IGNORED

Harris sacked, replaced by McCarthy at Cardiff

steviestevieneville

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yet only two days ago he signed Perry Ng from Crewe. 

Did he sign him or did someone else have to approve it?

Probably on the recommendation of an analyst, like the Norwich guy last night, then it’s how the manager utilises the players he has.

Football is a results game and Cardiff have ambitious owners who demand results. End of.

Unfortunately for us, we have a wet-blanket for an owner, a board who are happy with toeing the (owners) party line and whom, whilst full of good intentions, do not have the drive, determination or know-how to get this club (and fans) to where it should be after so many years of being the perennial under-achievers.

31 minutes ago, sludge said:

If we never ever recruit physical players, how the hell are we ever going to have a physical team?! 

Ashton brings in ONJ:

b78e002e2f0ed24d395c62cc401fe606.jpg.6a92ab4f888fb983313cca4a4dbfb65f.jpg

And we bloomin' well get physical.

Although, thinking about it: If we let half our squad's bodies "talk," they'll be whingeing "oow!" "It hurts" "Nurse!" "I need another six weeks rest" etc. Ffs.

2 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Because he’s followed the same path since he became owner with the same results.

Except he hasn't.

Thrown money at things - David James for example.

Quick managerial changes - Millen, SOD

Gone long with some managers - LJ

Appointed 'big names' - Coppell 

Backed managers - clubs in bag approach, favoured my LJ, allowing GJ to sign players like magic daps even though he was never a GJ type of player.

Denied managers - Cotts and his ambitious Andre Grey bid.

And now he is some way in to his 5 pillars sustainable approach of youth and experience, giving academy kids a route to the first team supported by experienced players.

There is probably a few more approaches or combinations of approach he has yet to try, but to say he is just doing the same thing all the time is a pretty poor argument.

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Except he hasn't.

Backed managers - clubs in bag approach, favoured my LJ, allowing GJ to sign players like magic daps even though he was never a GJ type of player.

And now he is some way in to his 5 pillars sustainable approach of youth and experience, giving academy kids a route to the first team supported by experienced players.

There is probably a few more approaches or combinations of approach he has yet to try, but to say he is just doing the same thing all the time is a pretty poor argument.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We don’t lack pace with Weimann, Paterson, O’Dowda and Dasilva in the squad.  Semenyo ain’t slow, and nor are the Edwards brothers, and even Jack Hunt is quick.  With a fully fit squad we have a lot of pace.

If that’s the case we certainly aren’t using it in the right way. I can’t remember a time this season where we counter attacked or really stretched anyone with pace.

53 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Except he hasn't.

The key thread being, I know what’s best, which he has proved he doesn’t. That’s what I mean by doing the same thing.

James, was he wanted by the manager?

Millen, SOD unproven, Coppell out of the game for a long time and had to be persuaded and pursued by SL.

Denied Cotts the investment because he wasn’t a yes man.

Etc, etc.

3 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

The key thread being, I know what’s best, which he has proved he doesn’t. That’s what I mean by doing the same thing.

James, was he wanted by the manager?

Millen, SOD unproven, Coppell out of the game for a long time and had to be persuaded and pursued by SL.

Denied Cotts the investment because he wasn’t a yes man.

Etc, etc.

You are calling out excuses to fit your narrative, the reality is that different things have been tried.

He has been hands on, hands off and somewhere in between, reality is we were am average league one side (in reality) when he got involved and we are now an established Championship side competing without parachute payments.

Have mistakes been made? Yes.

Has he had value for money? No.

Should he shoulder some of the blame for some of the money wasted? Absolutely.

But to say he doesn't want promotion, when 2 or 3 years top flight football could - in theory - give him a positive return on investment....

Back to you as to why he doesn't want promotion.

3 hours ago, sludge said:

Think I’m right is saying that under his ownership, Cardiff have been promoted to the premier league twice. 

During the same time we’ve been promoted to the premier league zero times. 

Yes that’s right. They made the play offs last year - that alone matches our “achievements” under SL. 

Archived