Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Kasey Palmer - Huddersfield pre-match presser (Chris Hull - Sky)


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

 

Being pedantic, but wouldn’t we need to soar towards the play offs, rather than swoop?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Being pedantic, but wouldn’t we need to soar towards the play offs, rather than swoop?

No, no, you misunderstand  

We will be top two going into the last few games and then swoop down to achieve a fantastic sixth placed finish!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No, no, you misunderstand  

We will be top two going into the last few games and then swoop down to achieve a fantastic seventh placed finish!

Fixed that for you.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No, no, you misunderstand  

We will be top two going into the last few games and then stumble down to achieve a fantastic mid table finish!

 

9 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Fixed that for you.

Fixed the fix for you! :D

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope I’m wrong about Kasey and was slightly harsh on him Saturday with hindsight . I love a flair player but I think he can produce a lot more than he has , not just for us but in his career . Was amazed Holden played him narrow in a 4 against Norwich and imo was very poor defensively (not on his own though) still don’t know what his best position is , or will get the best out of him. Maybe as a wide forward in a 433 or maybe in a 3 but having williams who’s more box to box and Nagy in there as well. I hope he keeps improving but as things stand , I’d be surprised if he wasn’t moved on in the summer. Hope he proves me wrong though. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great shout the person who suggested Palmer wide left a while back. I think it really suits him. Very early to say for sure, but early signs are promising I think. Norwich was not so good, but we maybe needed one up top and an extra body in midfield in that game to help out Palmer and all others in the midfield.

I liked on the weekend how he wasn't too fancy. There were a few moments of brilliance like one outstanding cross field pass 2nd half. But a more basic version of Palmer will see him make passes better than most like those passes round the corner when I thought he was going to pass it backwards.

Work rate good on the weekend, but needs to be able to last 90. Games will help him hopefully build his fitness to be able to achieve that. 

Happy with 60 odd minutes of him playing well though with good options to come on for him.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Really hope I’m wrong about Kasey and was slightly harsh on him Saturday with hindsight . I love a flair player but I think he can produce a lot more than he has , not just for us but in his career . Was amazed Holden played him narrow in a 4 against Norwich and imo was very poor defensively (not on his own though) still don’t know what his best position is , or will get the best out of him. Maybe as a wide forward in a 433 or maybe in a 3 but having williams who’s more box to box and Nagy in there as well. 

Thats it  no one really knows what his best position is.... a wide player midfield player 🤔  I always thought behind the strikers in the middle, I wonder if there is some media interview somewhere, where KP actually says what he thinks is his best role ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Great shout the person who suggested Palmer wide left a while back. I think it really suits him. Very early to say for sure, but early signs are promising I think. Norwich was not so good, but we maybe needed one up top and an extra body in midfield in that game to help out Palmer and all others in the midfield.

I liked on the weekend how he wasn't too fancy. There were a few moments of brilliance like one outstanding cross field pass 2nd half. But a more basic version of Palmer will see him make passes better than most like those passes round the corner when I thought he was going to pass it backwards.

Work rate good on the weekend, but needs to be able to last 90. Games will help him hopefully build his fitness to be able to achieve that. 

Happy with 60 odd minutes of him playing well though with good options to come on for him.

 


Not saying I was the “one” you are referring to, but I was definitely a poster who said that if we are going to persist with 442 I’d possibly consider weaning him back in the wide role, coming narrow, because I’d seen him play there for Derby and Blackburn (Dack stopped him playing in favoured position)...and I don’t think from a fitness / match sharpness point of view it was right to start him centrally straight off.  Got to build him up.  You expose him less too whilst he does that.

Re him playing more simple, having a proactive runner like Wells makes a vast difference....because when he gets the ball (and he has a quality first touch), he can get his head up and see a runner.  That concerns defenders, because he can pick THAT pass.  As it happened he made more passes with Fam than he did Nahki, but it perhaps demonstrates how to the naked eye, Fam had a relatively quiet game, yet he linked with Palmer because Wells dragged his marker deep meaning Fam’s marker couldn’t go as tight when Fam peeled short, without leaving Wells’s marker one on one.

CDE7FF12-443A-4DA0-A6AD-9CF165F88341.thumb.jpeg.1f8074f41911b2c3f75a7caaabbca68f.jpeg

Him being fancy is often because he doesn’t have passing options.  Nothing too expansive apart from that glorious cross-field goal that led to 2nd goal.

C36936E6-E0C6-45F4-A4DD-2BE5361417F4.thumb.jpeg.64306861c9aeef4a2673f38f7ebde407.jpeg

 

5 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Thats it  no one really knows what his best position is.... a wide player midfield player 🤔  I always thought behind the strikers in the middle, I wonder if there is some media interview somewhere, where KP actually says what he thinks is his best role ?

He said central.....he doesn’t want to play wide ideally.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:


Not saying I was the “one” you are referring to, but I was definitely a poster who said that if we are going to persist with 442 I’d possibly consider weaning him back in the wide role, coming narrow, because I’d seen him play there for Derby and Blackburn (Dack stopped him playing in favoured position)...and I don’t think from a fitness / match sharpness point of view it was right to start him centrally straight off.  Got to build him up.  You expose him less too whilst he does that.

Re him playing more simple, having a proactive runner like Wells makes a vast difference....because when he gets the ball (and he has a quality first touch), he can get his head up and see a runner.  That concerns defenders, because he can pick THAT pass.  As it happened he made more passes with Fam than he did Nahki, but it perhaps demonstrates how to the naked eye, Fam had a relatively quiet game, yet he linked with Palmer because Wells dragged his marker deep meaning Fam’s marker couldn’t go as tight when Fam peeled short, without leaving Wells’s marker one on one.

CDE7FF12-443A-4DA0-A6AD-9CF165F88341.thumb.jpeg.1f8074f41911b2c3f75a7caaabbca68f.jpeg

Him being fancy is often because he doesn’t have passing options.  Nothing too expansive apart from that glorious cross-field goal that led to 2nd goal.

C36936E6-E0C6-45F4-A4DD-2BE5361417F4.thumb.jpeg.64306861c9aeef4a2673f38f7ebde407.jpeg

 

He said central.....he doesn’t want to play wide ideally.

Whoever said Chelsea saw him as a left winger. Might have been you. 

I thought it might work when that was suggested, as I thought of the Blackburn game we won 4-1. He looked a real danger on the left wing.

But also just going on his attributes maybe more suited to a wide coming in field role. He can hold it up out there, and we know he likes space. 

Centrally against certain teams I think he can struggle. Maybe like you say what is ahead of him might not always help. But some of those games, I'm thinking Ipswich and Wigan last season, teams that coming not to lose, he really struggled in the middle of the park.

I'd like to see him add goals to his game as he can really hit the ball, and should score goals as he should find himself in good shooting positions.

Needs to work on those back post runs too like Rene said.

EDIT Ipswich season before maybe! 1-1 at home 

Edited by JonDolman
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Whoever said Chelsea saw him as a left winger. Might have been you. 

I thought it might work when that was suggested, as I thought of the Blackburn game we won 4-1. He looked a real danger on the left wing.

But also just going on his attributes maybe more suited to a wide coming in field role. He can hold it up out there, and we know he likes space. 

Centrally against certain teams I think he can struggle. Maybe like you say what is ahead of him might not always help. But some of those games, I'm thinking Ipswich and Wigan last season, teams that coming not to lose, he really struggled in the middle of the park.

I'd like to see him add goals to his game as he can really hit the ball, and should score goals as he should find himself in good shooting positions.

Needs to work on those back post runs too like Rene said.

EDIT Ipswich season before maybe! 1-1 at home 

The Chelsea left wing comment wasn’t me, but most of the youth team clips stuff of Palmer shows him drifting off the left side.  Funnily enough same with Abraham, so I didn’t hold too much stock in it! 🤣

That Ipswich game was the Marinovic game!  For 25 minutes we couldn’t get the ball off of them.  Funny game that....Marinovic’s first touch set the early tone, and although we went 1-0 up (Kelly og equaliser from memory) it really was a poor game.  Don’t remember too much about Palmer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Great shout the person who suggested Palmer wide left a while back. I think it really suits him. Very early to say for sure, but early signs are promising I think. Norwich was not so good, but we maybe needed one up top and an extra body in midfield in that game to help out Palmer and all others in the midfield.

I liked on the weekend how he wasn't too fancy. There were a few moments of brilliance like one outstanding cross field pass 2nd half. But a more basic version of Palmer will see him make passes better than most like those passes round the corner when I thought he was going to pass it backwards.

Work rate good on the weekend, but needs to be able to last 90. Games will help him hopefully build his fitness to be able to achieve that. 

Happy with 60 odd minutes of him playing well though with good options to come on for him.

 

I wish to claim a small amount of credit as I also posted about why it was a good idea (less likely to get caught dithering on the ball playing wide).  Basically I don't think he has great 360 degree awareness so doesn't spot danger and gets caught when in the middle.  What he can see is a through ball though, so it makes sense for him to play off the left where he is moving inside on his right. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a brilliant recruitment team at Brentford.............Benrahma sold for £30 mill after being bought from Nice for £2.7,  this after they sold Watkins for £28 mill to Villa after picking him up for £1.7.  And they still remain one of the most entertaining and successful sides in the League..............makes you sick!  Ha!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...