IGNORED

Feeling Bored? Something to do? A free on line course about 'Football'

Tonks55

If, like me, you are bored rigid then there is a free online course about the many aspects of the game of football that can be accessed at https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/football

It involves many topics over a course of 6 weeks, estimated as 3 hours a week, covering such areas as:

• Football: History, Myths and power
  • The Global spectacle of football
  • Great Football clubs, nations and matches that have changed the world
  • The FIFA World cup and who are the champions of the world?
  • Football for International Development, Drogba Diplomacy and peace
  • Football finances, ownership and review

The course has to be completed over 8 weeks, otherwise free access to to the course is lost.

The course is an 'academics view' and, as such, wont be everyone's 'cup of tea'. However it will help fill the void in some of our lives!!

ps I have no vested interest in this course - just thought some may enjoy it!

53 minutes ago, phantom said:

What do you get for completing it?

Is there a recognised qualification? 

No qualification for the 'free version', although if you subscribe to the course you get 'a bit of paper'. Personally, I'm going to do the course for the 'fun of it'.

Mind you, Chelsea are looking for a manager so who knows where the qualification will get you! ?

13 hours ago, Tonks55 said:

No qualification for the 'free version', although if you subscribe to the course you get 'a bit of paper'. Personally, I'm going to do the course for the 'fun of it'.

Mind you, Chelsea are looking for a manager so who knows where the qualification will get you! ?

As Jay from the Inbetweeners said...’stuff like that doesn’t go unnoticed Neil!’

Archived