IGNORED

What is our football identity?

Bassomylord

One of the criticisms of LJ was that we had no real identity as a side.....one minute we were playing exciting attacking football, then drab build up from the back to containing sides and looking to nick a goal.

Top teams in this league have identity and at the moment we have none. We work hard and try and nick a goal....that isn't identity.

Norwich have a stack of injuries but have a real core identity that is tweaked.....in fact the majority of clubs in this league do.....we don't.

You know what you're going to get when we play Norwich Brentford QPR .....we know what we're gena get when we play Millwall Wycombe Boro Brum and Cardiff.

But with us we have nothing, no identity, changing shape every couple of games, no plan A.

All we have is work hard and hope for the best.....what is going on om the training ground? Why aren't we playing with a real style and vision.....and before people say "injuries"....its not just us.

We do - Soft. Too nice. Too cosy!

Has been for years with insestual appointments and nice guy appointments. 

If SL really wants the PL hes going to need to get a nasty b@stard manager and go against all of his previous instincts of control. 

I hate Warnock football but you know we’d have fired up players every week and an ounce of ‘identity’!

To start with, it was as he said I think. We looked pretty reasonable in the early games, especially Stoke away. However since the injuries kicked in its been just try and hang on and score. Which is understandable given the players he has had. 

I will judge him at a later date when things are normal on many levels.

I'm also not convinced its that easy in the championship to have a really strong identity when teams are as evenly matched as they are.

27 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

One of the criticisms of LJ was that we had no real identity as a side.....one minute we were playing exciting attacking football, then drab build up from the back to containing sides and looking to nick a goal.

Top teams in this league have identity and at the moment we have none. We work hard and try and nick a goal....that isn't identity.

Norwich have a stack of injuries but have a real core identity that is tweaked.....in fact the majority of clubs in this league do.....we don't.

You know what you're going to get when we play Norwich Brentford QPR .....we know what we're gena get when we play Millwall Wycombe Boro Brum and Cardiff.

But with us we have nothing, no identity, changing shape every couple of games, no plan A.

All we have is work hard and hope for the best.....what is going on om the training ground? Why aren't we playing with a real style and vision.....and before people say "injuries"....its not just us.

This is the main concern for me at present. 

We have absolutely no direction, identity or style what so ever. It will always take time for a new manager/coach to implement their own ideas and style but you would still from time to time hope to see some indication of what it is we are trying to do and how we want to play. I have seen none of that under Holden. What are we even good at doing as a team? Defending? Attacking? Keeping the ball? Creating chances? Stretching sides? Playing out from the back? Comfortable in possession? Pressing? What type of side are we?

We just seem totally rudderless and just blag our way through when we win matches. To me there seems no plan or process. I would never expect play offs, no matter who was in charge. I would like to us to be pushing for promotion like we all would but the champ is very competitive and we have no right to expect that. Surely what we can expect is to at least be able to play in a certain way or style or at the very least see potential of how it is we want to play going forward?

I just don't see what Holden is trying to do. I get we have injuries and lets be fair any side would struggle to be consistent with as many as we have but in a round about way its no different to sides that have to rebuild each year after selling players. Lots of clubs lose players, rebuild etc but the fundamentals remain, the way of playing and style remains consistent. This is why to me, the injuries aren't an excuse. Yes they don't help but there is nothing to suggest things will improve drastically when those players return as there is no plan in place at all. We are a pretty difficult watch.  

No problems being a mid table champ side chasing the dream, selling our best players etc if we play good football with some sort of plan or direction. 

Archived