IGNORED

Twentyman vs. Ashton Match Thread

One Team

Just now, Greedo said:

If it’s all about ‘timing’ with Walsh and not offering him a deal to avoid upsetting the rest of the squad, what’s the difference with Famara?

Famara v Walsh ?

One a good servant who is proven at this level and is an important first team member.

The other ? 

Well that was pretty much what I expected. Some superb challenging questions from Geoff and certainly caught Ashton off guard.

A couple of Ashton's responses were reasonable to be fair, but many of them political and evasive and not really answering the question. 

For me though, calling us "Bristol" was unforgivable! 

Outside of that some of the answers were worrying as much as they were revealing (contracts, signings, player commitment etc.). 

Well done Geoff though, superb again. 

1 minute ago, DayRider1984 said:

He got asked a question and answered it.  how is that squirmy? if he goes back on his word then of course slate him but nothing squirmy about him agreeing to come on again.

I meant more in the context that I was of the understanding he had been invited on the show several times and had refused/made it clear that he wasn’t going to give an interview. This has attracted negative comments from the fans, many stating that he only appears during the good times.

Suddenly he changes his mind and when invited back becomes overly gushy in my opinion, a sure sign of not being genuine, again my opinion, and practically begs to be interviewed like it’s all his idea. 

I find it uncomfortable how confrontational & defensive MA always comes across.

For someone who presents themselves as such a skilled commercial negotiator he scores low on charisma. 

Must be a case that being in a position of power somewhere everyone wants to be allows the privilege to act in this way.

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Again, been saying this on FBC podcast - Holden's got a "free hit" this season due to Covid

I agree and actually his assessment is fair. What I have an issue with is prior to his appointment the assurance was that we wanted to "kick on" and have "a breath of fresh air". 

Had SL been honest and said we need to tighten our belts due to COVID and an uncertain world and lower our exceptions accordingly I wouldn't have liked it, but I'd have respected it and with hindsight agreed. 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

In summary - we are taking OOC players saying they ‘Want to stay’ is basically the same as a contract being signed it seems. Blamed poor rehab and injuries on covid, even though no other clubs are having the same level of setbacks as us. 

As much as GT pushed it I don't think we got a decent answer to the injury crisis at all. 

Three things.

1. Alfie Mawson  rehap with us not Fulham. I am sure we were told he went back to Fulham as he is a Fulham player which is normal.

2. We have to get players scanned in Solihul. So no Bristol hospital NHS or private have the right scanner. What about Cardiff or Bath etc. What a loud of rubbish.

3. we cant get them in to do the right work with the injured players because the training ground is not ready. Well then take them into the bears new training ground. We are all Bristol sport aren't we?

Good try Geoff T.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I meant more in the context that I was of the understanding he had been invited on the show several times and had refused/made it clear that he wasn’t going to give an interview. This has attracted negative comments from the fans, many stating that he only appears during the good times.

Suddenly he changes his mind and when invited back becomes overly gushy in my opinion, a sure sign of not being genuine, again my opinion, and practically begs to be interviewed like it’s all his idea. 

yea you're probably right.  well hopefully he will be regular and even though he may not answer how we would like its better than nothing. I'm sure he will be ready for the tougher questions next time.  

6 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

but it's true ?  Is it not ? Perhaps MA will be bashed for the injuries as well....   some of the criticism of him on here is beyond belief.. 

I’m trying to work out how in the Famara contract situation MA went into a speech about how Steve said he had the Clubs back and not to be held to ransom selling players cheap

To revealing (eventually after GT wouldn’t leave it) that we havnt offered Walsh a new contract to date (Or any of the others) as we don’t know what our income will be

Well Mark / Steve we are unlikely to be able to project that by even June when they walk out the door

Baffling

1 minute ago, One Team said:

As much as GT pushed it I don't think we got a decent answer to the injury crisis at all. 

Ahhh we did

The people who may have made mistakes are reviewing their work , changing lots of things and the way forward has been mapped out , by the same people that may have made poor decisions originally

Seems pretty sensible

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Use this loan

That's got to be an absolute last resource, we lose a lot every year so assuming the club has to pay it back (rather than Lansdown) then we'd be adding loan repayments in future to how much we'd lose each season

1 minute ago, One Team said:

I agree and actually his assessment is fair. What I have an issue with is prior to his appointment the assurance was that we wanted to "kick on" and have "a breath of fresh air". 

Had SL been honest and said we need to tighten our belts due to COVID and an uncertain world and lower our exceptions accordingly I wouldn't have liked it, but I'd have respected it and with hindsight agreed. 

The club also has to accept that many, many fans will be tightening their belts due to the situation too. Many will have lost their jobs or had their financial situation altered drastically. Even though people love their football it might be a decision that’s out of their hands when it comes to committing to Season Tickets in the future. 

Archived