IGNORED

Joe Williams

Josh93

33 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

I’ve no idea either! 

Some people on here seem excited about him, personally hadn’t seen Wigan play much when he was there so can’t really comment.

3 assists, 1 Goal, 14 yellows and 1 red in 38 appearances last season so if nothing else hopefully he’ll add a bit more bite to our midfield (when he’s not suspended and / or hiding from our medical team)

Runs around a lot, box to box & loves a sliding challenge, more often than not winning the ball. He’ll add much needed energy & bite. Can play a bit also. Proven Championship experience (though he’s been relegated in every season at this level - Bolton, Wigan & another?).

I think people get excited cos he grew up playing with Liam Walsh at Everton.  TBF I think they would compliment each other well, weather we get to see it is or not another matter?!? 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It's interesting that it seems Walsh and Williams was the plan this season. But Holden also loves Weimann and Pato. So would have been interesting to know what his plan was when thinking of a fully fit 11.

Weimann started pre-season upfront before the first injuries so I'd guess Williams, Walsh, Paterson was the initial plan 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

It's interesting that it seems Walsh and Williams was the plan this season. But Holden also loves Weimann and Pato. So would have been interesting to know what his plan was when thinking of a fully fit 11.

It will be JD, decisions decisions & what every manager wants. No doubt DH has been more frustrated than our fans not yet seeing Williams in action as he was his first ever signing. 

Once fit guess he’ll be Nagy’s replacement? which would be a shame cos the Hungarian has really won me over recently. 

21 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Runs around a lot, box to box & loves a sliding challenge, more often than not winning the ball. He’ll add much needed energy & bite. Can play a bit also. Proven Championship experience (though he’s been relegated in every season at this level - Bolton, Wigan & another?).

I think people get excited cos he grew up playing with Liam Walsh at Everton.  TBF I think they would compliment each other well, weather we get to see it is or not another matter?!? 

Barnsley was the other.

Takes a mean corner too....a few hockey-assists last season, where the near post man flicked on for Kipre or Dunkley to score....inc at AG.

Would give a different (and better imho) dimension to Nagy in MF.

3 hours ago, INCRED said:

If they don’t sell him in the next week to Coventry

Bizarre going’s on with him and I wonder if it will come out if he goes 

such a talented footballer and a player who would make a big difference in our midfield but I fear we won’t see him playing for us again 

Well, Mark ‘the politician’ Ashton just said on RB that ‘Walshy’ has told him he wants to be here. 
Well Mark, how about offering him a contract then rather than being ‘fluid’ with his representatives?!?!

Ashton is wasted at City. Should be running the Country with Boris!
Not sure he gave 20Man an upfront answer to a single question!! ?‍♂️

Great news- absolutely key that his return is managed well- return at the right time, not a convenient time.

Williams, Walsh- then one out of Bakinson, Nagy or at a push, Massengo.

Can think of worse midfields- and then again you can mix and match- Bakinson, Nagy, Williams in the continued absence of Walsh- though a problem with a lack of goals but Williams as well as bite would bring greater experience of this League.

Could have Williams, Paterson and one of Bakinson, Nagy and Massengo- adds goals and bite to the CM, and as a 3 it would have a useful balance, assuming no Walsh before Paterson return date.

In a 2? I have my doubts- not about the individuals but the system, good for counterpressing though it can be, not such a fan of it from a control and stability POV. Probably just my personal biases though to some extent.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

There in training/warming up with the first team in the Nahki Wells video.

Looks to have got through Swansea U23 unscathed...on the bench for Derby maybe?

I'd imagine he's being treated like he's made of glass, he's not played for months and had no resemblance of a pre season 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I'd imagine he's being treated like he's made of glass, he's not played for months and had no resemblance of a pre season 

Deano also said that Williams has to be introduced to the training squads bubble - not sure how long that’ll take.

Archived