IGNORED

Team for - Huddersfield (H) - Tues 26th Jan 19:00 - Matchday thread

So I think maybe the best idea for these threads is to start them a few hours early so it catches the pre match talk. Braver folks can also post what teams they want, so that when we start slagging off the team we can point to the evidence of what we would have done differently! I'll post both actual line ups as soon as they hit twitter (I will spam refresh) in a single post.

So what team do you want and/or expect?

I think it'll be the flexible 4-4-2 again but there are some interesting decisions to be made.

Mawson assumedly comes in for Moore.

Then you have to pick 2 wide players from 3. Adelakun/Palmer/Semenyo with Adelakun the man to miss out would be my choice.

2 from 3 in central midfield with Vyner/Bakinson and Nagy. I think Vyner has been the best of them, and I think Nagy will get his place back.

Same up front where you pick two from 3 again, Diedhiou/Martin/Wells with Diedhiou a lock and I'd personally pick Wells over Martin.

So this would be my preferred team to start.

Bentley

Hunt         Kalas       Mawson      Rowe

Semenyo  Vyner      Nagy         Palmer

Wells        Diedhiou

12 minutes ago, Prinny said:

So I think maybe the best idea for these threads is to start them a few hours early so it catches the pre match talk. Braver folks can also post what teams they want, so that when we start slagging off the team we can point to the evidence of what we would have done differently! I'll post both actual line ups as soon as they hit twitter (I will spam refresh) in a single post.

I think it'll be the flexible 4-4-2 again but there are some interesting decisions to be made.

Then you have to pick 2 wide players from 3. Adelakun/Palmer/Semenyo with Adelakun the man to miss out would be my choice.

2 from 3 in central midfield with Vyner/Bakinson and Nagy. I think Vyner has been the best of them, and I think Nagy will get his place back.

Same up front where you pick two from 3 again, Diedhiou/Martin/Wells with Diedhiou a lock and I'd personally pick Wells over Martin.

Bentley

Wells        Diedhiou

Don't mind the look of that.

Personally, I prefer Palmer in a more central MF role, so maybe Nagy wide.

15 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Bentley

Wells        Diedhiou

My team for tonight - based on what I’d like Dean to pick based on his current enthusiasm for 442::

Bentley 
Hunt | Kalas | Mawson | Rowe
Semenyo | Bakinson | Vyner | Palmer
Wells | Diedhiou 

So same front 6, Bentley, Mawson and Hunt back in....Bakinson I think is a better player for us than Nagy in this set up.....but not overly fussed either way.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My team for tonight - based on what I’d like Dean to pick based on his current enthusiasm for 442::

Bentley 
Wells | Diedhiou 

So same front 6, Bentley, Mawson and Hunt back in....Bakinson I think is a better player for us than Nagy in this set up.....but not overly fussed either way.

Out of interest Dave . Why do you like Palmer wide left ? Do you see it as a defensive 5 with Bakinson in front the back 4 and a interchanging front 5 ( can’t use fluid now ashtons soiled it?

I worry about us defensively with Kasey wide left that we get overran / overloaded down that flank 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley 
Wells | Diedhiou 

Same team for me.

Bakinson and Vyner look a good combo (who'd of thought that at the start of season).

Nagy unlucky if left out but a long way to go.

Wells looked a lot more confident against Millwall and linked well with midfield and Diedhiou.

Really hope Semenyo can push on - starting tonight.

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Out of interest Dave . Why do you like Palmer wide left ? Do you see it as a defensive 5 with Bakinson in front the back 4 and a interchanging front 5 ( can’t use fluid now ashtons soiled it?

I worry about us defensively with Kasey wide left that we get overran / overloaded down that flank 

I don’t per se.

But I’m trying to pick a team that I’d like Dean to pick - within the way I think he might be thinking!

But I also feel that whilst Kasey gets fully fit / match fit, the centre of midfield might leave us exposed...and I actually think him drifting in off the left onto his right works in our current need to play narrow.

Ideally I’d play a totally different way, but I’m not DH ?

4 minutes ago, big dosser said:

im going to stick my neck out here for a 3 or 4 nil win as basso always said believe

60/1 for 4-0 (Paddy Power) or 18/1 for 3-0

200/1 for 5-2 well, it could happen. I remember Coventry away when we won 3-0 and the following season won 3-0 again and had a few quid on it - paid for our trip, tickets, and a good night out. I'll do a Fevs (a quid) on the 5-2.

Back to reality, I think a squeaky 2-1 win @ 8/1.

25 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think that will be the team except Martin in for Wells.

Martin seems a favourite of Holden's and will be surprised if after being rested he is not starting tonight.

I fear you might be right....but with Fam and Wells (and Antoine) scoring at the weekend, I’m assuming they have confidence on their side....and I’d pick Wells over Martin.  But as above I ain’t the head-coach,

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t per se.

But I’m trying to pick a team that I’d like Dean to pick - within the way I think he might be thinking!

But I also feel that whilst Kasey gets fully fit / match fit, the centre of midfield might leave us exposed...and I actually think him drifting in off the left onto his right works in our current need to play narrow.

Ideally I’d play a totally different way, but I’m not DH ?

Ok, was interested to know. As we have players coming back ?? Personally I’d like to see us change shape. It’s that age old argument of thinking behind recruitment though. What system suits our squad best ? 

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Been completely cut off and by extension ignoring all things City for a month or so now - Is Vyner a midfielder now?

He is our Pirlo now. Plays in slippers with a fat cigar and smoking jacket.

Slight exaggeration but he's looked very comfortable and effective in that role.

12 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Think Nagy could feel rightly aggrieved if left out after being our best player in many recent games, so would go

Bentley 
Nagy | Bakinson | Vyner | Palmer
Semenyo | Diedhiou 

Not worth putting Nagy in a wide position just to get him in the side.  Might as well give Bents a rest and put him in goal ?

1 minute ago, Hocca said:

I’m laughing at the fact Nagy playing left midfield even entered your mind

I know that isn't his position, but in the absence of options like Pato or Weimann I actually might try it.

Palmer is just too slow to turn and exposes that entire flank IMO.

Archived