what she does, but I've just watched a clip of her on the breakfast news, don't know what she was singing ,BUT it was a direct rip-off of The Doors' People Are Strange (with different words).

I expect someone will wise me up and tell me it was a reworking, or something.......I really hope so, as I feel a plagiarism court case coming on, else !?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Haven't got a clue who she is ,or what she does, but I've just watched a clip of her on the breakfast news, don't know what she was singing ,BUT it was a direct rip-off of The Doors' People Are Strange (with different words).

I expect someone will wise me up and tell me it was a reworking, or something.......I really hope so, as I feel a plagiarism court case coming on, else !?

You aren’t the first person to point it out. No lawsuit thus far! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

You aren’t the first person to point it out. No lawsuit thus far! 

Well there ya go, as I said never (knowingly) heard her, so is this one of her hits ?

I'm sure people will say "Where have you been ?", but I am 70 I

BTW, anyone think George Harrison's My Sweet Lord sounds like The Chiffon's He's So Fine ? ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Well there ya go, as I said never (knowingly) heard her, so is this one of her hits ?

BTW, anyone think George Harrison's My Sweet Lord sounds like The Chiffon's He's So Fine ? ?

Wow, it does, doesn’t it (reminds me of the answer of one of the two nuns sharing a bath to her fellow nun’s question - ‘Where’s the soap?’).

Presumably, if he was still alive he would sue them.

Seriously, though, I seem to recall there was a spoof song shortly after (before?) the Court case, where the chorus, after the two lines,

’He’s so fine, I wish he was mine’

was,

Oh Georgie.

I can’t for the life of me think who sang it.

Was it, in fact, The Chiffons, or some Wall of Sound type group?

image.jpeg

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I saw Sam Fender backing up the Killers at the Emirates, and watching him now on Iplayer. Glad to see he’s got the crowd going, think he’s going to be a big act in a few years. 

He's a big act now.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Super said:

He's a big act now.

Bigger I mean, at the moment he’s supporting in big stadiums. A few years he could possibly be headlining. 

Watching Noel and can see he needs Liam with him. He’s good but not as good vocally. Had the pleasure of seeing Oasis at Wembley the night they didn’t bicker so was a great concert. With a mashed up Shaun Ryder at Happy Mondays. Now I feel old as that was 22 years ago. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC

25 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Bigger I mean, at the moment he’s supporting in big stadiums. A few years he could possibly be headlining. 

Watching Noel and can see he needs Liam with him. He’s good but not as good vocally. Had the pleasure of seeing Oasis at Wembley the night they didn’t bicker so was a great concert. With a mashed up Shaun Ryder at Happy Mondays. Now I feel old as that was 22 years ago. 

I was at that gig. Doves were playing as well - great line-up!

• Like 1