IGNORED

Team for - Huddersfield (H) - Tues 26th Jan 19:00 - Matchday thread

Much better. 

The solid foundation of Kalas and Mawson key again.

Bakinson getting back to pre-Covid/injury form, picking up where he left off after Millwall, head up, picking passes and making interceptions. Vyner growing into his midfield position too, really getting the miles in with some good covering tackles.

Semenyo, some world class touches (and dummy!) KP - bags of energy, looks up for it again, lovely weighted pass for Fam’s second.

Famara - well, very very lucky boy to be on the pitch (red IMO - studs up lunge) - but 2 very well taken goals and looks a handful again.

Huddersfield for me are still getting through us too easily at times and Bentley’s had a bit too much to do. Feel we let them back in the half towards the end, which was disappointing. 

But better again though. Promising stuff going forwards and looks like there are more goals in this game for us if we can get back on top.

Fly in ointment, Rowe going off, all 3 LB’s injured, hope it’s not a bad one.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Very good but scary last 10-20 mins wasn't it!?

Maybe Nagy to come on at some point for Wells and get a bit more control in our midfield

I'd like some more help for Mariappa on that side.

Once we started time wasting we kinda let them back into it.

Given their form I’ve been impressed by Huddersfield, although Bents hasn’t had much to do they’ve shown good movement and attacking intent.

Delighted for Fam, who might have seen red, took his goals beautifully. Shame about TR injury he’s been a warrior. Kalas and Mawson have been solid, Zak looks composed. 

Missed the first 20 now on Robins TV.

Was a bit of a Palmer sceptic but he seems to be producing- as do the side! Worry still about the formation a bit, but Mariappa-Mawson-Kalas-Rowe, this can be compact. Great save by Bentley.

Thought Diedhiou took his 2 goals excellently, Hunt towards the end of the half kept us 2 up- great! Only real low spot the Rowe thing- missed bits as I say, how bad is/was his injury?

@Davefevs I seem to recall in the past you mentioned Diedhiou at Angers was different to how we have often deployed him here- do you think this is more of the Diedhiou of Angers? Goals today were a long way from high balls or high crosses into the box- than some of the ways he has been deployed in the past.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Missed the first 20  now on Robins TV.

Was a bit of a Palmer sceptic but he seems to be producing- as do the side! Worry still about the formation a bit, but Mariappa-Mawson-Kalas-Rowe, this can be compact. Great save by Bentley.

Thought Diedhiou took his 2 goals excellently, Hunt towards the end of the half kept us 2 up- great! Only real low spot the Rowe thing- missed bits as I say, how bad is/was his injury?

@Davefevs I seem to recall in the past you mentioned Diedhiou at Angers was different to how we have often deployed him here- do you think this is more of the Diedhiou of Angers? Goals today were a long way from high balls or high crosses into the box- than some of the ways he has been deployed in the past.

If it is, it's a pity we've started doing it just before he leaves. :(

Archived