IGNORED

Massengo pre-match presser

Davefevs

10 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

I went the other way, I was a full back and gained muscle mass and areas of my game I improved but could not get my passes off and felt slower over 5 yards, just felt out of kilter with my brain. Fitter, yes, but in the wrong way for me.

Hard to explain!!

As someone who studies neuroscience - feeling out of kilter with your brain is pretty much what happens. Your brain often plays catch-up with your body through puberty as you grow and then eventually gets used to it to have these ultra-fast 'commands' to initiate any movement you want. Suddenly changing your body means your brain has to spend a few extra milliseconds recalibrating these commands to fit your new body. Over time it will adjust and become natural. For Massengo, imagine that but on an elite sports level where all your competitors have been fine-tuning these movements for years, particularly with almost everyone he faces being years further into their careers. Good that he's aware he still needs to learn what he can do, personally I'm confident he can improve and become a top player

Last couple of games he's clearly been emerging from his shell, definitely does seem stronger n not being pushed around so much. Good to see him wallop one against Preston - been crying out for a player to do that for so long. If this is the new HNM then we could have the player we hoped for on signing. 

Archived