IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

Elton just announced to headline and close the show on Sunday. His fist ever appearance there.

I'm actually up for this as when he played AG last year I was at Glasto and missed out, not sure I would have paid to see him in particular though.

Not certain if I am going yet - I usually go for work and think I will next year but it is not certain. But, if so, I’m really happy he is playing.

On the one hand I might well end up watching him and, on the other, he’ll pull crowds away from everything else so - if there are better options - they won’t be so crowded.

Great booking. If resale gods shine I will be there with bells on. 

almost went to see him at AG Wednesday of Glasto last year as I didn’t travel down till Thursday am, in the end ducked it to avoid angering the good lady who already had kids for weekend 

getting to see him headline the pyramid would be incredible though. No better party setting on earth ha 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

FqSQqz8XwAEKOSg?format=jpg&name=medium

Fewer names than usual at this stage but as solid as ever. And 3 confirmed (and already predicted) headliners that will be sure to send a certain festival forum owner into a complete spiral...

So Artic Monkeys warm up gig is at Ashton Gate then?

59 minutes ago, TomF said:

Always the way to suss out who's playing before the line up is dropped to look at touring schedules and identify 'glasto shapped holes (GSH)' where bands are either in UK or close to the south west..

I will also be checking the Cheese and Grain in Frome for any "special guest nights" coming up to Glastonbury, they have become a favourite set for a few big names.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why have they got Lizzo on the same line as the headliners? Seems a bit strange 

Agree, especially as everything else is in alphabetical order.

A poor year for me if you take that poster alone, but of course there is so much more.

• Like 1