IGNORED

Boring Sports to watch

Super

1 hour ago, Super said:

Is there any sport more boring to watch than Bowls? Sorry @Robbored!

In no particular order......F1 so unbelievably dull, fastest  car wins...........:sleeping: Basketball.....throwing a ball thru a hoop... and the team with the most tall players wins.........:facepalm: Boxing........Two blokes punching each other predominantly in the head........why? :dunno: 

I avoid all three with a passion.

As for bowls, like cricket if a person doesn’t understand the sport then they find it boring........

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Rugby.

My third favourite sport behind football and cricket. 

6 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Now don't get me wrong I like looking at the sky every now and then - a lovely summers day, a good sunset. But golf on TV I just don't get.

Ryder cup is well worth it, outside that I generally just watch last day of a major at most

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In no particular order......F1 so unbelievably dull, fastest  car wins...........:sleeping: Basketball.....throwing a ball thru a hoop... and the team with the most tall players wins.........:facepalm: Boxing........Two blokes punching each other predominantly in the head........why? :dunno: 

I avoid all three with a passion.

As for bowls, like cricket if a person doesn’t understand the sport then they find it boring........

My third favourite sport behind football and cricket. 

I do understand Bowls and its prob more interesting playing it but jeez just so boring watching. Agree on basketball though.

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In no particular order......F1 

A genuine question RR.My belief is that when each player has played their three(?) bowls(woods?),the bowl or bowls (if from the same player) nearest the jack,take the points.If I am correct, this is pretty straightforward, not much to understand. I am certainly not underrating the level of skill involved though.

P.S.Please excuse excessive use of brackets. 

15 minutes ago, Slacker said:

A genuine question RR.My belief is that when each player has played their three(?) bowls(woods?),the bowl or bowls (if from the same player) nearest the jack,take the points.If I am correct, this is pretty straightforward, not much to understand. I am certainly not underrating the level of skill involved though.

P.S.Please excuse excessive use of brackets. 

There are various formats in bowls - Singles each player has 4 bowls usually it’s first to 21 but another way with singles is sets. Again each player has 4 woods and plays 11 ends per set. If it’s 1-1 then three ends are played but the shot count is irrelevant- it’s about winning the end,

Pairs - 4 bowls each 18 ends.

Triples - 3 bowls each - 18 ends.

Fours - each player has 2 woods - usually 18 ends.

The scoring is dead simple. The bowl nearest the Jack counts as 1 and if you have second nearest as well that’s 2 and so on.......

Its how you score shots that makes the game so fascinating.

41 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

American Football, Basketball, Baseball

I’d forgotten baseball....or rounders as I call it. My daughter and her fella were in NY and he ‘treated’ her to NY Yankees game - she reckoned she’d never been so bored in her life.................:sleeping:

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’d forgotten baseball....or rounders as I call it. My daughter and her fella were in NY and he ‘treated’ her to NY Yankees game - she reckoned she’d never been so bored in her life.................:sleeping:

Considering she's known you all her life, that's some statement!        :laughcont:

I really enjoy the NFL and NBA,  great highlight sports too if you don’t want to sit thrown whole games with all the big hits and catches / dunks etc. can’t get on board with baseball though and struggle with ice hockey (can’t ever see where the puck is ha)

I used to really like watching tennis, and still enjoy it, but with all the amazing baseline players the matches at the top of grandslams take forever these days. When Murray/federer/nadal and djoko were all playing great it felt like you had to commit 6 hours to watch a full match 

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Horse racing? That’s a scandalous comment 

No, I find it incredibly tedious as well.  I never bet, and that's 98% of the reason folk watch it. 

And I'm going to break ranks and say I find televised snooker boring as well.

The odd frame OK, and I can appreciate the subtleties and skill of the top players. I don't mind playing the game myself either.

But spend hours watching two dull blokes in waistcoats try to be the first to 9 frames or whatever. Er, no thanks. Point me in the direction of the British Paint Drying Championship instead.

On 21/01/2021 at 21:36, Rob k said:

Horse racing? That’s a scandalous comment 

If you don’t bet then I can see why you’d find it boring. Personally I like it - especially jump racing.

I find American sports a bit boring but have been live to a few and it’s decent. 

Most others I like. Golf is great for the majors and Ryder cup. Nothing better than test cricket either although like all forms of the game. 

Amazed no one has mentioned marathons and Tour de France (which I like watching myself). 

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

If you don’t bet then I can see why you’d find it boring. Personally I like it - especially jump racing.

I find American sports a bit boring but have been live to a few and it’s decent. 

Most others I like. Golf is great for the majors and Ryder cup. Nothing better than test cricket either although like all forms of the game. 

Amazed no one has mentioned marathons and Tour de France (which I like watching myself). 

Me too, I love watching it. It`s all the peripheral stuff, history of the areas they`re cycling through, the scenery and all that. For a lot of the day on the flat stages nothing really happens but there is always something to watch.

Archived