IGNORED

Highest scoring foreigner ever??

Partridge is a robin

9 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Which itself draws on the more extensive list on the club OS.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/club-history/all-time-goalscorers/

Fam needs 3 more to make the list.

At that point he would, I think, be the first non-British player on there. I don't know that for sure but none of those names are non-British to my knowledge.

He'd be the first to score 50 in a single spell with the club since Peacock in 2004 and the first overall since Murray left at the end of his second spell in 2009.

Special player.

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

At that point he would, I think, be the first non-British player on there. I don't know that for sure but none of those names are non-British to my knowledge.

He'd be the first to score 50 in a single spell with the club since Peacock in 2004 and the first overall since Murray left at the end of his second spell in 2009.

Special player.

Did Brian Clark wear a pomaded periwig, stockings and buckled shoes?

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Special player.

Soccerbase .... has Famara on 47

Shaun Goater on 45

Can't think of anyone who could be higher. Obviously because our official site list starts at 50...

Also 89 - Brian Clark (215, 1660-66)

1660???

10 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Shaun Goater on 45

Can't think of anyone who could be higher. Obviously because our official site list starts at 50...

1660???

It's weird because we're in this position where players will only make this list of they're good...but not too good. 

If they're too good and bag 20+ in a season then they get bought by a club with more money.

But if, like Fam, they trot along at 12-15 league goals a season, then they stay, and slowly build a record.

If he leaves this summer then injury permitting he'll probably end on something like 60 in 180 or so. A similar record to Lee Peacock.

If he signs...who knows. The 100 would certainly be possible.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's weird because we're in this position where players will only make this list of they're good...but not too good. 

If they're too good and bag 20+ in a season then they get bought by a club with more money.

But if, like Fam, they trot along at 12-15 league goals a season, then they stay, and slowly build a record.

If he leaves this summer then injury permitting he'll probably end on something like 60 in 180 or so. A similar record to Lee Peacock.

If he signs...who knows. The 100 would certainly be possible.

Totally, Leroy Lita was one (half) season away from making the list. 38 goals.

In order to set records, you need to be average at the level you play at, not money motivated because you'd still be smart financially to let your contract run down and test the market.

And if you just chug along being average for a long time, people will try to replace you as they seek to get better.

Even Louis Carey left, and he'd have missed the record appearances if he didn't suck/get homesick/whatever at Coventry.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Special player.

‘Special  Player’ ?

Blimey

Wouldn't even come into my thought process when thinking about ‘Special Players’ I think about in a City shirt

3 hours ago, Prinny said:

Shaun Goater on 45

1660???

When Brian Clark played for us, we were known as Ye Brigstowe Towne. 

On 24/01/2021 at 12:54, ExiledAjax said:

Special player.

Bobby 'Shadow' Williams

What a name 

Peacock is essentially the highest scorer this century with 0 appearances in the 90s

Must be close between him and Murray for top scorer this century. 

33 minutes ago, The turtle said:

Bobby 'Shadow' Williams

What a name 

Peacock is essentially the highest scorer this century with 0 appearances in the 90s

Must be close between him and Murray for top scorer this century. 

I've no idea how many Murray scored pre-2000 and how many he scored after. But yeh it'll be between those two.

I suspect therefore that Diedhiou is currently our third highest scoring player this century. And may need only 15 or so more to take the top spot.

Archived