IGNORED

Lampard out today? : UPDATE He's gone

Leveller

1 minute ago, Bassomylord said:

Maasively out of his depth.

I think that's harsh. Yes a young manager, with not many managerial years under his belt, but as a player he had a very senior role, knew what it took to win, worked under some great managers and would have had the respect from his players. 18 months for a Chelsea manager is about par

26 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Consequence as well of spending £220m odd in one summer, wonder if he'd have had the same pressure if he'd continued with the youngsters and only brought in one or two.

He didn’t sign any of them apparently, were put on him, he asked to sign Rice and Tarkowski

33 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Question for any manager at Chelsea is when the sacking comes, not if.............Frank knew that better than anyone.

The £10m+ he'll pocket when he leaves will probably ease the pain though.

Could always do a job on Loose Woman with his Mrs.

Just read on the BBC website that Abramovich has paid out £110m in compensation for sacking managers!

His mate John Terry could always do a job on loose women! ;)

It’s an interesting tale.

Lampard last season had a free hit because of the embargo. He blooded loads of players, and had no choice but to do so. Expectations broadly exceeded.

This season, he’s been able to spend, and spend big. It’s interesting that Klopp, who assumedly has good knowledge of Werner from his contacts , passed when Liverpool were favourites but Lampard took him on. The signings of good players such as Havertz and Zicech seemed like decent business but it’s questionable to how much they were needed with Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi etc already on board. So you’re left to buy a keeper on the relative cheap, and your centre halves still look shaky.

My broad read is that he did well last year, but given opportunity to reshape the squad, has made it more lopsided and not solved the issues he had. And that, together with the pressure of needing to make CL places, means he’s got the bullet.

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He didn’t sign any of them apparently, were put on him, he asked to sign Rice and Tarkowski

Interesting, I thought he at least wanted Chilwell, clear that he asked for a new keeper at least even if he didn't ask for Mendy specifically. Really hasn't got enough out of Werner and Havertz even so though, £72m player sat on the bench most weeks.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

When was the last time a romantic appointment worked out?

Lampard was exactly the sort of appointment we’re used to seeing here at City. Someone who hasn’t done enough to deserve the job - but wouldn’t it be lovely if he did well?

Almost seems a match made in heaven, club who like to sign players from Chelsea hire manager who loans players from Chelsea 

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Lampard was exactly the sort of appointment we’re used to seeing here at City. Someone who hasn’t done enough to deserve the job - but wouldn’t it be lovely if he did well?

I thought you were a big fan of Lee Johnson after his time as player and manager? Did you not see the romance in that tenure? 

20 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Would love to see Rafa Benitez back in England. Just left China 

8 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Never realised he was working working abroad with John Lewis ,assumed he was still in football.

Having left china with John Lewis, he’s coming back to one of their UK stores to work in menswear.

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Almost seems a match made in heaven, club who like to sign players from Chelsea hire manager who loans players from Chelsea 

And he's qualified in losing Championship Play-Off Finals. What we wouldn't do for that right now. A perfect fit for City. 

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Me and Mrs Downend seem to have done OK after 43 years. 

Mind you I’m still not sure how much improved performance I’ve seen after so much spending, so might need to review the appointment! :D

6 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

'recent results and performances haven't met the clubs fans expectations' 

We'd have a new manager every week if this applied to us OTIB ??

Now it’s accurate!

• The title was changed to Lampard out today? : UPDATE He's gone
52 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Well I suppose it's like kind of like he got offered his dream job maybe? 
I don't think he is a great Manager, I just do not like Chelsea's ethos as a club at all, and i'd much rather see a young English/British coach given a chance than a big named foreign coach. 

The exact reason I hope Twatford don't go back up to the Prem this season

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Im not sure Southampton would break their model to go get Lampard. It'll be chat chap from Leipzig

Their model of appointing successful proven managers as opposed to inexperienced ones with that used to be good players?

No they won't as they know what they're doing.

Archived