IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

Hello all.

I will be trying to get tickets for myself and two mates tomorrow in the last chance saloon 9am resale.

It’s 4 people per application , so we will only need to get through once. They have also removed the need to make payment , you just register the persons details and a payment link is sent to those individuals direct latterly.

if anybody on here might be awake and willing to help me out let me know here and I will private message you the registrationdetails. 

got a few people trying already but I think it’s going to a be a pure numbers game: they will likely sell out quickly so prob all done by 9:15 ish anyway 

6 hours ago, internetjef said:

Hello all.

I will be trying to get tickets for myself and two mates tomorrow in the last chance saloon 9am resale.

It’s 4 people per application , so we will only need to get through once. They have also removed the need to make payment , you just register the persons details and a payment link is sent to those individuals direct latterly.

if anybody on here might be awake and willing to help me out let me know here and I will private message you the registrationdetails. 

got a few people trying already but I think it’s going to a be a pure numbers game: they will likely sell out quickly so prob all done by 9:15 ish anyway 

Good luck chap.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Surprised they played it, not their sort of crowd I would have thought.

Radio 1 do give them a lot of airplay, but yeah, the crowd will have been mostly teenage girls who were there for Niall Horan, Lewis Capaldi etc.

However even if that's the case, you make the best of it and try and get the crowd on your side.

• Like 2

Looks like Saturday is likely to be when I can access a freebie ["connections" see  :whistle:  ] but I don't really fancy the main line-up.

Will see Richard Thompson at the Acoustic Stage fer sure, and probably end the night at Christine & the Queens at the Woodsies stage, but other than that I'll probably wander aimlessly as per usual. Have a mate DJing at one of the Park venues, so may do a bit of old skool/old fool raving there. 

I know lots of people camping or caravanning, so could probably stay overnight, but will have to leave before Sunday gets tasty anyway.  I'll probably yomp the 6 miles home. Have done that in the past. If you have alcohol as central heating for adults, it's not too bad. 

I can't really moan about getting in for nuppence, but I wish I could've nabbed a ticket for the other two days as I prefer the line-ups then: Friday's in particular. 

For what it's worth, I'm 99.9% certain The Churnups are Foo Fighters. Too much going in their favour for it to be anyone else.

Thursday night in the SE Corner is looking great fun. Friday night is looking painful for clashes, could quite easily make a case for seeing Arctic Monkeys, Hot Chip and the Chems DJ set. Same for Sunday, would quite happily watch any of Elton, Phoenix or QOTSA. There's so much going on, an understated but really fun lineup.

Glastonbury man... can't bloody wait.

18 hours ago, TomF said:

Friday is perhaps the day I’m more enthusiastic about. Don’t get me wrong I will have the usual amazing time but for first time in many years genuinely not sure there is a must see on my list.  Pulp if they show up but then it’ll be just picking what is good from friends recommendations.   Certainly a year for the smaller stages and tents 

Friday is both brilliant and a bugger for me. Fred Again, Sparks, Kelis and Hot Chip all running into each other means I have loads to see but decisions to make. 

• Like 3

On 30/05/2023 at 19:26, TomF said:

Friday is perhaps the day I’m more enthusiastic about. Don’t get me wrong I will have the usual amazing time but for first time in many years genuinely not sure there is a must see on my list.  Pulp if they show up but then it’ll be just picking what is good from friends recommendations.   Certainly a year for the smaller stages and tents 

I'm pretty much feeling the same. Usually I find I have to give a lot of thought to pick as there are so many clashes, right now I think I am scratching around for something to watch. But that's when you seek out the more off the beat stuff and have the best time. I love a bit of comedy in the cabaret tent after all the bands have finished too.

Saw Rick Ashley before Take That at AG and he was brilliant so very happy for him that he's got a gig on the pyramid, and yes I'm looking forward to Elton,  as just like 'doing the grounds' he's one to tick off too

• Like 1

Bristol's own Holy Youth Movement (Glade Dome, Sunday, 4.20) have some catchy upbeat tunes in the mould of Primal Scream.

Having just advertised them, they're part of a monster clash I have around 5pm that day so not sure if I'll get there yet.

19 minutes ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

So different to the '80s when I went every year, we used to decide how many of us were going about a month before, then someone would collect the money (cash!) and toddle up to Rival records on Park Street and get the tickets, happy days!

Remember those days we'll, I'm fairly certain I bought a ticket on the Friday morning one year, plenty of ways of getting in back in those days, the tickets were always available in The Trade It mag but it was never a ticket it was just someone working there that would meet you outside and give you a pass and of course it was free to get in on the Sunday.

• Admin
2 hours ago, TomF said:

October

Yes, late April once all ticket balances had been paid in full (i.e those who decided not to go just got refund on deposit) -  You pay £50 in Oct then full balance in April. You are limited to 6 tickets per transaction on the main sale and god damn horrific trying to get them..

You have to register, with photo ID, https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/register - before you can buy a ticket and registration usually closes a week before the main sale in Oct (then reopens after).  You maybe asked to prove your ID by means of another form of ID when you enter the site but rare if ever happens.

There are hospitality tickets and competition tickets that don't have photo ID on them but then you have to bring ID with you. 

Sorry to have taken this off topic, but someone that owes me a lot of money is "tweeting" about going to the festival

But I know 6 weeks ago they were not going, so I wondered how they could be going tomorrow?

22 hours ago, TomF said:

They either were keeping it quiet, or they’ve bought someone else’s ticket and chancing it.. or they’ve got a Corp or competition ticket. You do see some of the corp ones for sale but they’re like £1k 

Or possibly working or volunteering? 

• Thanks 1