IGNORED

Chris Brunt article

steviestevieneville

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m not saying he’s not a decent bloke, and my Baggies mates absolutely worship him - in fact they want him back - but with the wages we were paying him, he has to be considered right up there with the likes of Kent & Diony... and Wells!

What wage was he on?

On 22/01/2021 at 13:09, steviestevieneville said:

Basically he didn’t want to get paid when he couldn’t play and it could be the end of his career . There were plenty saying he was just here to pick up a few quid though. Just goes to show none of us really know what’s going on with a player. 

Before regarding him as a martyr though I think you have to bear in mind that he would have been commuting from the Midlands every day to turn up for rehabilitation. I wouldn't mind betting that he just couldn't be arsed with that seeing as he wasn't worried about making ends meet.

I was pretty disappointed with him to be honest, i had a feeling his legs would have gone but i was expecting an experienced head who could potentially sit and dictate the tempo of a game for us, clearly he just didn’t have it in him. 

13 minutes ago, bris red said:

I was pretty disappointed with him to be honest, i had a feeling his legs would have gone but i was expecting an experienced head who could potentially sit and dictate the tempo of a game for us, clearly he just didn’t have it in him. 

In fairness to Brunt, he was played out of position at CM. According to my WBA mate Brunt is a a left winger and that is all he does and all he has ever been. 

1 hour ago, City Rocker said:

In fairness to Brunt, he was played out of position at CM. According to my WBA mate Brunt is a a left winger and that is all he does and all he has ever been. 

He'd dropped back to left back. Why on earth someone thought at 36 he could just become a central midfielder in the Championship is mental. Fantasy football. I knew we were in trouble when he pushed Eliasson off corners in an early Carling Cup match. Not a good sign at all..

33 minutes ago, The Bard said:

He'd dropped back to left back. Why on earth someone thought at 36 he could just become a central midfielder in the Championship is mental. Fantasy football. I knew we were in trouble when he pushed Eliasson off corners in an early Carling Cup match. Not a good sign at all..

I assumed on him signing that he’d play LWB or even LCB (at a push).  Was very surprised to see him play CM.

On 22/01/2021 at 14:56, Fordy62 said:

I’m not saying he’s not a decent bloke, and my Baggies mates absolutely worship him - in fact they want him back - but with the wages we were paying him, he has to be considered right up there with the likes of Kent & Diony... and Wells!

On 22/01/2021 at 14:58, Davefevs said:

What wage was he on?

On 22/01/2021 at 14:59, Fordy62 said:

No idea, but I think we can imagine it would’ve been a fair whack, don’t you think?

Classic OTIB! Criticise a player for the salary he is earning before admitting you don’t have a clue how much he earns! Makes me feel better ... cheers guys! ??

4 hours ago, mozo said:

Before regarding him as a martyr though I think you have to bear in mind that he would have been commuting from the Midlands every day to turn up for rehabilitation. I wouldn't mind betting that he just couldn't be arsed with that seeing as he wasn't worried about making ends meet.

I did post long before it became public knowledge he was commuting every day .

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Classic OTIB! Criticise a player for the salary he is earning before admitting you don’t have a clue how much he earns! Makes me feel better ... cheers guys! ??

I don’t need to have seen his P60 to tell you he was on a fair whack - a fair whack he wasn’t worth. 

5 hours ago, Banned User said:

CM/LW/CB, whatever you think, there were no excuses for his awful kicking. Set pieces & when in play, his crossing was abysmal.

Yours would be as well if you had just spent 2 hours sat in the back of a car just to get to work :whistle:

To be fair to the guy, he could have just carried on picking up his paycheque every week for a year whilst rehabbing. Yes we would have probably/definitely come to a mutually beneficial payoff, but he didn't want to go that route.

One of those players who has had a decent honest career, but made one move too many. Just unfortunate that we seem to have signed a few of those over the years....

Another one of those players that when you hear about them signing, just leaves you scratching your head and saying "what a great signing he would have been 3 or 4 years ago".

19 hours ago, bris red said:

Legend at The Baggies leg end here unfortunately. Good luck to him tho.

2 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

Good luck to him.

Not sure he did anything to warrant our best wishes - clearly left because he couldn't be bothered to make the commute and not play - it was nothing to do with helping us.

I hope he fails miserably as he will be likely coaching our opponents next season.

15 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t need to have seen his P60 to tell you he was on a fair whack - a fair whack he wasn’t worth. 

Fair play Fordy - I appreciate the reply - but your post compared Brunt’s salary to the salaries of Ryan Kent, Lois Diony and Nahki Wells - and I’m assuming you have no knowledge of their salaries either - but maybe you do - it’s an interesting debate - cheers ?

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play Fordy - I appreciate the reply - but your post compared Brunt’s salary to the salaries of Ryan Kent, Lois Diony and Nahki Wells - and I’m assuming you have no knowledge of their salaries either - but maybe you do - it’s an interesting debate - cheers ?

Just an educated guess that he’d be a high earner... which he undoubtedly would have been. I think I posted that he was on 37k at WBA, you don’t drop from that to 10, or even 15k - not least when you’re driving from the Midlands to Bristol most days!

Archived