IGNORED

Team for - Huddersfield (H) - Tues 26th Jan 19:00 - Matchday thread

6 minutes ago, Prinny said:

No Adelakun. so that's interesting. Guess Edwards fills his place as a sub and has more of a future here if no injury news comes out.

Morton over Towler on the bench makes sense as he's played league football.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an acceptable bid for Adelakun coming in so could be a reason. By acceptable I mean in the current economic climate where we need to cash in an asset if possible. Those out of contract players would be most likely to be going but as most of them are injured we may have to accept offers where we can.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Moore did ok Saturday but has too many mistakes in him. Let’s be honest , he’s not good enough to lace mawsons boots in comparison 

Would have been a fair criticism for Vyner as well when he first came back in, consistent game time has helped him become more confident and has reduced. Feel that until Moore gets a consistent run he's going to make some mistakes when he's in and out of the side. However its difficult as Mawson is a different class and we are still in with a shout of top 6 if we can continue the upturn in form.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Would have been a fair criticism for Vyner as well when he first came back in, consistent game time has helped him become more confident and has reduced. Feel that until Moore gets a consistent run he's going to make some mistakes when he's in and out of the side. However its difficult as Mawson is a different class and we are still in with a shout of top 6 if we can continue the upturn in form.

Sorry I don’t agree , Zak’s mistakes have been few in reality . Main problem for me with Moore is he keeps making the same mistakes & switches off too much. There’s a reason he’s not getting league games and that was before Mawson came back 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry I don’t agree , Zak’s mistakes have been few in reality . Main problem for me with Moore is he keeps making the same mistakes & switches off too much. There’s a reason he’s not getting league games and that was before Mawson came back 

I think Moore would actually benefit from playing a few u23's games, get on the pitch and put some solid performances in to raise his confidence, at the moment he's mostly sat on the bench bar the odd cup appearance and coming on for a few minutes if Dean decides to go to 3 at the back to see out a game.

Just now, Lrrr said:

I think Moore would actually benefit from playing a few u23's games, get on the pitch and put some solid performances in to raise his confidence, at the moment he's mostly sat on the bench bar the odd cup appearance and coming on for a few minutes if Dean decides to go to 3 at the back to see out a game.

I think if (big if) baker was fit , Moore would probably be out on loan 

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

From what he has shown since coming back loan, don't think he is good enough to play in the championship. So if we could get a fee for him, good one to ship out.

He’s been part of a team that’s won 3 of the last 4 games since coming back? What exactly did you expect from him? 

So much need a win tonight and next game v Derby before very, very, very hard Feb fixtures get here. Any sort of win will do...........now watch Keogh go and score from a corner? its the City way

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

He’s been part of a team that’s won 3 of the last 4 games since coming back? What exactly did you expect from him? 

Malcolm McDonald once said that Newcastle fans expected him to head the ball out from a defensive corner, then pick the ball up out wide, beat defenders and get to the byline, fire in a cross and then get on the end of the cross to head it into the net!

We should expect nothing less of Adelukan.

Having played four games in 2021 Huddersfield have not won. So their confidence will be low. They also have a long list of injuries. Unfortunately historically this is just the kind of home game we lose.

Hoping that the win at Millwall and our recent home wins against Pompey and PNE give us the belief and platform to turn history around. Three points would be great ahead of away trips to a buoyant Derby (following two 1-0 wins) and a really tough test at Brentford.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

60/1 for 4-0 (Paddy Power) or 18/1 for 3-0

200/1 for 5-2 well, it could happen. I remember Coventry away when we won 3-0 and the following season won 3-0 again and had a few quid on it - paid for our trip, tickets, and a good night out. I'll do a Fevs (a quid) on the 5-2.

Back to reality, I think a squeaky 2-1 win @ 8/1.

i got 66/1 with sky 4.0 i think ive lost the plot 

Archived