IGNORED

Twentyman vs. Ashton Match Thread

One Team

I think many of the players and Management have their home base elsewhere, and rent in or near Bristol (Portishead?) while contracted to City.

The Brunt situation should not have happened, and MA seemed to admit that.

As to going to Solihull for a scan I find that very hard to believe and it’s a pity GT didn’t push MA on that, why would you make an injured player sit in a car for 3 or more hours when we have a number of private hospitals available in the locality with state of the art scanners?

The contract situation is not exclusive to us and I think there are going to be a huge number of players available either in or out of contract at the end of this season, COVID has really screwed everything up.

I wouldn’t buy a used car or double glazing from MA, but his kind are required in today’s football business.

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, I understand the terms have to at least match the previous deal, but is there and expiry on when it's from?

I suppose if it isnt accepted after a certain amount of time, the parties involved should really assume it's been rejected.

But hypothetically, if we offered a deal back in August or whenever, matching previous terms and Walsh never explicitly refused it, would the club have an argument for the compensation?

I’m sure there will be a cut-off, but that could vary contract to contract.  I have read something about a date in May on proper expiry, but re exercising and option that’s typically a date set in January.  But I e bit to say I don’t know for sure, only relaying what I’ve read / been told.

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

I think many of the players and Management have their home base elsewhere, and rent in or near Bristol (Portishead?) while contracted to City.

The Brunt situation should not have happened, and MA seemed to admit that.

As to going to Solihull for a scan I find that very hard to believe and it’s a pity GT didn’t push MA on that, why would you make an injured player sit in a car for 3 or more hours when we have a number of private hospitals available in the locality with state of the art scanners?

The contract situation is not exclusive to us and I think there are going to be a huge number of players available either in or out of contract at the end of this season, COVID has really screwed everything up.

I wouldn’t buy a used car or double glazing from MA, but his kind are required in today’s football business.

Think Kalas is around the cargo cabins, but Mrs is still in London....hence why him and Baker got up to some dodgy Eurotrash stuff in early lock-down, before we saw him playing keepy uppy with his missus sometime later.

What can't be helped:

- A significant tightening of spending due to the COVID accelerated financial crisis in football.

What we don't like:

- The mixed messaging, contradictory statements, and corporate jargon.

Doesn't Ashton realise that the population are absolutlely sick to death of bullsh*t at the moment? 

There is no way MA can go on radio and tell the whole truth or the clubs thoughts on certain situations, particularly where you are going to be negotiating a contract.

If I was MA, I am not sure I would be rushing to give Walsh a contract at the moment, if you can put off for a while to see if he fully recovers from his injury, can he adapt to championship football, perhaps there have been elements of his attitude they are not happy with during the recovery.

The one thing if you like MA or not, you cannot knock the way he has negotiated transfers and contracts, so while I know many love lots of conspiracy theories or like hearing a tit bit of information and making 2+2=7, sometimes we have to trust the club to do the best for the club.

29 minutes ago, daored said:

I’m thinking of Paterson , Hunt and other senior pros rather than Walsh 

To be fair to Ashton, though, he was answering the Q ‘why haven’t you offered Walsh a contract yet?’ I didn’t hear him say he wouldn’t be offering Paterson etc one. 

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

Does Holden live locally? 

That would give the wrong message. 

His Mrs has been posting videos in the snow for days when there hasn't been any around our area

I'm not sure, mate, but I tell you what: it's a good job that Hacienda's shut up Madchester, else he'd be back up there in a red brick two up, two down, and out every Saturday night with his mates, Shaun, Bez, Bonehead, Booner, Brownie, Reni, Mani, Cressa, the 808 state mob, a guy called Gerald and all the Salford and Gorton lads, getting off his tits to some banging tunes, like back in the day.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m sure there will be a cut-off, but that could vary contract to contract.  I have read something about a date in May on proper expiry, but re exercising and option that’s typically a date set in January.  But I e bit to say I don’t know for sure, only relaying what I’ve read / been told.

Think Kalas is around the cargo cabins, but Mrs is still in London....hence why him and Baker got up to some dodgy Eurotrash stuff in early lock-down, before we saw him playing keepy uppy with his missus sometime later.

Both in a **** off house in long ashton now

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I'm not sure, mate, but I tell you what: it's a good job that Hacienda's shut up Madchester, else he'd be back up there in a red brick two up, two down, and out every Saturday night with his mates, Shaun, Bez, Bonehead, Booner, Brownie, Reni, Mani, Cressa, the 808 state mob, a guy called Gerald and all the Salford and Gorton lads, getting off his tits to some banging tunes, like back in the day.

Mad for it

1 hour ago, One Team said:

Well that was pretty much what I expected. Some superb challenging questions from Geoff and certainly caught Ashton off guard.

A couple of Ashton's responses were reasonable to be fair, but many of them political and evasive and not really answering the question. 

For me though, calling us "Bristol" was unforgivable! 

Outside of that some of the answers were worrying as much as they were revealing (contracts, signings, player commitment etc.). 

Well done Geoff though, superb again. 

This is something which divides fans unnecessarily. 

I recall as a youngster the guttural roar  of ‘ BRRRRRIIIIISSSSTOL’ coming from around the ground .

No one ever said ‘ Hang on chaps were not Bristol ‘ .

We are ‘ City ‘ and we are ‘ Bristol ‘ what is the big deal ? 

Even our forum is called One Team in Bristol.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I recall as a youngster the guttural roar  of ‘ BRRRRRIIIIISSSSTOL’ coming from around the ground .

Stop getting sensible and logical Your Maj.

Really what is the world coming to.

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Bristol are a rugby team your Majorship.

I'll have to try and listen tomorrow whilst at work. 

What isn't surprising from reading through this thread, is that we have a lot of players OOC in the summer, and by the looks of it we are happy to leave it until the last minute with regards to offering new terms. To be honest a lot of us expected, and/or have come to the realisation that most will be gone by the time the new season comes around (and actually most on here were happy for them to go).

What is worrying though is that Holden states a while ago that Walsh's contract was on the table and would/should hopefully be sorted soon. Months later Lord Ashton states that no offer has been made. So either Holden is a liar, or he is being lied to. Either way, it would suggest that there could be problems between Ashton and Holden. 

I know that if my boss had made me out to be a liar in public and it wasn't right, then you could bet your ass that I wouldn't just stand there and let them get away with it.

1 minute ago, Taz said:

I know that if my boss had made me out to be a liar in public and it wasn't right, then you could bet your ass that I wouldn't just stand there and let them get away with it.

You might suck it up if he was paying you thousands a week?

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ahhh we did

The people who may have made mistakes are reviewing their work , changing lots of things and the way forward has been mapped out , by the same people that may have made poor decisions originally

Seems pretty sensible

Yep, everybody at the club is marking their own homework it seems. No doubt concluding they are all doing a jolly good job.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Lets be honest we were warned about Ashton and you really would not trust the guy but whats the obsession with Walsh from some on here? Bizarre.

Personally I am on the fence about Walsh. But as far as a contract offer is concerned I would like to know whether Holden was lying when he told us an offer had been made or if Ashton is lying now. 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Clearly Ashton isn't a likeable chap.... But the Liam walsh love in on here is laughable!! 

He is indeed the mesiah to some...

What worries me is that Holden doesnt seem to have a clue whats going on behind the scenes. After coming out and telling people that a contract was on the table. Either he knows nothing or is a complete liar. I suspect the former.

Worrying

Well just listened to it all.

Clearly the version on BBC Sounds is not the one broadcast live.

I don't recall a single fudged answer or one which sounded wrong.

You may not like the man or his answers but he dealt with everything.

2 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

He is indeed the mesiah to some...

What worries me is that Holden doesnt seem to have a clue whats going on behind the scenes. After coming out and telling people that a contract was on the table. Either he knows nothing or is a complete liar. I suspect the former.

Worrying

If they talk several times a day the least they could do is ensure their stories are consistent you would think. At best it's inefficient at worst we are being told inconsistent lies.

Archived