IGNORED

Twentyman vs. Ashton Match Thread

One Team

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

"if we don't know what our revenue is going to be because of the pandemic, then how can we judge how much we can afford"

"don't even know when supporters will be back"

"so its about timing, when we have an idea of revenue streams we can move forward"

Seems eminently sensible to me.

But carry on..

Suppose if you’ve just spanked 20k/week on Christ Brunt, Mariappa, even Mawson, without offering the potential Crown Jewels a new deal. 

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

"if we don't know what our revenue is going to be because of the pandemic, then how can we judge how much we can afford"

"so its about timing, when we have an idea of revenue streams we can move forward"

But carry on..

Suppose if you’ve just spanked 20k/week on Christ Brunt, Mariappa, even Mawson, without offering the potential Crown Jewels a new deal. 

Great show  GT asking great questions.... and while many do not like MA, I buck that trend...  I do like him and whether people like it or not... he talks a lot of sense. You may or may not agree with him but he right.  We could be like Derby County or other championship clubs facing administration...  we are not. 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

But carry on..

Use this loan

3 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Two footed approach from Geoff, love to hear it.

I really struggle to believe anything MA is saying. Mind, to say we’ve made any formal offers to any OOC players other than Fam is one hell of a statement, and what a gamble that’ll no doubt blow up in our faces.

so  the club (MA) are dealing with fams reps here in the Uk and in other parts of the world....(most likely Africa)  I dread to thinks what's going on here..  MA is right.  The club should not be held to ransom...he's had a really good offer... good luck to him in China or Turkey or where ever he ends up.. if not here

1 minute ago, RobArnold10 said:

Two footed approach from Geoff, love to hear it.

I really struggle to believe anything MA is saying. Mind, to say we’ve made any formal offers to any OOC players other than Fam is one hell of a statement, and what a gamble that’ll no doubt blow up in our faces.

To be fair, the OOC I believe are Fam, Walsh, Hunt, Pato, Weimann, Baker

4 of 6 of those are injured, 3 of those 4 long term. If you don’t know revenue and you don’t know how they’ll recover, it seems to be an appropriate gamble.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Chris Brunt "drove 100 miles to training" says Geoff, Ashton says he had a driver but it was something they got wrong, a mistake. A mistake we made with Tomlin and haven't learned from, by sounds of it

Does Holden live locally? 

That would give the wrong message. 

His Mrs has been posting videos in the snow for days when there hasn't been any around our area

Just now, phantom said:

Does Holden live locally? 

That would give the wrong message. 

His Mrs has been posting videos in the snow for days when there hasn't been any around our area

Tbf it’s really common in football to not move the family home but stay in the area during the week. If an average term of contract is 2 years that’s totally sensible.

Case in point - Neil Warnock. Lives Cornwall I believe but you wouldn’t doubt his commitment to clubs over the years

19 minutes ago, Henry said:

Basically said we can’t afford to offer Walsh a contract. I’m sure Holden said he was due to sign a contract with it days at start of the season?

Perhaps Walsh wants more than first offered or (more likely) we are now feeling the impacts financially of COVID and have had to revise the original offer / terms?

Just now, Greedo said:

If it’s all about ‘timing’ with Walsh and not offering him a deal to avoid upsetting the rest of the squad, what’s the difference with Famara?

Ones our one time record signing, fit, and proven at this level. Ones injured long term with less than 30 games at champ level

Archived