IGNORED

Team for - Huddersfield (H) - Tues 26th Jan 19:00 - Matchday thread

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Wow. Well we did play very well on the weekend.

Obviously Moore was going to be dropped for Mawson, but still seems harsh after an excellent display!

I don't mind that side. Still not convinced by Wells and Fam, but they were better than usual together on the weekend.

And maybe the midfield played a part in them looking a better strike partnership.

A real threat on both flanks coming in field, and the class of Bakinson drifting forward.

Strong bench. Some good options there. But Adelakun misses out which is surprising

Personally don’t think Adelakun is good enough from what I’ve seen (admittedly just the couple of games he’s had). Would rather Edwards take the bench 

I guess Mariappa is in because Hunt is not fully fit, though perhaps it is to solidify the back 4 a bit.  I would have gone for Nagy over Bakinson, but Bakinson has the height advantage.  I expect to see Nagy in the 2nd half though. I suspect that we will also see Martin after 65 minutes in predictable fashion.

This is a game that we should really win, but as we know, these games are sometimes the hardest against defences that are setup to give nothing away.

Prediction 3-0 to City and hopefully Diedhiou, Semenyo and Wells getting on the scoresheet again.

4 minutes ago, Prinny said:

No Adelakun. so that's interesting. Guess Edwards fills his place as a sub and has more of a future here if no injury news comes out.

Morton over Towler on the bench makes sense as he's played league football.

I assume Towler has been sent to play u23's tonight with Moore ahead of him on the bench. Perhaps Adelakun has been sent there as well after Owura getting a cameo and Antoine back with Kasey playing well.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wow. Well we did play very well on the weekend.

Obviously Moore was going to be dropped for Mawson, but still seems harsh after an excellent display!

I don't mind that side. Still not convinced by Wells and Fam, but they were better than usual together on the weekend.

And maybe the midfield played a part in them looking a better strike partnership.

A real threat on both flanks coming in field, and the class of Bakinson drifting forward.

Strong bench. Some good options there. But Adelakun misses out which is surprising

Moore did ok Saturday but has too many mistakes in him. Let’s be honest , he’s not good enough to lace mawsons boots in comparison 

Archived