IGNORED

Glastonbury 2022

RedM

Glad to hear it bet you are chuffed.

also it isn’t that far away now so you can get really excited straight away.

Our group managed to pick up 1 for my mate who missed out in coach sale , then 8 for friends of friends this morning too.  Def seemed a bit easier than previous years. Guessing more tickets went back in the hat as everything has changed so much for a lot of people over 2.5 years 

• Admin
10 hours ago, internetjef said:

Glad to hear it bet you are chuffed.

also it isn’t that far away now so you can get really excited straight away.

Our group managed to pick up 1 for my mate who missed out in coach sale , then 8 for friends of friends this morning too.  Def seemed a bit easier than previous years. Guessing more tickets went back in the hat as everything has changed so much for a lot of people over 2.5 years 

Yeah I've never missed out on the main sale before.. to wait 2 1/2 years for the resale was quite painful!    Only 12 weekends away, it really will be here in no time.  

Defo didn't seem too bad, we had 6-7 people trying for 3 of us and 4 of us got on the ticket page around the same time. 

Read some horror stories of people just getting emails saying they've bought water bottles but nothing else, I think See have fixed it but my arse would have gone if that happened. 

Bit annoyed, we got tickets for 2020 obviously cancelled.

THe mrs couldn't make the re-arranged date in 2021 so had to give up her ticket - then it was cancelled. She can now make the re-arranged date, but has lost her ticket.

Seems a bit unfair that she lost her ticket because of a date that didn't take place and there was no option (that I saw) for people to re-purchase their ticket once it was postponed again

She missed out in the resale

• Sad 1

On 28/03/2022 at 08:30, MarcusX said:

Bit annoyed, we got tickets for 2020 obviously cancelled.

THe mrs couldn't make the re-arranged date in 2021 so had to give up her ticket - then it was cancelled. She can now make the re-arranged date, but has lost her ticket.

Seems a bit unfair that she lost her ticket because of a date that didn't take place and there was no option (that I saw) for people to re-purchase their ticket once it was postponed again

She missed out in the resale

Sorry to hear that buddy, it's a kick in the teeth. Hope you get there next year.

• Admin
1 hour ago, mozo said:

I got one too! Did not expect that. 

Only problem... I have to travel from Brighton 😅

Yeah I’d convinced myself that absolutely wasn’t going to get lucky on the resale.. as it was 4 people got to the ticket screen around same time.     Only 12 weekends away too, it’ll be here before we know it 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phantom said:

That of course really depends where you live 

I'll give you a clue...its not Hove 😅

In fact, I'm going to be on a train travelling through Somerset to get to Brighton only to then get a coach back to Somerset the next day.

I'm not really complaining though! I'd have been willing to travel from Glasgow if those were the first tickets presented to me.

Ironically, my friend got through on Sunday and could have got me a general sale ticket but hey, it's just a privilege to go this year.

Having said all that.... Covid numbers out of control again!

• Admin
1 hour ago, mozo said:

I'll give you a clue...its not Hove 😅

In fact, I'm going to be on a train travelling through Somerset to get to Brighton only to then get a coach back to Somerset the next day.

I'm not really complaining though! I'd have been willing to travel from Glasgow if those were the first tickets presented to me.

Ironically, my friend got through on Sunday and could have got me a general sale ticket but hey, it's just a privilege to go this year.

Having said all that.... Covid numbers out of control again!

Ouch, that's a long hike. I guess you can probably just walk out of the festival at the end of it and get picked up by someone thou ?

The resale this year seems odd.. everyone I know who wanted a ticket got one. Maybe the demand just wasn't there.. or people just couldn't afford it?  Would love to know how many went back on sale. 

7 hours ago, TomF said:

Ouch, that's a long hike. I guess you can probably just walk out of the festival at the end of it and get picked up by someone thou ?

The resale this year seems odd.. everyone I know who wanted a ticket got one. Maybe the demand just wasn't there.. or people just couldn't afford it?  Would love to know how many went back on sale. 

Yeah don't worry, my return journey plans are easy and sorted. It's all good. I like an adventure.

OTIB meet up at the cider bus maybe...?

• Admin
On 01/04/2022 at 21:56, mozo said:

Yeah don't worry, my return journey plans are easy and sorted. It's all good. I like an adventure.

OTIB meet up at the cider bus maybe...?

Thought I’d replied but yes.. cider bus sounds good. 

• The title was changed to Glastonbury 2022

Ticket arrived Tuesday, can’t wait so much good stuff to try and see on those posters. 
Fancy I’ll be splitting my time between Arcadia, The Glade, West Holts & The Park…. 
4 weeks today and I’ll be immersed in my favourite place on earth in my Glasto bubble. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Ticket arrived Tuesday, can’t wait so much good stuff to try and see on those posters. 
Fancy I’ll be splitting my time between Arcadia, The Glade, West Holts & The Park…. 
4 weeks today and I’ll be immersed in my favourite place on earth in my Glasto bubble. 

Mine got dispatched today.. excited.

• Like 1

I know it's a cliche but there really is something for everybody at Glasto. Will try the ticket lottery next year but it seemed impossible last time tickets were released. 5 of us all trying for tickets and got nothing.

I’ll be there. 

Managed to get a ticket in the resale for the 3rd year running🤯 Unbelievable really.

I’m in good old Benidorm next week, followed by Barcelona the weekend after for a Stag do…. Then this!

Hectic

• Flames 1

Can’t wait to get back on the farm after the long gap since last time.

eagerly anticipating the full lineup drop so I can start working out the terrible clashes.

I have a ticket for Primavera Sound weekend 1 in Barcelona next week, never been before.  Hoping I might be able to catch some acts there to mitigate clashes at Glasto end of June.

that said I’m afraid to get too excited about either until I pass through the festival gates, just in case something scuppers me (covid/ Bristol airport / other). 

fingers crossed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Can’t wait to get back on the farm after the long gap since last time.

eagerly anticipating the full lineup drop so I can start working out the terrible clashes.

I have a ticket for Primavera Sound weekend 1 in Barcelona next week, never been before.  Hoping I might be able to catch some acts there to mitigate clashes at Glasto end of June.

that said I’m afraid to get too excited about either until I pass through the festival gates, just in case something scuppers me (covid/ Bristol airport / other). 

fingers crossed.

Primavera lineup always looks pretty decent, same with Mad Cool (though I've heard mixed things about that one). Always a good idea to head off any potential clashes with another festival 😎. It's always one that we've considered so I'd be intrigued to hear what you think of it.

Just took a look actually.... Tame Impala, The National, The Strokes, Fontaines, Gorillaz.... that is a well strong lineup.

Edited by nebristolred