IGNORED

Protractors...

spudski

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

And Antoine had a new compass to show him the direction to goal.

Not saying he was brilliant (but decent game), but on a slick surface how good / assured was Palmer’s touch generally and with a man up his arse.  He always shows, even when he shouldn’t really be passed to.  When you’ve got a midfielder like that who always give you an option it means you can take a touch too without fear of being left isolated.  A few lovely reverse passes too, for Vyner and Bakinson to stride on to through the lines.

I think all our midfield played well Dave. All showed for the ball, all created angles and space to receive.

So nice to see players moving and coming for the ball...instead of just standing still, or running behind into no space.

It was very simple...and you know I'm going to use the phrase, but all four Semenyo, Bakinson , Vyner and Palmer moved naturally. Even if you haven't played together for a long time, you can make natural movements for one another.

We didn't do anything magical...it was very simple football.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Dave! I’m not here for a debate. I’m happy with the win.

Im just pointing out they made 8 changes from a side that won away from home in midweek.

Surely you can see the relevance here!

I wasn’t debating either.

Just adding some context to their team for others that might want to suggest they fielded a weakened team.

We made 6 changes.

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s not reserve’s no but what the appearance stats show means absolutely nothing,how many have started in the same game in their correct positions etc 

I can’t name one Millwall player today who played out of position, they all played in their natural positions.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I think all our midfield played well Dave. All showed for the ball, all created angles and space to receive.

So nice to see players moving and coming for the ball...instead of just standing still, or running behind into no space.

It was very simple...and you know I'm going to use the phrase, but all four Semenyo, Bakinson , Vyner and Palmer moved naturally. Even if you haven't played together for a long time, you can make natural movements for one another.

We didn't do anything magical...it was very simple football.

The movement is much better with Bakinson & Palmer, Vyner does everything very simplyWells & Fam coming deeper on occasion. The problem early on was a familiar one, bad passing lets us down so often. Later in the game, keeping it simple to feet, we actually looked a good side. We started finding passes through and between their press.  Was pleased with Semenyo's goal, coming central to pickup a great ball from Wells who'd pulled wide to get the ball. Looks simple when it comes off,

2 hours ago, Midred said:

Possibility of playing percentages for rest of season - go for it with good winning chances and limit the damage in others a la Norwich, Swansea, Watford?

(Probably talking bol***ks, I usually am!)

Not talking bollocks at all

3 hours ago, DaveF said:

I think it was a bit of a second string for them to be fair.

Have to agree they didn't look the same team that beat us this season, I think certain parts of our game today looked good a improvement from previous but you only beat what's in front of you, I'm not getting over excited we've got a hell of a long way to go before we can say we are promotion contenders.

11 minutes ago, Street red said:

Have to agree they didn't look the same team that beat us this season, I think certain parts of our game today looked good a improvement from previous but you only beat what's in front of you, I'm not getting over excited we've got a hell of a long way to go before we can say we are promotion contenders.

But good to give a few squad players a run out. Watched bits of first half and most of 2nd but thought Palmer was good as was Moore and O'Leary. Rowe was non stop getting stuck in. Great to see Semenyo score and hopefully help his confidence. Probably a game of diminished importance but still shows we can perform at a good level. 

Archived