IGNORED

Credit where credit is due?

headhunter

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/credit-where-credit-is-due-1611476356/

It has been suggested by some that myself and Ian in particular from our merry band come across as a couple of grumpy old gits!! I'll make no apology for that as for most of the past 3 years it has been easy to present that degree of negativity. But in this recording of last night's Forever Bristol City Live Podcast we all show that we are always prepared to give credit when it is due.

Millwall were poor, they looked like us on so many of the bad days we've endured, but we put in a sparkling performance capped by Semenyo's fine effort which wrapped the game up. The youngsters did well and if Dan Bentley is the next player out of the door for an 8-figure transfer fee then in Max O'Leary we have, in my opinion, an able replacement.

In the debate we looked forward to the next two league games where 4 points is the minimum requirement to maintain a play off challenge. We also give our opinion on what Mark Ashton had to say in his interview with @GeeMacGee and whether Geoff 20man will give him a tougher grilling on Monday's SOTC

You are grumpy and so negative that's why people switch you off. I know you went to some away games in the past 3 seasons and whenever we dug out a draw or a good win (of which there were more than you've ever seen in previous years) you couldn't find it in you to praise the club we travel thousands of miles to watch. 

Keep up the podcasts guys, enjoy giving them a listen sometimes.

One slight criticism would be the poor production, I think the podcast would be a much more enjoyable listen if there wasn't the constant talking over eachother. 

24 minutes ago, headhunter said:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/credit-where-credit-is-due-1611476356/

It has been suggested by some that myself and Ian in particular from our merry band come across as a couple of grumpy old gits!! I'll make no apology for that as for most of the past 3 years it has been easy to present that degree of negativity. But in this recording of last night's Forever Bristol City Live Podcast we all show that we are always prepared to give credit when it is due.

Millwall were poor, they looked like us on so many of the bad days we've endured, but we put in a sparkling performance capped by Semenyo's fine effort which wrapped the game up. The youngsters did well and if Dan Bentley is the next player out of the door for an 8-figure transfer fee then in Max O'Leary we have, in my opinion, an able replacement.

In the debate we looked forward to the next two league games where 4 points is the minimum requirement to maintain a play off challenge. We also give our opinion on what Mark Ashton had to say in his interview with @GeeMacGee and whether Geoff 20man will give him a tougher grilling on Monday's SOTC

Totally agree head hunter. Even iam eating humble pie after the win as I suspected we would lose. The league is more important than an FA Cup run. in the week we need to win the next league match. Then we need to keep winning. we will know by the end of next weekend if the win at Millwall was the turning point or just another fluke and we go back to inconsistent football.

OK if we did get to the quarter finals or even the semi finals in the FA Cup it would bring some hope but not the feeling of a dedicated and honest promotion push.

Your comment about Bentley "next player out of the door" have I missed something as without Bentley and no dispespect to Max we may as well give up now.

6 hours ago, City oz said:

Your comment about Bentley "next player out of the door" have I missed something as without Bentley and no disrespect to Max we may as well give up now.

The finances for the year to May 2021 will show a loss, I reckon, in excess of £25M. The only player we have right now who could draw an 8-figure transfer fee  and mitigate some of that loss is Dan Bentley. In following years it is quite feasible that Semenyo, Vyner & Bakinson could attract similar.

Archived