IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

1 hour ago, Super said:

So who is everyone looking forward to seeing today?

Was Pet Shop Boys, but the wife had her friends round on Friday so a few partners decided to visit me, and ended up drinking till 2am. Then had the 6 month granddaughter plus watching Macca last night. Has sealed an early night for me I think. 

But will watch Elbow, it’s not Glastonbury without “One day like is” 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Come Together - John

Paperback Writer - Fair

We Can Work It Out - Fair

Here, There and Everywhere - Hardly an upbeat singalong anthem 

Penny Lane - Fair

Eleanor Rigby - Hardly an upbeat singalong anthem 

Yesterday - Hardly an upbeat singalong anthem 

It definitely didn't feel as stacked as it could have been. 

I agree they are all amazing, but not many of them fit the "Paul anthem" category.

And he was always going to do a mix of Beatles, Wings and solo stuff. Swapping out a few for some of your list would have been great though.

31 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I agree they are all amazing, but not many of them fit the "Paul anthem" category.

And he was always going to do a mix of Beatles, Wings and solo stuff. Swapping out a few for some of your list would have been great though.

Come together was a Beatles track from the Abbey Road album. 

I was waiting for Eleanor Rigby, or Lucy in the sky, with diamonds. 
I was wondering if him or Noel Gallagher was going to do I am the Walrus. 

Equally I was disappointed with Noel Gallagher not doing The Masterplan. 

At the end of the day setlist can’t please everyone as proved by peoples reaction on here and other social media sites.

4 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Yes I know. But it's a John track. Sure Paul could have done it, but why?

5 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

At the end of the day setlist can’t please everyone as proved by peoples reaction on here and other social media sites.

Never a truer word spoken. With somebody like McCartney, he could do a 7 hour set and people would still be saying he missed their favourite song. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I was waiting for Eleanor Rigby, or Lucy in the sky, with diamonds. 
I was wondering if him or Noel Gallagher was going to do I am the Walrus. 

Equally I was disappointed with Noel Gallagher not doing The Masterplan. 

Lucy in the Sky and I am The Walrus are John tracks. I know he did another John track (For the Benefit of Mr Kite), but that was more as a tribute to Lennon

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Yes I know. But it's a John track. Sure Paul could have done it, but why?

Never a truer word spoken. With somebody like McCartney, he could do a 7 hour set and people would still be saying he missed their favourite song. 

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Lucy in the Sky and I am The Walrus are John tracks. I know he did another John track (For the Benefit of Mr Kite), but that was more as a tribute to Lennon

They were Johns tracks. But they made a pact before famous that all songs will be McCartney, Lennon regardless who done the most if not all the work. So they both own the rights. 
Something (best they done IMO) was George Harrison and he done that one. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

They were Johns tracks. But they made a pact before famous that all songs will be McCartney, Lennon regardless who done the most if not all the work. So they both own the rights. 
Something (best they done IMO) was George Harrison and he done that one. 

Yeah, I meant John vocals. He did Mr Kite for John and Something for George, but he's never likely to fill his set with "their" songs.

Just now, BS2 Red said:

Yeah, I meant John vocals. He did Mr Kite for John and Something for George, but he's never likely to fill his set with "their" songs.

Didn’t think that bit through, so I get what you mean now. So probably would have ruined them for me ?

I didn’t like the Beatles growing up, my parents played them and Elvis to death. I started appreciating them later in life.  

9 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I didn’t like the Beatles growing up, my parents played them and Elvis to death. I started appreciating them later in life.

Same. I never disliked the Beatles but it's only over the last few years I've come to appreciate their greatness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomF said:

She’s got a hell of a lot of bangers to get through. Voice improved as it’s gone on. But yeah the contrast between her voice and Garvey who’s on next..

Yeah she's got better, but still up and down.

But then, she is 78 (or 47 as she just claimed ? ) and is putting on a good show.

On 18/06/2022 at 12:05, RedM said:

Don't think I've had a 'perfect conditions' Glastonbury yet, its either been boiling or torrential rain sometime or another over the weekend. The end of June seems to throw up extremes of weather. Yes the heat was draining, I didn't do half what I wanted that year.

This year must have been as close to perfect weather I can remember?