IGNORED

Protractors...

spudski

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

It was good wasn’t it Spuds. 
Actual movement off the ball. Do my eyes deceive me ?

Didn't see the whole game but from what I saw was encouraged. Thought we lost a bit of our cohesion once we made all the substitution's. Good win though.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

It was good wasn’t it Spuds. 
Actual movement off the ball. Do my eyes deceive me ?

Certainly put a smile on my face...so simple to. Give and go...all over the pitch. Made angles to receive ball and also to create space...a joy to watch.

Certainly a far better performance today against a team who haven’t won at home in 8 than it was against Norwich midweek. The quality of the opposition really does make a huge difference ...................:cool2:

Six changes as well.......Deano will have a selection headache now.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Certainly a far better performance today against a team who haven’t won at home in 8 than it was against Norwich midweek. The quality of the opposition really does make a huge difference ...................:cool2:

Six changes as well.......Deano will have a selection headache now.

I think you full stop button might be sticky?

Wasn't impressed with Millwall they do look awful. We actually played a decent game today especially second half, Semenyo just looks quality but been saying that for a few seasons now and one for me is Edwards that kid definitely has something after coming on,He looks sharp with some good movement think we will be seeing more of him, Hopefully.

4 minutes ago, Street red said:

Wasn't impressed with Millwall they do look awful. We actually played a decent game today especially second half, Semenyo just looks quality but been saying that for a few seasons now and one for me is Edwards that kid definitely has something after coming on,He looks sharp with some good movement think we will be seeing more of him, Hopefully.

I think it was a bit of a second string for them to be fair.

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

...at last...they found them. 

Sod the score...angles, blooming loads of them. Made my night. ?❤️

And Antoine had a new compass to show him the direction to goal.

Not saying he was brilliant (but decent game), but on a slick surface how good / assured was Palmer’s touch generally and with a man up his arse.  He always shows, even when he shouldn’t really be passed to.  When you’ve got a midfielder like that who always give you an option it means you can take a touch too without fear of being left isolated.  A few lovely reverse passes too, for Vyner and Bakinson to stride on to through the lines.

6 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I think it was a bit of a second string for them to be fair.

Yes, they made 8 changes, and were very poor imo. We did what we had to do, played some decent stuff at times.

Without wanting to sound negative, Millwall were probably the worst side we have played against in quite a while though!.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Yes, they made 8 changes, and were very poor imo. We did what we had to do, played some decent stuff at times.

Without wanting to sound negative, Millwall were probably the worst side we have played against in quite a while though!.

We beat them pretty comfortably in the end though so thats a good sign!

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Yes, Their starting line-up has made the following Champ STARTS (24 max) this season!

Fielding 0

Romeo 18

Cooper 23

Pearce 12

Ferguson 7

Thompson 16

Leonard 22

Bennett 18

Bradshaw 15

Zohore 7

Parrott 11

Its hardly 8 reserves is it?  We were a bit frightened on the ball opening 20, but we got into our stride and gradually took over the game....yes, there were scrappy spells, but there was no real “under the cosh” spell.  They might not be very good, but that was a professional away victory today, with plenty of encouraging signs.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, Their starting line-up has made the following Champ STARTS (24 max) this season!

Fielding 0

Romeo 18

Cooper 23

Pearce 12

Ferguson 7

Thompson 16

Leonard 22

Bennett 18

Bradshaw 15

Zohore 7

Parrott 11

Its hardly 8 reserves is it?  We were a bit frightened on the ball opening 20, but we got into our stride and gradually took over the game....yes, there were scrappy spells, but there was no real “under the cosh” spell.  They might not be very good, but that was a professional away victory today, with plenty of encouraging signs.

Dave! I’m not here for a debate. I’m happy with the win.

Im just pointing out they made 8 changes from a side that won away from home in midweek.

Surely you can see the relevance here!

20 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

We played our strongest team available pretty much and like you said Millwall rested a hell of a lot,any win is good at tho moment though so will take it 

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fielding 0

Romeo 18

Cooper 23

Pearce 12

Ferguson 7

Thompson 16

Leonard 22

Bennett 18

Bradshaw 15

Zohore 7

Parrott 11

It’s not reserve’s no but what the appearance stats show means absolutely nothing,how many have started in the same game in their correct positions etc 

Archived