IGNORED

Lampard out today? : UPDATE He's gone

Leveller

1 hour ago, Super said:

Tuchel is the most overrated manager around.

It probably won't be long before he has words with the board, he's not a yes man and has form for getting into trouble with the boards of previous clubs. So the merry-go-round will continue at Chelsea, mark my words. Lampard will come out of this with lot's of money and it won't be long until he finds another club and not necessarily in the Prem.

Hope they don’t win another game. No ‘big name’ manager would have touched that job at the time Lampard got it because of their transfer embargo. He got them into the champions league playing youngsters and this is how they repay him, sacked months later when they’re in the last 16 of the CL, 5 points off the top 4 in the PL & in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Joke!

16 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

is he any good as a manager or is it only because of who he is that he is considered to be instantly good enough?

Not sure, maybe ask some supporters of Wayne Rooney's Derby County.

Wonder how long, and how much it takes/costs for a club of Derby's stature to change their name so often.... 

To be fair, Lampard got Chelsea into a decent position by playing kids because of the embargo. As mentioned previously, nobody with experience would have taken Chelsea on at that time. He did well at Derby, but most people should have done well with the players there at that time.

Is he good enough? Think perhaps we'll have to wait and see where his next job is, and see how that pans out. Let's be fair, he's not going to get a job at one of the bigger clubs, and only got the Chelsea one because of who he is, and the situation they were in at the time.

Typical Abramovich though, doesn't give a lot of time before it's the next person's turn.

1 hour ago, Dottie said:

Hope they don’t win another game. No ‘big name’ manager would have touched that job at the time Lampard got it because of their transfer embargo. He got them into the champions league playing youngsters and this is how they repay him, sacked months later when they’re in the last 16 of the CL, 5 points off the top 4 in the PL & in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Joke!

Tend to agree. Thought he did ok given the constraints he had to work with.

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

When was the last time a romantic appointment worked out?

Exactly.  I'm having an arranged marriage next time.

As for Lampard, I think it's harsh.   Did really well last year, and this season it was always gonna take time to bed in so many new players. 

You gotta wonder where he goes next after getting his dream job so early in his career.  I think he needs a club with some stability and a chairman that gives his manager some time to achieve success.  I don't think that will be City, but club like us with a patient chairman is what he needs almost regardless of what level that is at. 

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Here’s a silver lining to anyone upset at this news:

That would be the worst part about the slimmest chance if Lampard ended up here. 

Chances if the Gerrard pursuit were true we go after Lampard and fail and then settle for Scholes? :laugh:

Archived