IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

27 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I don’t like the last Artics album Tranquillity base hotel, and they are saying the next one will be similar. Nothing like their stuff previously. Shame really as the previous stuff was fantastic. 

How many times did you listen to it?  I read reviews about it needing a fair few listens to get into it. I kept plugging away and must have listened 9-10 times before I fell in love with it. Now it’s my third favourite album of theirs behind the first one and AM.  

On 27/06/2022 at 18:07, BS2 Red said:

I'm not saying he would do this, but what's to stop him just walking off and leaving?

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

Apparently about 50 people registered as volunteers and only 30 turned up to help clear up after.

They have multiple hundreds of volunteers. Quite a number pop out to get beers at my local. 

It usually works that they buy a ticket, but have the money refunded after working the agreed shifts.

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

Apparently about 50 people registered as volunteers and only 30 turned up to help clear up after.

They have about 2000 recyclers and litter pickers on site, you have to pay a deposit of ticket price which you lose if you don't work and you get blacklisted from working or buying a ticket in the future so unless you only plan on going once you might aswell work your shifts, it is awful work tho, every bag of rubbish goes through the onsite recycling centre on a conveyor belt and is sorted by hand, not pleasant !!

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

The camping area clean up crews are still down there. You can usually see them in large numbers sweeping each field 

recent_full.jpg

It's absolutely chucking it down at the minute here, so I can't blame 'em for not standing out in the fields.

11 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I appear to have been fed some very duff information!Maybe it was just out of the group he was with?Haven't spoken directly to him yet.I think he is still down there.

Could have been, think you do work in a team of about 50 in the recycling centre so that's where the 50 number probably comes from.

• Like 1

What a year! Weather was incredible.

Saw so many bands , prob most I have ever managed across the main 3 days. 

Feet tingling , legs aching , back in bits , think age is def catching up with me ha 

by day i watched ..

fri - Libertines , Wet Leg, a bit of Sleaford mods, supergrass , idles, sam fender , a bit of little simz , then headed to Arcadia to the close 

Sat - Brass Against , skunk Anansie , Metronomy, Squid, Big Thief , Avalanches and McCartney 

sun - Bit of sports team , bit of Ukrainian band I can’t spell on pyramid ,  herbie Hancock , Diana Ross, Jack white , Kendrick 

Idles, McCartney and Kendrick prob the best acts by day.

Wasn’t really sure what to expect going into Kendrick but the show was incredible , surpassed all expectations. Think that will go down as a bit of a classic with him at peak of powers 

got a pretty clean run on way in and out of festival which was a bonus too. 

saw a few city shirts on display , favourites was a guy who had the yellow Sanderson away shirt with green collars. Think that might have been akinbyi era

hope everyone who went had a good one, and ticket gods favour everyone in the sale come Oct time 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, internetjef said:

What a year! Weather was incredible.

Saw so many bands , prob most I have ever managed across the main 3 days. 

Feet tingling , legs aching , back in bits , think age is def catching up with me ha 

by day i watched ..

fri - Libertines , Wet Leg, a bit of Sleaford mods, supergrass , idles, sam fender , a bit of little simz , then headed to Arcadia to the close 

Sat - Brass Against , skunk Anansie , Metronomy, Squid, Big Thief , Avalanches and McCartney 

sun - Bit of sports team , bit of Ukrainian band I can’t spell on pyramid ,  herbie Hancock , Diana Ross, Jack white , Kendrick 

Idles, McCartney and Kendrick prob the best acts by day.

Wasn’t really sure what to expect going into Kendrick but the show was incredible , surpassed all expectations. Think that will go down as a bit of a classic with him at peak of powers 

got a pretty clean run on way in and out of festival which was a bonus too. 

saw a few city shirts on display , favourites was a guy who had the yellow Sanderson away shirt with green collars. Think that might have been akinbyi era

hope everyone who went had a good one, and ticket gods favour everyone in the sale come Oct time 

A fine selection of bands there. I've been catching up on lots of highlights last few days, and nothing has surpassed Kendrick. 

Glastonbury nailed getting an artist that big, in their prime. I suppose that's part of the problem I have with lots of the headliners at Glasto, they're usually past their best.

The ones you remember are bands in their prime like Radiohead 1997, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, even Florence and the Machine etc. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Really glad I didn't go and see Fatboy Slim now. I do agree with you about the over-crowding. I think it really affects the Acoustic Stage too. I've generally found that, if you can't get into John Peel, things still sound decent outside but the Acoustic tent sounds awful unless you are actually inside the tent. With the Pyramid, we fought our way to an okay spot for McCartney but gave up on Diana Ross in the end because we didn't fancy the crowd at all. 

Yea we went there once for scouting for girls but were lucky enough to be inside. We were right on the brink of the entrance of Avalon for McFly and it wasn’t too bad. I prefer the tents if you can get inside, feels like a better atmosphere.

In the outside stages it largely depends on who you position yourself around IMO. If the people around you are really into it then it’s great, if they’re trying to have conversations it’s distracting.

On a side note I drunkenly purchased tickets for Weezer/Fall Out Boy/Green Day while we were there so had to travel upto Glasgow yesterday and just got the sleeper train back. Shattered now but very very good. Another couple of bands ticked off my bucket list

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What was Soccer Mommy like? Her last album was excellent 

It was just her on guitar. Unfortunately it didn't come across that we'll. She seemed lost. She reminds me a little of Gemma Hayes. Who is absolutely fantastic live. And can hold an audience with just a guitar.

War on drugs were fantastic. One of the best gigs I've seen in a while.

Gemma...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

It was just her on guitar. Unfortunately it didn't come across that we'll. She seemed lost. She reminds me a little of Gemma Hayes. Who is absolutely fantastic live. And can hold an audience with just a guitar.

Gemma...

I agree, War On Drugs were excellent, I've waited a long time to see them and it was worth the wait, thoroughly enjoyed it, great setting for a gig on a summer night as well.

• Flames 1

On 30/06/2022 at 17:44, spudski said:

Gemma...

Bit strange to do an acoustic set. Her album Color Theory is worth a listen. Agree War on Drugs are excellent. Saw them at the Academy a few years back. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bit strange to do an acoustic set. Her album Color Theory is worth a listen. Agree War on Drugs are excellent. Saw them at the Academy a few years back. 

It would have probably sounded better if she played an acoustic. It was just her and an electric guitar. Which when unaccompanied never sounds great in an open venue imo. ?

• Like 1

On 29/06/2022 at 04:12, TomF said:

Spice Girls. I think Floyd or FM would warrant a headline slot.  

Floyd could be another Paul McCartney. I suspect if everyone named their favourite Floyd track some people won’t like it preferring something else. 
I’m like a Floyd weirdo, Dark side of the Moon is not one of my favourite albums but yet the sales on that one is still one of the all time highest sales. 
My favourite album of all time is The Final Cut. Be a bit outdated now as kids won’t understand it and some people find it depressing.

Plus how would they play In the Flesh now? 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC

5 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Floyd could be another Paul McCartney. I suspect if everyone named their favourite Floyd track some people won’t like it preferring something else. 
I’m like a Floyd weirdo, Dark side of the Moon is not one of my favourite albums but yet the sales on that one is still one of the all time highest sales. 
My favourite album of all time is The Final Cut. Be a bit outdated now as kids won’t understand it and some people find it depressing.

Plus how would they play In the Flesh now? 

I think the two problems with Pink Floyd as a headlines are

a) The fact that the drummer is the only original member and only two people remain from when they were really successful. Is it really Pink Floyd when it's just Gilmour and Mason? 

b) Do they actually have enough really well known songs to warrant headliner status? (I say this as someone whose seen Roger Water live and quite likes them but I'm 40 and only really know a handful of songs and I wonder if anyone 30 or under will know much beyond Another Brick in the Wall...

I just can't see them headlining for that reason. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think the two problems with Pink Floyd as a headlines are

a) The fact that the drummer is the only original member and only two people remain from when they were really successful. Is it really Pink Floyd when it's just Gilmour and Mason? 

b) Do they actually have enough really well known songs to warrant headliner status? (I say this as someone whose seen Roger Water live and quite likes them but I'm 40 and only really know a handful of songs and I wonder if anyone 30 or under will know much beyond Another Brick in the Wall...

I just can't see them headlining for that reason. 

More so than Billie Eilish and Kendrick Lamar